Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownBears22 View Post
    No i was saying Smith is better than any WR on Wash. And Lafell is better than wash's number 2. Olsen is better than every TE on Wash. He has Williams and Stewart for a running game. Yet he can't muster a win, even when the D plays mediocre.
    Convenient for you to ignore the offensive line again.

He can't close out close games! He doesn't win. He got his *** beat by the Chiefs.
    Cam Newton is not an entire team. He's one player. Cam Newton didn't give up 127 yards to Jamaal Charles, nor did he allow Brady Quinn to complete 80% of his passes, nor did he drop a wide open TD on a perfect throw like LaFell did.

vCash
    No i was saying Smith is better than any WR on Wash. And Lafell is better than wash's number 2. Olsen is better than every TE on Wash. He has Williams and Stewart for a running game. Yet he can't muster a win, even when the D plays mediocre.
    He can't close out close games! He doesn't win. He got his *** beat by the Chiefs.
    Seahawks game this year was it the defense? Falcons game? First Tampa game? Cowboys game? Tampa OT game? That is just this year. Looking at his rookie season and it is the same thing, the guy can't win close games (6 points). And only beats teams under.500
    Seahawks game was on Newton. Falcons game was 100% on the defense. 1st TB game was on the offense. Cowboy game was a little of both. Tampa OT game was 100% on the defense, they gave up all those points at the end and couldn't stop them in OT to even give the offense a chance. You don't know anything about any of his games clearly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'm just pointing out how ignorant people are who think Cam is a terrible QB, you included. You made a post saying you'd take 20 other QBs over him which shows how ignorant you are.

I'll gladly oblige your challenge, though.

Completion percentage: He's not ****ing Drew Brees throwing 5-10 yard passes all game. He's throwing deep very often (it's the offensive scheme). His completion percentage is 57.5% this season, which I'd prefer to be higher, but I think 60% is a fine completion percentage (he had 60% his rookie year) in the offense he's in. If he were a veteran his completion percentage might be a bigger issue, but he's a second year player with barely any OL.

Short passes- yes he's had some misses, but he's shown a lot of improvement this year with it. Newton was projected to be a 3-year project QB when he was drafted, no one expected him to be a quality starter. Again, this will be a bigger issue if it's not improved in a couple of years.

Atheltic talent and QB talent- Here's where you're ignorant of Cam Newton. You only know about his running ability from highlight reels, but he does just fine passing. He's shown he's able to pass the ball. He broke the record for rookie passing yards last year, he wouldn't have done that if he couldn't pass.

Fails to win games: I don't care what QB you put on the Panthers team, with their coaching and horrid defense/special teams no non-elite QB would make this team better. A QB can only do so much. There are many examples in Newton's early career, but I'll use one. Against the Vikings last year he marched down the field late in the game and got them inside the 20 yard line in position to win. As time expired, Olindo Mare (K) missed a 30ish yard field goal. That is NOT Newton's fault. Do you want him to line-up at QB, LB, P, and K?

Rookies: Who? RG3? He's got coaching that is miles better, plus a run game. Luck? He's lobbing passes and his receivers are coming down with the passes, but you never hear anyone critique him. He's also got a pretty decent defense despite how young they are. It's also a stretch to say Luck is doing better than Newton based on anything other than win-loss ratio. Wilson clearly has more talent on his team than most QBs.

Hasn't competed with good teams: lol, I almost feel trolled for replying to this one. He had the team competing against TB, ATL, SEA, DAL, WAS, and CHI. All of those teams are competing for playoffs right now and at least three of those teams will be in the playoffs.

Olsen isn't better than Davis. Smith is better than a lot of WRs but Carolina's WR depth isn't anything. WIlliams and Stewart have done NOTHING this year, so they're irrelevant to the conversation, especially when Washington's HB is a top 5 rusher currently.

He didn't get his *** beat by the chiefs. He tossed 3TD passes, zero INTs, would've had a fourth TD if LaFell didn't drop it, and had a passer rating of 121. The defense let the garbage Chiefs offense walk all over them.
    9-19 at the end of the day a QB is defined by wins and losses. And Cam is heavy on the losses.

vCash
    Seahawks game this year was it the defense? Falcons game? First Tampa game? Cowboys game? Tampa OT game? That is just this year. Looking at his rookie season and it is the same thing, the guy can't win close games (6 points). And only beats teams under.500
    sorry that cam doesnt have a defense that scores TDs for him, gets him great field posiiton, and holds opponents to 14 ppg like the mvp cutler.

records are for teams, not players. dont care about his record. give him a good defense and he'd have a better record. magical eh?

vCash
    Bolded = yes, so I can go ahead and assume you haven't seen much of Newton's actual play this season.

vCash
    9-19 at the end of the day a QB is defined by wins and losses. And Cam is heavy on the losses.
    No, at the end of the day you don't have any real arguments so you blame the player you don't like for every problem his team has.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    sorry that cam doesnt have a defense that scores TDs for him and holds opponents to 14 ppg like the mvp cutler.

records are for teams, not players.
    What do we judge Cam on then? Potential? He is not food based on his performance so far, he doesn't make anyone better. And I have never claimed Cutler to be anything more than a game manager. And if you would like to look at his W/L record as a Bear I would welcome it.

vCash
    What do we judge Cam on then? Potential? He is not food based on his performance so far, he doesn't make anyone better. And I have never claimed Cutler to be anything more than a game manager. And if you would like to look at his W/L record as a Bear I would welcome it.
    How about his QB play? I thought that one should be obvious. When you judge a player on team accolades you're not getting anything.

vCash
    judge cam and cutler and any other qb in the nfl on their actual play....not their team's record. seems simple enough.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    No, at the end of the day you don't have any real arguments so you blame the player you don't like for every problem his team has.
    I don't know the guy. I don't care either way. I am happy he starts for the Panthers, keep it that way and the Bears will never have to worry about that matchup.

What have you done but insult. at least i bring facts to the table. Poor passing touch on short routes and intermediate routes, relies on athletic ability than qb technique, and can't win close games.

vCash
    judge cam and cutler and any other qb in the nfl on their actual play....not their team's record. seems simple enough.
    Part of your play is close games. I don't get this argument. You put in Clausen and the Panthers still go 9-19 the past two years. What has Cam really brought to the table.

vCash
    Part of your play is close games. I don't get this argument. You put in Clausen and the Panthers still go 9-19 the past two years. What has Cam really brought to the table.
    ITS ALOT EASIER TO CLOSEOUT GAMES WHEN YOUR DEFENSE ISNT GIVING UP 25 PPG. CAM HAS TO LEAD THE OFFENSE TO MORE POINTS IF HE WANTS TO WIN THAN MOST QBs. DOnt see how you can hold that against him. his defense stinks. give him a great D and he'd have a great record....but it wouldnt make him any better of a player just because his D is better. dont you understand?

vCash
    I don't know the guy. I don't care either way. I am happy he starts for the Panthers, keep it that way and the Bears will never have to worry about that matchup.

What have you done but insult. at least i bring facts to the table. Poor passing touch on short routes and intermediate routes, relies on athletic ability than qb technique, and can't win close games.
    I haven't insulted you, unless you're offended by the word 'ignorant'. You're bringing a lot of worthless facts to the table when you start talking about his team's problems.

I've already addressed your other facts. We both agree on his short accuracy being off, but I've said it's improved over the last year. I've already poitned out that Cam is more than capable of passing the ball. I've already pointed out that it's not his fault his team sucks.

In regards to your Bears argument, it'd probably be funnier if the Bears hadn't barely beat the Panthers TWO out of TWO times. Chicago won by less than a FG this year, and less than a TD last year.

vCash
    This just shows how little you know the Panthers. Clausen was 1-10 as a starter and only had two TD's, which were both to a TE. He couldn't pass to a WR to save his life. He also had a weak arm.

Put Clausen in now that he doesn't even have a running game to rely on and he'd probably go 0-16. Without Cam the Panthers would be winless. He's the only thing that is keeping them in games. If you think otherwise, show me a game on the schedule that the Panthers would've won with Clausen.

vCash
    ITS ALOT EASIER TO CLOSEOUT GAMES WHEN YOUR DEFENSE ISNT GIVING UP 25 PPG. CAM HAS TO LEAD THE OFFENSE TO MORE POINTS IF HE WANTS TO WIN THAN MOST QBs. DOnt see how you can hold that against him. his defense stinks. give him a great D and he'd have a great record....but it wouldnt make him any better of a player just because his D is better. dont you understand?
    And it is easy to put up stats as a qb if you are always playing from behind. See how that doesn't help his great stats argument. Still struggles on simple passes and that is why the O struggles to sustain long drives.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast