Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    Not for nothing but if the piece of dog **** of AROD would have gotten his surgery in September he would be healed February. But since he's waiting till the middle of January he won't be ready till the middle of July. Screwing us yet some more.
    Your totally out of context. I understand the hatred and frustration with A-rod. However, there's a lot more too the story then him waiting until the middle of January for the surgery.

A-rod has his hip checked out during the season when he had the issues with the hip. However they thought that the damage was on the same side(right side that he had surgery on back in 2009). They checked out the hip and didn't see any issues. However it was later realized that it was his left hip that was the issue, not his right hip. He felt pain in his right hip, not his left hip.

The reason the surgery is not happening until January is because it is a complicated surgery that requires him too work on strengthening the hip before surgery. This is coming from the medical profession, the doctors. So they clearly are doing this for a reason.

vCash
    Come on, we all know he's delaying the surgery to have his fun. I've been

vCash
    Around long enough to know that when you have pain on one side it has to do with over compensating the other. I've had 3 knee surgeries including 2 ACL reconstructions and no meniscus left on the other knee and back issues as a result of over compensating. I know a leg is not a hip but when you don't walk,run etc.. With a proper/balanced "gate" that when you get added injury to the opposite side. It kills me that this guy waits so long to get a second opinion on what he was feeling and the waiting to have surgery, PT to strengthen the body part does not necessarily work and is a matter of opinion of the ortho. He's seeing and that's the opinion of my ortho. Who's been doing legs for 17 years--- Yeah he's a big Yankees fan too and isn't happy with this delayed surgery thing either.

vCash
    Come on, we all know he's delaying the surgery to have his fun. I've been
    So, what you're saying is that the most image conscious player in the MLB is purposely trying to sabotage his team and his own physical health (by delaying the surgery) to have his fun?
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Around long enough to know that when you have pain on one side it has to do with over compensating the other. I've had 3 knee surgeries including 2 ACL reconstructions and no meniscus left on the other knee and back issues as a result of over compensating. I know a leg is not a hip but when you don't walk,run etc.. With a proper/balanced "gate" that when you get added injury to the opposite side. It kills me that this guy waits so long to get a second opinion on what he was feeling and the waiting to have surgery, PT to strengthen the body part does not necessarily work and is a matter of opinion of the ortho. He's seeing and that's the opinion of my ortho. Who's been doing legs for 17 years--- Yeah he's a big Yankees fan too and isn't happy with this delayed surgery thing either.
    Are you old?
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    so i guess MO delayed his surgery also to have fun

vCash
    I think we all delay our surgeries to have fun.

vCash
    My first ACL reconstruction I had no pre-op PT and they took some of my hamstring to replace my ACL 8-10 month recovery time. For my second ACL I used a different ortho. He gave my pre-op PT and I used a cadaver tendon to replace my ACL 6-8 month revory time. The ortho told me its a matter of opinion on the pre-op PT, just like some take the tendon from the hamstring, some from the patella but either of them would be weakening the leg more because not only are you gonna have to strengthen the ACL you are going to weaken the area you took the replacement tendon from, hence it's better to use a cadaver tendon,but once again it's the preference of the ortho who'll try to steer you in the direction he wants. In other words whether you take pre-op PT or not there's no definite proof it will work or shorten your post rehab. Now like i said i know an ACL is not a Hip But it still leaves us going back to when the season was over way back in the middle of Oct. and TMZ has pics of him with his girlfriend Torrie Wilson house shopping in Cali.---yeah he's image conscious--but that has nothing to do with baseball, it has to do with looking good for the ladies and trying to out do Jeter.

vCash
    Yeah I'm biased, guy is making millions of dollars, causing a log jam in our cap and doesn't give 2 ***s as hes trying to pick up girls during a playoff game while already having 1.is that what you call concentrating on baseball and trying to win.

vCash
    Yeah, we are all here in the forum brain storming and hoping for deals to help our to get better or at least competitive. And yeah Granderson will have to be dealt, not cause we want him to but because ARod's injury dictates that someone has to go, meanwhile Granderson is a nice guy who volunteers his time, and is a productive player AND also makes less than AROD. Same goes for Swisher both high character guys! But we're keeping the pretty boy just to get the media circus and the money we'll make when people start following him and the Yanks around when he gets his 3,000 hits, when hits his 700th HR, when he passes Babe,Aaron, and Finally Bonds. That's why he got his contract and that's why he'll still be here OH! and so he can go into the Hall of Fame as a Yankee. In the mean time we have to swallow his antics,arrogance and look the other way every time he says something stupid or does something stupid.

vCash
    Arod does more for charity than people think.

Give the guy a break. Jeez.

Every one of us would trade places with him right now.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Bummer. The Core Be No More.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    Your totally out of context. I understand the hatred and frustration with A-rod. However, there's a lot more too the story then him waiting until the middle of January for the surgery.

A-rod has his hip checked out during the season when he had the issues with the hip. However they thought that the damage was on the same side(right side that he had surgery on back in 2009). They checked out the hip and didn't see any issues. However it was later realized that it was his left hip that was the issue, not his right hip. He felt pain in his right hip, not his left hip.

The reason the surgery is not happening until January is because it is a complicated surgery that requires him too work on strengthening the hip before surgery. This is coming from the medical profession, the doctors. So they clearly are doing this for a reason.
    This guy is literally falling apart before our eyes, as I had predicted the moment he hurt his hip the first time. Now he needs another hip replacement. Arod's career is essentially over. It's a good thing we have him for 6 more years. That's 30 million a season to part time DH and pinch hit.
    "I'm an administrator. I'm a good listener. I would not pass myself off as an evaluator of talent"

- Brian Cashman, GM of the Yankees

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    This guy is literally falling apart before our eyes, as I had predicted the moment he hurt his hip the first time. Now he needs another hip replacement. Arod's career is essentially over. It's a good thing we have him for 6 more years. That's 30 million a season to part time DH and pinch hit.
    Well, I'm not sure it is fair to say his career is over. Do you have experience with hip injuries? Maybe you can shed some light on us on how you recovered from them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    5 more years! Not 6!
    Nick

vCash
    Yeah I'm biased, guy is making millions of dollars, causing a log jam in our cap and doesn't give 2 ***s as hes trying to pick up girls during a playoff game while already having 1.is that what you call concentrating on baseball and trying to win.
    its not his fault for the log jam and his contract, also that trying to pick up chicks during a game is such a stupid argument, this is their job, during our jobs we take some minutes for personal time all the time and a minute later refocus on our work.

I am so tired of the amount of stupidity people come up with, How is arod going to influence the current batter while not picking on chicks while being on the bench? is his picking up grls distracting the rest of the anemic offense to hit? NO

I go to work, i do my work, on my way to the bathroom i kid around with who i pass by, i get back to my post and i continue working, what i did inbetween point a and point B doesnt influence my work.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast