Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 248
  1. #226
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Great Northeast
    Posts
    28,972
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombers88 View Post
    I love how the Yanks dont want to spend money but are willing to offer this bum 12 mil for one year. I know the one year is the only reason why but I would rather see Nunez play 3rd.
    Which would be fine if he could handle making routine plays....

  2. #227
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    South Pole
    Posts
    17,274
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    As if Nunez is a HR hitter....
    He has nothing to back his argument but he continues to make himself look foolish. It's quite hilarious.

  3. #228
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    310
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    Who cares how many home runs Gardner has, he isn't a power hitter. Which is fine.

    If you think he sucks, then Nunez sucks too. Nunez doesn't have better numbers; in fact, most of his numbers are worse then Gardner.

    Again your basing your argument off home runs. And now RBI? Lead off hitters and 9 hole hitters aren't your RBI hitters, they are guys that get on base. Create a base steal threat, which Gardner does better in those two categories as well.

    Having a sports debate is useless because you bring absolutely nothing to the table other then your hate for Brett Gardner which is making you biased.

    Nunez has a whopping 5 home runs in 338 plate appearances
    Gardner hit 7 home runs with 558 plate apperances.

    So Nunez hardly has more power.
    Gardner has no upside, Nunez could have an upside. Gardner has played more than Nunez and is older, you've seen the best of Gardner i guy that can't hit the ball out of the infield... he's not a third outfielder period, the guys is a pinch runner/defensive replacement...

  4. #229
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    205
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Which would be fine if he could handle making routine plays....
    I didnt say I wanted him there but I will take pretty much anyone over youk

  5. #230
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    South Pole
    Posts
    17,274
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by daytoner500 View Post
    Gardner has no upside, Nunez could have an upside. Gardner has played more than Nunez and is older, you've seen the best of Gardner i guy that can't hit the ball out of the infield... he's not a third outfielder period, the guys is a pinch runner/defensive replacement...
    Yeah, he can't hit the ball out of the infield so you say, yet he had 19 doubles and 8 triples and 7 home runs in 2011. I guess those weren't hit out of the infield?

    That was your argument yesterday when comparing Gardner to Ichiro.

    I'm just going to ignore you, you really have no clue. You have nothing to back up any statement you make.

  6. #231
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Great Northeast
    Posts
    28,972
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by daytoner500 View Post
    Gardner has no upside, Nunez could have an upside. Gardner has played more than Nunez and is older, you've seen the best of Gardner i guy that can't hit the ball out of the infield... he's not a third outfielder period, the guys is a pinch runner/defensive replacement...
    No one is arguing potential. But Gardner is the better hitter, regardless of what anecdotal arguments you back it up with. He's also an ELITE defensive player and Nunez is below average. So until Nunez actually figures out how to play baseball at the MLB level, he's not going to start on an MLB team.

  7. #232
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Great Northeast
    Posts
    28,972
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombers88 View Post
    I didnt say I wanted him there but I will take pretty much anyone over youk
    I'd take Adams at this point. I preferred Reynolds. But Nunez couldn't handle fielding his natural position. I'm sure he's not likely to be better at one he's less familiar with.

  8. #233
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    310
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    Yeah, he can't hit the ball out of the infield so you say, yet he had 19 doubles and 8 triples and 7 home runs in 2011. I guess those weren't hit out of the infield?

    That was your argument yesterday when comparing Gardner to Ichiro.

    I'm just going to ignore you, you really have no clue. You have nothing to back up any statement you make.
    K, what has he done besides 2011??? your telling me that this guy is a third outfielder??? I mean i know you have a man crush on him and all.. but give me a break

  9. #234
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    310
    vCash
    1500
    and your also going to tell me that you rather have Gardner up in a clutch situation over Ichiro??

  10. #235
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    South Pole
    Posts
    17,274
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by daytoner500 View Post
    K, what has he done besides 2011??? your telling me that this guy is a third outfielder??? I mean i know you have a man crush on him and all.. but give me a break
    Really?? That's all you can come back with, Gardner has only been a full time major leaguer for 2 years.

    In 2010 he had 20 doubles 7 triples and 5 home runs. Guess those didn't make it out of the infield either?

    Your hate for him is disturbing.

    Your going on my ignore list. Later Hater.

  11. #236
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Great Northeast
    Posts
    28,972
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by daytoner500 View Post
    and your also going to tell me that you rather have Gardner up in a clutch situation over Ichiro??
    Personally, I would. You're looking at the best 2 months Ichiro has had in the last couple of years expecting he's the guy of old. Ichiro isn't that guy anymore. And while he's clearly a much better player than Gardner in his prime, Ichiro is in pretty significant decline now. If you paid any attention to him over the last 2 seasons you'd see he's fading as fast as ARod.

  12. #237
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    310
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    No one is arguing potential. But Gardner is the better hitter, regardless of what anecdotal arguments you back it up with. He's also an ELITE defensive player and Nunez is below average. So until Nunez actually figures out how to play baseball at the MLB level, he's not going to start on an MLB team.
    above average fielder ELITE?? no way sorry, can't give him that.. all I'm saying is that Gardner reached his peak and it's not promising, hey i'd rather not have him, Ichiro start at all, but with our budget now, we have to deal with it..

  13. #238
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    310
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Personally, I would. You're looking at the best 2 months Ichiro has had in the last couple of years expecting he's the guy of old. Ichiro isn't that guy anymore. And while he's clearly a much better player than Gardner in his prime, Ichiro is in pretty significant decline now. If you paid any attention to him over the last 2 seasons you'd see he's fading as fast as ARod.
    yes he is declining, but he's still dangerous.. has Gardner ever been considered dangerous? they intentionally walked Ichiro in the playoffs because he was hot.. would u ever intentionally walk Gardner in any situation like that??? how could you say that u would rather pitch to Ichiro in a big spot than Gardner?? that's an ignorant comment, however it's your opinion... me on the other hand, i'm pitching to Gardner all day long

  14. #239
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    310
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    Really?? That's all you can come back with, Gardner has only been a full time major leaguer for 2 years.

    In 2010 he had 20 doubles 7 triples and 5 home runs. Guess those didn't make it out of the infield either?

    Your hate for him is disturbing.

    Your going on my ignore list. Later Hater.
    Hater?? give me a break, its my opinion, I'm entitled to my opinion, you just can't handle the truth softee

  15. #240
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    South Pole
    Posts
    17,274
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by daytoner500 View Post
    above average fielder ELITE?? no way sorry, can't give him that.. all I'm saying is that Gardner reached his peak and it's not promising, hey i'd rather not have him, Ichiro start at all, but with our budget now, we have to deal with it..
    Wow you really have no clue.

    Defensive WAR :2010 Ranked 1st, 2011 Ranked 8th
    Putout's as LF: 2010 Ranked 5th, 2011 Ranked 2nd
    Fielding % As LF- 2010 Ranked 2nd, 2011 Ranked 5th
    Total Zone Runs as an OF- 2010 Ranked 1st, 2011 Ranked 1st
    Total Zone Runs- 2010 Ranked 1st, 2011 Ranked 1st
    Total Zone Runs as an LF- 2010 Ranked 1st, 2011 Ranked 1st
    Range Factor- 2011- Ranked 2nd

    Ranked TOP 3 in all categories defensively as an outfielder. Over the last two years, except twice.

    Your right though. He isnt ELITE defensively.
    Last edited by RCSownsU; 12-11-2012 at 05:55 PM.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •