Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZHawk1123 View Post
    But he is.
    Not in my opinion. He doesn't stay in the pocket very long typically. Short pass or run. Hasn't proven it yet, unlike someone like Luck.
    Last edited by FortDetroit; 12-04-2012 at 05:21 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZHawk1123 View Post
    But he is.
    I agree, not RGIII's call to run a 1read system. He has shown he can go through a progression, Wash just lacks the receiving talent to make it worth it IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    Not in my opinion. He doesn't stay in the pocket very long typically. Short pass or run.
    Neither does Rodgers.

vCash
    Once he matures he will be the best in the league

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownBears22 View Post
    He will never be a top 10qb. He lacks that thing good qbs have......talent. He has a mid-level arm and relies on athletic ability. That is an equation I have seen too many times.....Kordell, VY, Vick, etc.
    I was going to stay out of this thread because I know people are just going to say a bunch of stupid **** because they derive their opinions not from actually watching the Panthers, but just from parroting what the national media says, but this is just asinine. Cam Newton has possibly the best arm in the league.
    On Cam Newton:

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    So it's official.

This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash

Last Year vs This Year

Stats are very similar to last year. With 4 games left, wouldn't be surprised if he almost put up identical numbers, except rushing touchdowns.

I don't like the constant shotgun-read option offense they run. That hasn't and seems like it will never work in the NFL. They need to get rid of that.

In regards to his maturity issues, yes they are there. But lets be honest, it's his second season in the league where he is not on a very good team. He is so used to winning, so maybe after year 3 or 4 if this keeps up that will definitely be an issue.

As well, with all the RGIII talk, give Cam Newton the QB coach like RG has, Shannahan, I think he does much better as well. Rivera is more of a defensive minded coach not offensive like Shannahan. That would help Cam as well. Or one might say, do a role reversal for them, then what would happen?

With regards to Luck, he is probably the most mentally ready QB that's in his first two years. He'd play well no matter what team he was on.

vCash
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/3...owelget298.jpg

This guy must have been a terrible leader/player since he put a towel on his head while he was on the bench.
    On Cam Newton:

So it's official.

This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    I was going to stay out of this thread because I know people are just going to say a bunch of stupid **** because they derive their opinions not from actually watching the Panthers, but just from parroting what the national media says, but this is just asinine. Cam Newton has possibly the best arm in the league.
    This. Last week he through a bomb something like 65-70 yards down the field in the air when I was watching. It was a cannon. Get him out of that read-option **** and I think he plays better.

vCash
    I dont watch or listen to national media. Hard to do when you don't live in the states.

Mid level arm because he struggles with the short to intermediate passes. I don't understand how he struggles throwing a simple slant.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yoseppii12 View Post
    This. Last week he through a bomb something like 65-70 yards down the field in the air when I was watching. It was a cannon. Get him out of that read-option **** and I think he plays better.
    57.5% completion. Sails a lot of passes

vCash
    I dont watch or listen to national media. Hard to do when you don't live in the states.

Mid level arm because he struggles with the short to intermediate passes. I don't understand how he struggles throwing a simple slant.
    Ah, I can agree with that. He just seems to have a tough time gauging his arm strength and putting touch on balls. That's the type of thing that can come along with experience, though.
    On Cam Newton:

So it's official.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yoseppii12 View Post
    The read option is good for a few plays here and there, but the Panthers run too much of it, and it bogs down really easily against good, disciplined defenses. It worked against KC last week because they're trash, but the NFC South teams are already pretty much on top of how to defend it.
    On Cam Newton:

So it's official.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    57.5% completion. Sails a lot of passes
    Agreed. I thought you were regarding his "arm strength" when you said mid-level arm. My B. Understand that though. He need to raise that by a good 10% before he will be considered elite! However, he does lead the league in Yards/attempt so he obviously does through longer/lower percentage throws.

vCash
    Ah, I can agree with that. He just seems to have a tough time gauging his arm strength and putting touch on balls. That's the type of thing that can come along with experience, though.
    It can, but rarely does it happen. Vick is still trying.

vCash
    OP, you probably should've kept this thread in the Panther forums or not posted, since most people here no nothing of Cam Newton except for the articles that were posted after the NYG game.

The people in this thread are likely to go on about his:
    -intelligence
    -maturity
    -win/loss ratio
    -ego
    -ability to be a leader/team player

The fact of it is they know nothing about him.

-They'll rag on Newton for his intelligence, but have absolutely nothing to say he's stupid or smart (he scored a 21 on his wonderlic, which is slightly under average, but not terrible).
    -They'll say he's immature for things like a TD celebration (despite the fact that tons of players do it and his doesn't offend anyone), or his demeanor in post-game losses (because I guess they want a QB who loves to lose).
    -They'll bash his win-loss ratio without ever looking at how many games Carolina's defense/special teams/coaches have lost over the last two years.
    -They'll make up imaginary ego problems, despite the fact that he has none that anyone can see. If they kept up with him the way Panther fans do they'd know this. He's never had a teammate complain about him (except when Smitty called him out on sulking, which Newton thanked him for, what an egotistical maniac, right?).
    -They'll question his ability to lead, despite the fact that he's put the team in position to win so many games, but other parts of the team that he has no control over has lost the game for them. His teammates all love him and do not doubt him.

tl;dr, just watch his games and make your own intelligent opinion of him rather than spamming "durr SCAM Newton is at it again with his damn celebrations and trying to kill our children, ruing the game, he's a thug, and dumb, I saw his highlight reel one time," bull-****.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast