Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Do you think a D'Antoni-coached team will ever win a championship?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

17 24.29%
  • No

53 75.71%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Do you think a D'Antoni-coached team will ever win a championship?

I've made a statement before - and I'm guessing many others have - that no team coached by Mike D'Antoni will ever win a championship.
    Do you think a D'Antoni-coached team will ever win a championship? If so, why? If not, do you think there's something he could slightly alter to make his system more successful, other than the obvious defensive improvements?
    To win a championship using his system, a team would need such a perfect combination of speed, athleticism and talent that it just isn't plausible. The Suns came pretty close, but once again, they had all those qualities including a prime Steve Nash, Amare Stoudemire and Shawn Marion.
    At this point, it seems D'Antoni's system is the problem, not the teams trying to fit it. He might fit well at the University of Oregon, making the basketball team more like the football team - doing really well but eventually losing to a good defensive team.
    Last edited by mrblisterdundee; 12-03-2012 at 07:01 PM.

vCash
    Yes this years lakers, times are rough right now but they'll get it together soon enough
    Last edited by LoveMeOrHateMe; 12-03-2012 at 07:11 PM.

Love him or hate him, call him overrated, a punk, chump, and whatever blasphemy you people speak, fact of the matter is there is no denying he's the best of his generation and will go down as a top 5 player ever...what he has done for the NBA is amazing he's the biggest name in basketball all around the world and his chase for number 6 continues! All that matters though to us Laker fans is #17! Lakersnation! #16to17

vCash
    I will say a shaky "no".

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    I see the lakers in the chip game and losing it so i say no....
    Knicks and 49ers!

vCash
    don't be ridiculous.

Born a Knick Live a Knick Die a Knick
    Knicks-Jets-Yanks-Chris Paul-St.Johns-Duke Fan

vCash
    no.

vCash
    He hasn't given me a reason to believe that he can....but we'll see.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Yes this years lakers, times are rough right now but they'll get it together soon enough
    Did you not just see them get owned in the last six minutes against the Magic at the Staples Center last night? And don't tell me Steve Nash would have helped stop the Magic from scoring 31 points in six minutes.

vCash
    No reason to believe the answer to this question is yes.

vCash
    No.
    -A chunk of brimstone that rained down from Heaven

"GOD condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah and turned them into ashes, making them an ensample to those that live ungodly lives... (2 Peter 2:6)."

The word "ensample" in the Greek language means:a visible example, something that can be witnessed in the physical universe.

Check out more visible examples at

http://www.arkdiscovery.com/index2.htm
    http://michaelrood.tv/

vCash
    Not with current team...

vCash
    It's possible

You can argue that they could have won in '07 if not for the Amar'e/Diaw suspensions

2014-2015 New York Knicks

vCash
    A definite no. I've been sayin this since his days with the Suns and knew he would never be the coach to bring the Knicks to the promised land. He is overly reliant on his system, doesn't preach defense AT ALL and on top of all that he is bad with his rotations, most often only using 8 players in total. His system is entertaining and puts points on the board but he simply isn't a very good coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post

The division is going to be ran by the Sixers and Raptors in three years. Book it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PC View Post
    It's possible

You can argue that they could have won in '07 if not for the Amar'e/Diaw suspensions
    With a tailor made team and a great defensive assistant

still a big maybe

07 he did have a shot

vCash
    Absolutely not. Bad move by the Lakers. What a waste of talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast