Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Analyze: Cam Newton

First post/thread, whatever you wanna call it, so don't kill me......But I want to know what other people's thoughts are on Cam Newton....Is this merely a sophmore slump? Or was last year a miracle, and it's only gonna get worse?

*Personally, I beleive that A) Cam does have some growing up to do. B) Ron Rivera is lost in the sauce and C) The panthers defense is abismal.....However, I honestly beleive that with a new head coach, and some added peices on offense (WIDE RECEIVERS), Cam will regain his thunder and in a couple years be considered an elite QB. He has all the potential in the world. From a cannon for an arm, RGIII-esque scrambling ability, and a 6'6'' stature.

What are your guys' honest opinions on the future of Mr. Cam Newton?

vCash
    Cam has a lot of talent, but lacks the mentality it takes to be a good Qb in this league. He's all about flash and not about brains. He's not smart enough to be an elite Qb
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    he's no gabbert
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    I'd rather have James Harden

vCash
    I have never thought of Cam as a QB that is anything more than a gimmick. He will put fans in seats much like Vick, but he is not a QB you build a franchise around. Look at his W-L record. There are QB's who have less than Cam offensively and defensively that have a better record than Cam. Cam preys on the weak teams and gets beat up by the top tier teams. Grab him in fantasy, but in real football I would rather have 20 other Qbs

vCash
    He's still going to be really good. Don't care what anyone says.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    He's still going to be really good. Don't care what anyone says.
    Define "really good".

Are you saying that he will be a top ten Qb...or better?

I don't know if I can ever seem him becoming an elite Qb or anything like that.
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Define "really good".

Well, for example i'd take him over RGIII long term. And I liked RGIII better than Luck coming out. But after seeing his playing style...he's going to get killed if he keeps it up.

If Newton was in a 1 read and run offense he'd look much better statwise. Instead he throws deep more often than most QBs in the NFL.

vCash

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Define "really good".

He will never be a top 10qb. He lacks that thing good qbs have......talent. He has a mid-level arm and relies on athletic ability. That is an equation I have seen too many times.....Kordell, VY, Vick, etc.

vCash
    Well, for example i'd take him over RGIII long term. And I liked RGIII better than Luck coming out. But after seeing his playing style...he's going to get killed if he keeps it up.

If Newton was in a 1 read and run offense he'd look much better statwise. Instead he throws deep more often than most QBs in the NFL.
    (RG3)He takes maybe 5-10 hits a game. He is built to take those hits. His one concussion came off an illegal hit. Cam struggles with touch passes, it has been that way since he played college. Big arm, great athlete, 2 cent mind.

vCash
    He has the physical tools but lacks what it takes to be an elite qb mentally. Just observing how he handles different situations and when things aren't going well he's always found under a Gatorade towel on the sidelines. Not what I would want to see out of my franchise starting QB. Steve Smith has let him have a few times on the sidelines about getting his head in the game. He needs to be the leader and when things get tough show poise. I just don't see it so far. He's a duplicate Vince Young to some degree.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownBears22 View Post
    (RG3)He takes maybe 5-10 hits a game. He is built to take those hits. His one concussion came off an illegal hit. Cam struggles with touch passes, it has been that way since he played college. Big arm, great athlete, 2 cent mind.
    RGIII is built to take hits? lol. He's a friggin twig. It will catch up to him eventually like it has with Vick.

vCash
    RGIII is built to take hits? lol. He's a friggin twig. It will catch up to him eventually like it has with Vick.
    RGIII can be a pocket passer unlike Vick. He has the skills to sit back and pick a D apart

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownBears22 View Post
    RGIII can be a pocket passer unlike Vick. He has the skills to sit back and pick a D apart
    But right now he doesn't. He has 1 read and then runs the ball. That's their offense right now. That's his game right now. If he changes his game as he matures, that's one thing, but right now he's not a good pocket passer.

vCash
    But right now he doesn't. He has 1 read and then runs the ball. That's their offense right now. That's his game right now. If he changes his game as he matures, that's one thing, but right now he's not a good pocket passer.
    But he is.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast