Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 92
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    42,975
    vCash
    7100
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    OP, you probably should've kept this thread in the Panther forums or not posted, since most people here no nothing of Cam Newton except for the articles that were posted after the NYG game.

    The people in this thread are likely to go on about his:
    -intelligence
    -maturity
    -win/loss ratio
    -ego
    -ability to be a leader/team player

    The fact of it is they know nothing about him.

    -They'll rag on Newton for his intelligence, but have absolutely nothing to say he's stupid or smart (he scored a 21 on his wonderlic, which is slightly under average, but not terrible).
    -They'll say he's immature for things like a TD celebration (despite the fact that tons of players do it and his doesn't offend anyone), or his demeanor in post-game losses (because I guess they want a QB who loves to lose).
    -They'll bash his win-loss ratio without ever looking at how many games Carolina's defense/special teams/coaches have lost over the last two years.
    -They'll make up imaginary ego problems, despite the fact that he has none that anyone can see. If they kept up with him the way Panther fans do they'd know this. He's never had a teammate complain about him (except when Smitty called him out on sulking, which Newton thanked him for, what an egotistical maniac, right?).
    -They'll question his ability to lead, despite the fact that he's put the team in position to win so many games, but other parts of the team that he has no control over has lost the game for them. His teammates all love him and do not doubt him.

    tl;dr, just watch his games and make your own intelligent opinion of him rather than spamming "durr SCAM Newton is at it again with his damn celebrations and trying to kill our children, ruing the game, he's a thug, and dumb, I saw his highlight reel one time," bull-****.





  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,540
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Cam has a lot of talent, but lacks the mentality it takes to be a good Qb in this league. He's all about flash and not about brains. He's not smart enough to be an elite Qb
    Reasoning? Is it your un-knowledgeable opinion, or do you have some way to back this up? I don't care if it's your opinion, but I don't see what you have to base it on.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownBears22 View Post
    I have never thought of Cam as a QB that is anything more than a gimmick. He will put fans in seats much like Vick, but he is not a QB you build a franchise around. Look at his W-L record. There are QB's who have less than Cam offensively and defensively that have a better record than Cam. Cam preys on the weak teams and gets beat up by the top tier teams. Grab him in fantasy, but in real football I would rather have 20 other Qbs
    W/L means **** when your team sucks overall. What teams have less than Cam on both sides of the ball and are still doing well? Also, the weak-team vs strong-team argument sucks as well. He's done well against all the top teams, and last season had one of his best games against the #1 defense (HOU). Name 20 other active QBs you'd rather have. Better yet, name 10 and I'll call you a moron.

    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    If Newton was in a 1 read and run offense he'd look much better statwise. Instead he throws deep more often than most QBs in the NFL.
    So many people don't realize this. They always group Newton in the same group as Vick and RG3 in terms of scrambling, but Cam rarely ever gets bootleg passes like they do, and he plays more in the pocket than they do. 80+% of Newton's runs are designed run plays, not scrambles.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    19,068
    vCash
    1364
    I still think he can be a top 10 QB. He has a lot of talent, once he matures I think he will be a very good QB
    http://newyorkknicksmemesdotcom.file...73bd8ccc5d.gif
    Amare!!!!

    SIM LEAGUE SUNS
    Jason Kidd and Chris webber
    2000-2001 48-34 first round KO
    2001-2002 64-18 first round KO
    2002-2003 55-27. Second round KO
    2003-2004 46-36 second round KO game 7 loss
    2004-2005 42-40
    2005-2006 welcome Glenn big dog

    Sig bet with Mr. baller on Yankees making the playoffs loser has to hold
    SIG of the winners choice for entire playoffs

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    8,164
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    OP, you probably should've kept this thread in the Panther forums or not posted, since most people here no nothing of Cam Newton except for the articles that were posted after the NYG game.

    The people in this thread are likely to go on about his:
    -intelligence
    -maturity
    -win/loss ratio
    -ego
    -ability to be a leader/team player

    The fact of it is they know nothing about him.

    -They'll rag on Newton for his intelligence, but have absolutely nothing to say he's stupid or smart (he scored a 21 on his wonderlic, which is slightly under average, but not terrible).
    -They'll say he's immature for things like a TD celebration (despite the fact that tons of players do it and his doesn't offend anyone), or his demeanor in post-game losses (because I guess they want a QB who loves to lose).
    -They'll bash his win-loss ratio without ever looking at how many games Carolina's defense/special teams/coaches have lost over the last two years.
    -They'll make up imaginary ego problems, despite the fact that he has none that anyone can see. If they kept up with him the way Panther fans do they'd know this. He's never had a teammate complain about him (except when Smitty called him out on sulking, which Newton thanked him for, what an egotistical maniac, right?).
    -They'll question his ability to lead, despite the fact that he's put the team in position to win so many games, but other parts of the team that he has no control over has lost the game for them. His teammates all love him and do not doubt him.

    tl;dr, just watch his games and make your own intelligent opinion of him rather than spamming "durr SCAM Newton is at it again with his damn celebrations and trying to kill our children, ruing the game, he's a thug, and dumb, I saw his highlight reel one time," bull-****.
    That's great and all but what substance did you add to this topic? How does any of this prove he is a good QB? It doesn't it is deflection. He has a poor comp rating, struggles in the short to intermediate passing, relies on his athletic ability over qb talent to make plays, and fails to win games. There are rookies doing more with less right now than Cam. Those are facts, he has failed to really compete with any team that is thought of as good.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    42,975
    vCash
    7100
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownBears22 View Post
    That's great and all but what substance did you add to this topic? How does any of this prove he is a good QB? It doesn't it is deflection. He has a poor comp rating, struggles in the short to intermediate passing, relies on his athletic ability over qb talent to make plays, and fails to win games. There are rookies doing more with less right now than Cam. Those are facts, he has failed to really compete with any team that is thought of as good.


    No there are not. Oh, and saying that the Panthers haven't competed with any good teams is a complete and utter lie. You have zero clue what you're talking about.





  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    8,164
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post


    No there are not. Oh, and saying that the Panthers haven't competed with any good teams is a complete and utter lie. You have zero clue what you're talking about.
    Please tell me that RGIII has anyone near the talent as steve smith or Lafell as a number 2.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    14,824
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Reasoning? Is it your un-knowledgeable opinion, or do you have some way to back this up? I don't care if it's your opinion, but I don't see what you have to base it on.



    W/L means **** when your team sucks overall. What teams have less than Cam on both sides of the ball and are still doing well? Also, the weak-team vs strong-team argument sucks as well. He's done well against all the top teams, and last season had one of his best games against the #1 defense (HOU). Name 20 other active QBs you'd rather have. Better yet, name 10 and I'll call you a moron.



    So many people don't realize this. They always group Newton in the same group as Vick and RG3 in terms of scrambling, but Cam rarely ever gets bootleg passes like they do, and he plays more in the pocket than they do. 80+% of Newton's runs are designed run plays, not scrambles.
    Agree with the last point. Greg Cossell had a great article last year on Cam being more of a pocket passer than people realized and that he rarely took off and ran at the first sign of trouble.
    Last edited by FortDetroit; 12-04-2012 at 05:15 PM.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    8,164
    vCash
    1500
    What impressive wins does Cam have under his belt. He has beat 1 team in his career with a record above .500, Houston without Schaub and Johnson last year. So yeah he has failed to compete with anyone worthwhile and win.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    42,975
    vCash
    7100
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownBears22 View Post
    Please tell me that RGIII has anyone near the talent as steve smith or Lafell as a number 2.
    Garcon is better than LaFell. Absolutely he is. Between Santana Moss and Leonard Hankerson, their #2 WR options aren't much worse than LaFell. They also had an equal TE option to Greg Olsen before he went down. You're also conveniently forgetting that Washington has a better OL (with Kalil out for CAR) and has competent minds on their offensive coaching staff. Washington is a better football team than Carolina.





  10. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    42,975
    vCash
    7100
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownBears22 View Post
    What impressive wins does Cam have under his belt. He has beat 1 team in his career with a record above .500, Houston without Schaub and Johnson last year. So yeah he has failed to compete with anyone worthwhile and win.
    Now you've changed your argument. Before it was compete. You were wrong, so now it's compete and win. Last I checked, a QB is not the only responsible party for wins and losses, so using one player to talks in terms of wins and losses is simply foolish.





  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    8,164
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Garcon is better than LaFell. Absolutely he is. Between Santana Moss and Leonard Hankerson, their #2 WR options aren't much worse than LaFell. They also had an equal TE option to Greg Olsen before he went down. You're also conveniently forgetting that Washington has a better OL (with Kalil out for CAR) and has competent minds on their offensive coaching staff. Washington is a better football team than Carolina.
    No i was saying Smith is better than any WR on Wash. And Lafell is better than wash's number 2. Olsen is better than every TE on Wash. He has Williams and Stewart for a running game. Yet he can't muster a win, even when the D plays mediocre.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    8,164
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Now you've changed your argument. Before it was compete. You were wrong, so now it's compete and win. Last I checked, a QB is not the only responsible party for wins and losses, so using one player to talks in terms of wins and losses is simply foolish.
    He can't close out close games! He doesn't win. He got his *** beat by the Chiefs.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    14,824
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownBears22 View Post
    He can't close out close games! He doesn't win. He got his *** beat by the Chiefs.
    closing out games requires the defense as well.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,540
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownBears22 View Post
    That's great and all but what substance did you add to this topic? How does any of this prove he is a good QB? It doesn't it is deflection. He has a poor comp rating, struggles in the short to intermediate passing, relies on his athletic ability over qb talent to make plays, and fails to win games. There are rookies doing more with less right now than Cam. Those are facts, he has failed to really compete with any team that is thought of as good.
    I'm just pointing out how ignorant people are who think Cam is a terrible QB, you included. You made a post saying you'd take 20 other QBs over him which shows how ignorant you are.

    I'll gladly oblige your challenge, though.

    Completion percentage: He's not ****ing Drew Brees throwing 5-10 yard passes all game. He's throwing deep very often (it's the offensive scheme). His completion percentage is 57.5% this season, which I'd prefer to be higher, but I think 60% is a fine completion percentage (he had 60% his rookie year) in the offense he's in. If he were a veteran his completion percentage might be a bigger issue, but he's a second year player with barely any OL.

    Short passes- yes he's had some misses, but he's shown a lot of improvement this year with it. Newton was projected to be a 3-year project QB when he was drafted, no one expected him to be a quality starter. Again, this will be a bigger issue if it's not improved in a couple of years.

    Atheltic talent and QB talent- Here's where you're ignorant of Cam Newton. You only know about his running ability from highlight reels, but he does just fine passing. He's shown he's able to pass the ball. He broke the record for rookie passing yards last year, he wouldn't have done that if he couldn't pass.

    Fails to win games: I don't care what QB you put on the Panthers team, with their coaching and horrid defense/special teams no non-elite QB would make this team better. A QB can only do so much. There are many examples in Newton's early career, but I'll use one. Against the Vikings last year he marched down the field late in the game and got them inside the 20 yard line in position to win. As time expired, Olindo Mare (K) missed a 30ish yard field goal. That is NOT Newton's fault. Do you want him to line-up at QB, LB, P, and K?

    Rookies: Who? RG3? He's got coaching that is miles better, plus a run game. Luck? He's lobbing passes and his receivers are coming down with the passes, but you never hear anyone critique him. He's also got a pretty decent defense despite how young they are. It's also a stretch to say Luck is doing better than Newton based on anything other than win-loss ratio. Wilson clearly has more talent on his team than most QBs.

    Hasn't competed with good teams: lol, I almost feel trolled for replying to this one. He had the team competing against TB, ATL, SEA, DAL, WAS, and CHI. All of those teams are competing for playoffs right now and at least three of those teams will be in the playoffs.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownBears22 View Post
    No i was saying Smith is better than any WR on Wash. And Lafell is better than wash's number 2. Olsen is better than every TE on Wash. He has Williams and Stewart for a running game. Yet he can't muster a win, even when the D plays mediocre.
    Olsen isn't better than Davis. Smith is better than a lot of WRs but Carolina's WR depth isn't anything. WIlliams and Stewart have done NOTHING this year, so they're irrelevant to the conversation, especially when Washington's HB is a top 5 rusher currently.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownBears22 View Post
    He can't close out close games! He doesn't win. He got his *** beat by the Chiefs.
    He didn't get his *** beat by the chiefs. He tossed 3TD passes, zero INTs, would've had a fourth TD if LaFell didn't drop it, and had a passer rating of 121. The defense let the garbage Chiefs offense walk all over them.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    8,164
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    closing out games requires the defense as well.
    Seahawks game this year was it the defense? Falcons game? First Tampa game? Cowboys game? Tampa OT game? That is just this year. Looking at his rookie season and it is the same thing, the guy can't win close games (6 points). And only beats teams under.500

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •