Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Keppinger had some impressive stats especially against LHP last year.

A .396 wOBA, an OPS of .923, and a WRC+ of 158...

That's impressive for a guy who can backup multiple positions and is a good platoon option with Chavez predominantly.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-05-2012 at 02:32 AM.

vCash
    Isn't J. Nix , E. Nunez & E. Chavez that player for us? All are stop gaps at 3rd and all can play multiple infield positions.

The only reason to pursue a pure 3rd baseman is if you think Arod isn't coming back.

I would rather use the salary on corner outfielders.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by amz View Post
    Isn't J. Nix , E. Nunez & E. Chavez that player for us? All are stop gaps at 3rd and all can play multiple infield positions.

The only reason to pursue a pure 3rd baseman is if you think Arod isn't coming back.

I would rather use the salary on corner outfielders.
    Chavez is the platoon for RHP, there is no problem there.

Can Nix hit enough to hold the position till A-Rod comes back and for that matter can Nunez field 3rd base well enough to warrant him there as well?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Chavez is the platoon for RHP, there is no problem there.

Can Nix hit enough to hold the position till A-Rod comes back and for that matter can Nunez field 3rd base well enough to warrant him there as well?
    Cashman has publicly said they only view Nunez as a short stop. They don't want him to play third.

Nunez defense leaves a lot to be desired when he plays many positions. He doesn't have what it takes to be a utility infielder. He didn't have these defensive issues when he was used as a short stop through the minors. I'm seems like it's mental and it doesn't seem like he can overcome it while playing multiple times positions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    Cashman has publicly said they only view Nunez as a short stop. They don't want him to play third.

Nunez defense leaves a lot to be desired when he plays many positions. He doesn't have what it takes to be a utility infielder. He didn't have these defensive issues when he was used as a short stop through the minors. I'm seems like it's mental and it doesn't seem like he can overcome it while playing multiple times positions.
    Yeah the traditional and advanced defensive stats are not good neither does he pass the eye test as an INF. I saw his "attempt" to play the OF too (i empathize because we have Lucas Duda who is god awful)

He can hit but it seems he has no position.

As for Nix, he doesn't hit enough to warrant a platoon at 3rd base.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-05-2012 at 06:29 AM.

vCash
    Can anybody see the Yankees signing Youkilis to a one year deal ? That would cost some big bucks. If ARod does come back where does Youk play? DH? Give Tex a day off? Where as Keppinger can play they entire infield and will be cheaper for loner. One less concern after 2013. Thoughts?
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    So much for that:

Jon Heyman of CBS Sports hears that the White Sox and Jeff Keppinger have agreed to a three-year deal.

No word yet on the terms involved, but there were reports that bidding was in the three-year, $12 million range. Keppinger batted .325/.367/.439 with nine homers, 40 RBI and an .806 OPS this past season for the Rays and will slot in at third base for the ChiSox in 2013. The Yankees were considering Keppinger as a possible stop-gap option with Alex Rodriguez set to undergo hip surgery, but they'll now have to go back to the drawing board.
    Rotoworld

| .372 AVG | 0 HR | 2 RBI | 6 SB | .438 OBP | .442 SLG | .394 wOBA |

vCash
    The Yankees shouldve scooped him up. He would've been great to have to back up Jeter and fill in the void at 3B for the first few months of next season. Kind of shocked they let him go. Leads me to think they will resign Chavez for sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    The Yankees shouldve scooped him up. He would've been great to have to back up Jeter and fill in the void at 3B for the first few months of next season. Kind of shocked they let him go. Leads me to think they will resign Chavez for sure.
    Chavez's durability is a pretty big issue though. A platoon of him and Keppinger would have been ideal in my mind.

| .372 AVG | 0 HR | 2 RBI | 6 SB | .438 OBP | .442 SLG | .394 wOBA |

vCash
    Don't you people understand that the Yanks are NOT giving multi year deals to anyone.. we are on a ONE YEAR plan right now

vCash
    I was always content with Cashman's plan to lay back and wait on deals. However in the last 2-3 days, we have had Haren sign a one year deal, Keppinger (whom I thought would e a perfect fit) sign for 12 million and now rumors of Kubel and others being moved for minor pieces.

I really hope there is a plan in place that will come to light soon. I realize the winter meetings aren't over yet, and there is plenty of work to be done, but I think a lot of opportunities have passed us by already.

vCash
    F this guy. Close this thread!
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

The Ace.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12