Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mavrikthefox View Post
    They're needed more in the postseason than they are for Detroit, I'm all for waiting as long as we're winning. Would be nice to have them back for Chicago though, that game will likely decide the division.
    Any loss at this point is crucial. We are tied with the Bears right now its not like we have a 2 game lead or some ****. It's not like he is the only missing player on the team. I am tired of how cautious the game has become. I miss the good ole days when players manned up and played even at less the 100%
    My 2014 Adopted Packer: Blow Job Raji

vCash
    Man.. If we can get pass this game with a win and no major injuries.. I see us going on a big time run like 2010

vCash
    Any loss at this point is crucial. We are tied with the Bears right now its not like we have a 2 game lead or some ****. It's not like he is the only missing player on the team. I am tired of how cautious the game has become. I miss the good ole days when players manned up and played even at less the 100%
    Yeah the game was better when it was less cautious but I guess my point is how many games have injuries cost us this year? You could make an argument that Benson going down screwed the Indy game but the Giants and SF losses were just an *** whipping. And they won the Seattle game really, ugly as it was. If they can get these guys healthy so they don't go down again right away (see jordy Nelson) I think it's the right move.
    Last edited by mavrikthefox; 12-06-2012 at 06:39 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mavrikthefox View Post
    Yeah the game was better when it was less cautious but I guess my point is how many games have injuries cost us this year? You could make an argument that Benson going down screwed the Indy game but the Giants and SF losses were just an *** whipping. And they won the Seattle game really, ugly as it was. If they can get these guys healthy do they don't go down again right away (see jordy Nelson) I think it's the right move.
    Well if you end up being to cautious and just keep waiting on these players then the next thing you know you are on the outside looking in. Would i love to have them healthy for the playoffs? Of course but we gotta make it there first and if our key players keep sitting out who's to say we will make it? It also seems like we have players that feel like they are ready to play but our medical staff holds them out another two weeks. In the beginning of the season its understandable but in the last quarter of the season they need to play.

vCash

Well if you end up being to cautious and just keep waiting on these players then the next thing you know you are on the outside looking in. Would i love to have them healthy for the playoffs? Of course but we gotta make it there first and if our key players keep sitting out who's to say we will make it? It also seems like we have players that feel like they are ready to play but our medical staff holds them out another two weeks. In the beginning of the season its understandable but in the last quarter of the season they need to play.
    Your point is valid but until we lose a game because we are missing these guys I will disagree. If Stafford has all day and picks apart our D because we're missing Wood and CM3 then I'll be *****ing about it too, but realistically I think we still beat Detroit and are better in the long run.
    Last edited by mavrikthefox; 12-06-2012 at 06:51 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wissportsfan View Post
    I really don't know if it does. If it comes down to whoever can move the ball I might bet on Detroit because they got the better run game. I'm not sure if were anymore used to it than they are.
    I agree with you. I just hope if it does snow we adjust our passing game and we go to the short routes to make up for our inability to run the ball like we used to. It makes no sense to me why we always neglect the running game in the draft when a bunch of our games towards the end of the year have a chance of being played in the snow. I'd love to have a bruiser like Mikel Leshoure in the back field.

Just curious, what are your thoughts on Eddie Lacy, Wiss, or anyone for that matter? I like that type of RB but I don't really know the scheme fits or anything like that so I don't know how he'd work out here. Enlighten me!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese21 View Post

I'd much rather have them back for the Bears than the Lions. Even if we lose to the Lions, if we beat the Bears, we have the edge in the division.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Think View Post
    I'd much rather have them back for the Bears than the Lions. Even if we lose to the Lions, if we beat the Bears, we have the edge in the division.
    Thats a big "IF". I know I dont rely on "IF". At this point in the season every game is crucial.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gbpackers12 View Post
    I agree with you. I just hope if it does snow we adjust our passing game and we go to the short routes to make up for our inability to run the ball like we used to. It makes no sense to me why we always neglect the running game in the draft when a bunch of our games towards the end of the year have a chance of being played in the snow. I'd love to have a bruiser like Mikel Leshoure in the back field.

Just curious, what are your thoughts on Eddie Lacy, Wiss, or anyone for that matter? I like that type of RB but I don't really know the scheme fits or anything like that so I don't know how he'd work out here. Enlighten me!
    You can have him. He doesn't really break any tackles even though you'd think a guy his size would. I think he is still feeling the effects of his achilles injury and not fully recovered yet.....really seems to have lost a lot of explosiveness.

Joique Bell has actually been the Lions bruiser this season....he's been breaking tackles left and right all season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gbpackers12 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wissportsfan View Post
    This is what I got on him. And I do agree a lot depends on his combine.

Hes a good downhill runner that consistently gets a lot of tough yards. He has a unique combination of elusiveness and power. Hes on the slower end without outstanding breakaway speed. His hands are not reliable. Hes a guy you want in there for short yardage situations. Good in-between the tackles. Runs more stretch plays to the outside, probably because lack of speed. Good balance for a guy his size. First year taking the full load. Good one cut back. Top of the 2nd right now.
    The thing with Lacy is he's somewhat limited. He's not the type of guy that is going to come out of the backfield and catch a bunch of screen passes for you. However, he will be able to get a bunch of tough yards for you. I'm afraid that if we get him we'll have the same problem with him as Atlanta is having with Turner right now. They want to have a spread 3 wide offense but Turner doesn't fit that. I just feel that might be the same case with Lacy. I still think the Packers will look for a tough downhill runner but we might be going more toward a guy that can do other things out of the backfield.

vCash
    Thats a big "IF". I know I dont rely on "IF". At this point in the season every game is crucial.
    It seems you are relying on a very big "IF" by using the injured players in the Lions game. I'll give you some more "'IFS". If we bring injured players back too soon, we could lose them for the rest of the season, including any possible playoff games. If the Vikings beat the Bears, unlikely but possible, we will still have the division lead no matter how the Lions game comes out. If we can't beat the Bears, we don't deserve to get into the playoffs but could still be in line for a wild card berth. If we beat the Bears, the last two games could still be important.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Think View Post
    It seems you are relying on a very big "IF" by using the injured players in the Lions game. I'll give you some more "'IFS". If we bring injured players back too soon, we could lose them for the rest of the season, including any possible playoff games. If the Vikings beat the Bears, unlikely but possible, we will still have the division lead no matter how the Lions game comes out. If we can't beat the Bears, we don't deserve to get into the playoffs but could still be in line for a wild card berth. If we beat the Bears, the last two games could still be important.
    The problem is that too many people look ahead to the future and forget about the now. After every game you hear coaches and players talk about focusing on their next opponent and not looking further down the road.

If players are still injured then so be it but it seems like a lot of players feel good but we just hold them out another two weeks or some ****. Its just ridiculous. I just think people get to cautious these days.

vCash
    The problem is that too many people look ahead to the future and forget about the now. After every game you hear coaches and players talk about focusing on their next opponent and not looking further down the road.

If players are still injured then so be it but it seems like a lot of players feel good but we just hold them out another two weeks or some ****. Its just ridiculous. I just think people get to cautious these days.
    Thats whats happening here.. Clay would play if it were playoffs and I understand we wanna be sure, but this is a critical stretch.. I guess if its a game to sit out its this one.. Because even with a loss, we go into Chicago and beat them wed still be in the drivers seat.

vCash
    'supposed to snow all day tomorrow with heavy snow starting at 8:00 in GB. Should be fun to watch!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brewerboy View Post
    'supposed to snow all day tomorrow with heavy snow starting at 8:00 in GB. Should be fun to watch!
    It's only giving 1-3 inches in the day and 1 over night. That's not that bad
    dont have a seizure cwick

Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast