Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Joe Bick, the agent for Kevin Youkilis, told Wallace Matthews of ESPNNewYork.com that the free agent infielder is “seriously considering” a “very legitimate” contract offer from the Yankees. In need infield depth following Alex Rodriguez’s hip injury, the Yankees are pursuing Youkilis, the longtime Red Sox star.

The Yankees made Youkilis a one-year, $12MM offer MLB.com's Bryan Hoch reported last week. The Indians have also been linked to Youkilis, though he’s less of a fit now that Cleveland has agreed to sign Mark Reynolds. The free-spending Dodgers could be another suitor for Youkilis should they seek a more established option than Luis Cruz at third base.

Youkilis ranked 27th on MLBTR's list of top 50 free agents this offseason. In 509 plate appearances for the Red Sox and White Sox this past season the 33-year-old posted a .235/.336/.409 batting line with 19 home runs.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#wOdiEfPIHp1rH1ij.99
    Youkadoosh...

vCash
    Can Varitek still catch?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JobaRules26 View Post
    Would you really want another Granderson in the lineup? Only with Reynolds it would be less HR's, lower avg and about the same K's. Youk brings a little versatility to the line up and defense. Reynolds is a defensive liability, at best. Sure Reynolds is the cheaper of the two but if its a 1 year deal and the Yanks dont have to be under 189m this year then so be it.
    Isn't Youk a defensive liability at this point? And I'd imagine there isn't much of an offensive gap at this point. It might even favor Reynolds. We're not comparing a 2005 Youk to Reynolds, this is the declining version.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Isn't Youk a defensive liability at this point? And I'd imagine there isn't much of an offensive gap at this point. It might even favor Reynolds. We're not comparing a 2005 Youk to Reynolds, this is the declining version.
    Having just compared Reynolds and Youk's defensive stats, I'd have to say Youk is better, even now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    Youkadoosh...
    That article is the kiss of death.

Wont see him no more.

6. 12-10-2012, 03:38 PM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Decimotox View Post
    Having just compared Reynolds and Youk's defensive stats, I'd have to say Youk is better, even now.
    Reynolds:
    BA: .221
    Ks: 159
    HRs: 23
    OBP: .335
    OPS: .763
    wOBA: .335

Youk:
    BA: .235
    Ks: 108
    HRs: 19
    OBP: .336
    OPS: .745
    wOBA: .328

So offensively they're pretty similar. Defensively, I don't consider either good, but would concede Youk being better. Add in the contract #s and the fact that Youk hasn't played a full season since 2008.... I prefer Reynolds at his contract value.

vCash
    ^ Everhing else aside, I still wouldn't wanna add another Granderson type player in Reynolds. .221 with 159 k's? The 23 homers are nice, but we need hitters. As we saw, that's pretty much what killed us in the ALCS.

vCash
    I'd honestly prefer Youk, even though I don't even want either of them. Thankfully Reynolds is now off the market.

vCash
    ^ Everhing else aside, I still wouldn't wanna add another Granderson type player in Reynolds. .221 with 159 k's? The 23 homers are nice, but we need hitters. As we saw, that's pretty much what killed us in the ALCS.
    THIS......professional ABs with lots-o-pitches and under-valued production

Anyone know of a .210 hitter that had a ton of big hits last year including ALDS that now catches for PIT??

Those dudes win you games......not OVER-rated unproductive stat compilers (see: Swisher)

vCash
    Puppy.

F Youkadoosh.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andobuger View Post
    THIS......professional ABs with lots-o-pitches and under-valued production

Anyone know of a .210 hitter that had a ton of big hits last year including ALDS that now catches for PIT??

Those dudes win you games......not OVER-rated unproductive stat compilers (see: Swisher)

Granderson, Swisher, Youk, and Reynolds all rank in the top 10 in baseball. Patience can lead to a lot of walks, but also a lot of Ks. Let's be fair, Youks K total would be up with nearly identical to Swisher's if he played as many games as Swisher.

Also, Martin had a total of 3 hits and 1 RBI in the ALDS. I'm not sure if that counts as a ton of big hits.
    Last edited by Rylinkus; 12-10-2012 at 06:32 PM.

vCash
    Youkadoosh uncle says he's coming in that article. Lets see what hat he's wearing at the Pats game tonight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Also, Martin had a total of 3 hits and 1 RBI in the ALDS. I'm not sure if that counts as a ton of big hits.
    It is when you look back on the horrid offensive production the team had in the playoffs.

Official Dolphins Draft Guru '11 & NFL Draft Guru '12

Enjoy hilarious podcasts about popculture, wrestling, and videogames? Check out the lasertime network at lasertimepodcast.com

vCash
    For those of you who value post-season stats, Youk is a .306 post-season performer.

Honestly though, he seems like an expensive version of Chavez.

My prediction: He'll play better than he did last year, he'll end up on the DL at some point, and when that happens, Nunez will end up getting his ABs.

vCash
    It's going to feel weird seeing this guy in pinstripes..

!Tank the season for Bridgewater!

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast