1 8.33%
  • Richardson's old *** lights us up for 20

0 0%
  • Sexy saves the day again

4 33.33%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RubenG View Post
    I am simply saying that fans are a fickle bunch, and in this forum, particularly with JJ.

When the Timberwolves signed him, most reacted like: "Cool. We get a change of pace player"

The Balkis came in and your reaction turned into: "I swear that if I read JJ's name again I will scream!"

Now, this season the reaction has been somewhat mixed: "JJ? ....he CAN be ok...but he is a frustrating player to watch..."

I kind of like that he has played himself into your doubts though. The Balkis trauma has been huge hahaha
    Last year, JJ made terrible decisions routinely, which caused him to be the beating child for a lot of fans on here, this year, he seems to make those mistakes a lot less, and has been playing himself into the good graces of the fans...the decisions he made on the court last year were so terrible, that when he does them this year, we all think "oh here we go again," and in game threads, we all post down our "oh he were go again" thought. The inconsistency with the fan base opinion of JJ I think, also has a lot to do with his play...one game, he will be lights out, will be getting that dribble penetration going, and score in bunches, another game, he will just dribble around and never do anything. He is a roller coaster player, where one game he is up, and the next he is down...and so, the fans go up and down with him.

vCash
    I think Balkis had a lot to do with the hate for JJ as well. It is hard to like someone, when you are constantly hearing how the player is god like, because he scored. Or that he actually passed the ball.

I have really never minded JJ that much. He didnt deserve the love that Balkis gave him, nor the hate that many other members showed towards him. He is, what he is. A decent back up, that has high energy.
    Now why did the Wolves do that?

vCash
    Barea is just unpredictable...

Wolves United

vCash
    Ruben == Balkis?

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    Ruben == Balkis?
    I've been operating under that assumption for a long time.

And to be clear, Balkis (or whoever) had nothing to do with my loathing for JJ's game. I simply don't like players that over dribble, dribble with their eyes on the floor, and look for their shot first. Plus, floppers piss me off. I was reasonably happy when he came here (though we out bid everyone else by miles for him) but he hasn't been healthy or played consistently. We all knew he would not be a strong defender, but he also was not very good offensively for a litany of reasons which I shan't restate here.

Our injuries over the last two seasons have forced him to do things outside of his skill set, and that's not his fault, but he should be able to adapt his game more than he has. When Ricky comes back, and he can get 12-20 mpg, and do his jitterbug thing, I will be at peace with him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    Ruben == Balkis?
    .......they finally caught up with me.....guess I'll have to change names again......

GO GO JJ JORDAN!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rubeng View Post
    .......they finally caught up with me.....guess i'll have to change names again......

Go go jj jordan!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RubenG View Post
    I am simply saying that fans are a fickle bunch, and in this forum, particularly with JJ.

When the Timberwolves signed him, most reacted like: "Cool. We get a change of pace player"

The Balkis came in and your reaction turned into: "I swear that if I read JJ's name again I will scream!"

Now, this season the reaction has been somewhat mixed: "JJ? ....he CAN be ok...but he is a frustrating player to watch..."

I kind of like that he has played himself into your doubts though. The Balkis trauma has been huge hahaha
    JJ ended up needing to step into a role we didn't plan on him having, being a lead PG, in which he is not capable of. So when we watch our starting PG dribble around and deflate the air out of the ball, throw horrible entrance passes, and not guard anyone, we get upset.

NOW, when JJ comes off the bench, with some other talent around him, he simply is asked to score when needed, bring the ball up the floor, get it to Shved, and start moving. He is effective this way.

Again, its the same with Luke. Easy to criticize a player who is being asked to do something he just isn't good at doing, because of lack of talent last year, and injuries this year. In the 2nd half of the season, when Rubio is back, and especially when Budinger comes back in 2 months, Barea will actually look like a helluva player, because it will represent what he played with in Dallas. Floor spacers, and good players, meaning he will have more space to attack, which is his game.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigus Dogus View Post
    I've been operating under that assumption for a long time.

And to be clear, Balkis (or whoever) had nothing to do with my loathing for JJ's game. I simply don't like players that over dribble, dribble with their eyes on the floor, and look for their shot first. Plus, floppers piss me off. I was reasonably happy when he came here (though we out bid everyone else by miles for him) but he hasn't been healthy or played consistently. We all knew he would not be a strong defender, but he also was not very good offensively for a litany of reasons which I shan't restate here.

Our injuries over the last two seasons have forced him to do things outside of his skill set, and that's not his fault, but he should be able to adapt his game more than he has. When Ricky comes back, and he can get 12-20 mpg, and do his jitterbug thing, I will be at peace with him.
    exactly my point as well. He was just being asked to do something he can't. Some players are never going to be good enough to adapt their style to be good at what they are being asked to do.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678