Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I for one love this move. I would love to see Youkliss in Pinstripes. Look for the last two years Youlkliss has been banged up and clearly not the same player. Has Age caught up? I think you can make that argument. But the Yankees put a very nice offer in front of him, which frankly I think will get him here. Let me address why I like this move:

1. Some risk, major reward. How many times do you see a player slump then come back and catch fire. Good players are good for a reason. Has Youkliss lost bat speed or injury. Look both are a concern, but if he is healthy he could certainly be a solid offensive player. When Youkliss is right he works pitchers, gets on base. Where I see Youkliss is a replacement for Swisher type offense but with less strikeouts. In 2012, he had a horrible year, which preceded 2011 which was a stark drop for him. Yet for Chicago he had a .771 OPS, the year before .833. What you have to like is there was some improvement in 2011.

2. Defensively Youk is on par with A-rod, not as good as Chavez. But again this is a one year deal.

3. When A-rod comes back Youk/A-rod will split time at third. Keeping both players fresh.

4. Youk will be playing for a new contract. If he takes the Indian deal which was roughly 2/16, he is conceding that as a free agent he is worth 1 year 4 million. Look if he hits .216 with 10 HR's he will wish he took the Indian deal. On the other hand if he takes the Yankee deal and hits .285 25HR 90RBIs, he could expect a 2 year 20-24 million deal in his future. Youklis is not going to get an impressive multi-year deal from anyone with his numbers. The Yankees going to 12 million fix a problem, and don't have to worry about 189 million as far as he is concerned.

5. I would be very happy with Youkliss, and Ichiro (who I have no idea why the Yankees aren't moving towards). Bring that together and you have the following lineup (you could toggle Gardner and Ichiro depending on performance and the pitcher.

Jeter-Ichiro-Cano-Tex-[DH]/Arod-Granderson-Youk-[Catcher]-Gardner.
    We also have Nunez who is in the mix, who if he could figure out how to play third or the OF could solve some problems. Ironically I bet we see a lot of Nunez especially with A-rod out.

To be honest this is an old line-up. But what else can we do? We could have made a move for Chavez, but he makes Youkliss look healthy. I guess we could go after Reynolds, but I prefer Youkliss because I believe a strikeout machine is the last thing we need in the line-up.

Look does my line-up look old. Yes, but we have an old team, with no real young options in the OF or IF. Nunez would be great if he could play third, and frankly I think the Yankees should have sent him to winter ball to learn that position. I think they should play him a lot at third during Spring Training. He is the one cheap (internal) option we have who can hit. But I realize this might be tough and may never work, but lets try.

The truth is the Yankees are a team in decline. The only chance this team can rebound is if we can build around Banuelos, Betences, and Pineida. And lets face it at this juncture if we could bank one to be an ace we would take it. Yankees want to get under 189 million so they can go on a spending spree at a later date. We are going to have to deal with Paying Arod 20 million more than he is worth per year for the next 5 years, and that might be generous.

Winning divisions are going to be tougher and tougher. Yankees are an old team, and the rebuilding is going to be tough. Look when you are in the playoffs all but one year since 1995, its tough to build a young team.

vCash
    If Youk takes yanks offer and hits .210 he still gets a one year 2-4 m deal in 2014 at least. It's a no lose deal for him unless he gets hurt. And in this economy is rather have 13 mm over the course of one year than 18 over 2.

And if he is good Sox Nation will have a collective stroke. If he sucks, we get to laugh at him all year.

vCash
    Ain't takin it...
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

vCash
    By the way, f this guy for not answering yet. Tell him to fk off.

Pull the offer.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

vCash
    Isn't Youk jewish? Hannakuh starts today so I wouldnt expect an answer for the next 8 days.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JobaRules26 View Post
    Isn't Youk jewish? Hannakuh starts today so I wouldnt expect an answer for the next 8 days.
    Yep.. Jews don't do business on first two and last two days of Passover.

!Tank the season for Bridgewater!

vCash
    Yankees definitely should have made an offer for Young, the Rangers got garbage for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post

The division is going to be ran by the Sixers and Raptors in three years. Book it.

vCash
    Yankees should Pass on Youk - Nunez at third.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnickaBocka.44 View Post
    Yankees definitely should have made an offer for Young, the Rangers got garbage for him.
    My thought too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPORT FAN View Post
    The more time pass the more I am wondering if he is going to except the deal with the yanks.
    He is not going to accept...He will have more comfort and security in Cleveland with their 2 year year deal. Tito and anther guaranteed year...If he wanted the Yanks the deal would have accepted by now.
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobshirleyrules View Post
    I for one love this move. I would love to see Youkliss in Pinstripes. Look for the last two years Youlkliss has been banged up and clearly not the same player. Has Age caught up? I think you can make that argument. But the Yankees put a very nice offer in front of him, which frankly I think will get him here. Let me address why I like this move:

1. Some risk, major reward. How many times do you see a player slump then come back and catch fire. Good players are good for a reason. Has Youkliss lost bat speed or injury. Look both are a concern, but if he is healthy he could certainly be a solid offensive player. When Youkliss is right he works pitchers, gets on base. Where I see Youkliss is a replacement for Swisher type offense but with less strikeouts. In 2012, he had a horrible year, which preceded 2011 which was a stark drop for him. Yet for Chicago he had a .771 OPS, the year before .833. What you have to like is there was some improvement in 2011.

2. Defensively Youk is on par with A-rod, not as good as Chavez. But again this is a one year deal.

3. When A-rod comes back Youk/A-rod will split time at third. Keeping both players fresh.

4. Youk will be playing for a new contract. If he takes the Indian deal which was roughly 2/16, he is conceding that as a free agent he is worth 1 year 4 million. Look if he hits .216 with 10 HR's he will wish he took the Indian deal. On the other hand if he takes the Yankee deal and hits .285 25HR 90RBIs, he could expect a 2 year 20-24 million deal in his future. Youklis is not going to get an impressive multi-year deal from anyone with his numbers. The Yankees going to 12 million fix a problem, and don't have to worry about 189 million as far as he is concerned.

5. I would be very happy with Youkliss, and Ichiro (who I have no idea why the Yankees aren't moving towards). Bring that together and you have the following lineup (you could toggle Gardner and Ichiro depending on performance and the pitcher.

Jeter-Ichiro-Cano-Tex-[DH]/Arod-Granderson-Youk-[Catcher]-Gardner.
    We also have Nunez who is in the mix, who if he could figure out how to play third or the OF could solve some problems. Ironically I bet we see a lot of Nunez especially with A-rod out.

To be honest this is an old line-up. But what else can we do? We could have made a move for Chavez, but he makes Youkliss look healthy. I guess we could go after Reynolds, but I prefer Youkliss because I believe a strikeout machine is the last thing we need in the line-up.

Look does my line-up look old. Yes, but we have an old team, with no real young options in the OF or IF. Nunez would be great if he could play third, and frankly I think the Yankees should have sent him to winter ball to learn that position. I think they should play him a lot at third during Spring Training. He is the one cheap (internal) option we have who can hit. But I realize this might be tough and may never work, but lets try.

The truth is the Yankees are a team in decline. The only chance this team can rebound is if we can build around Banuelos, Betences, and Pineida. And lets face it at this juncture if we could bank one to be an ace we would take it. Yankees want to get under 189 million so they can go on a spending spree at a later date. We are going to have to deal with Paying Arod 20 million more than he is worth per year for the next 5 years, and that might be generous.

Winning divisions are going to be tougher and tougher. Yankees are an old team, and the rebuilding is going to be tough. Look when you are in the playoffs all but one year since 1995, its tough to build a young team.
    Until the pitching craps out the declining lineup will be enough to win 90+.
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYBALL View Post
    Nunez is a terrible defensive shortstop, he has no business at third.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYBALL View Post
    No. Nunez sucks at 3rd.

vCash
    Not for nothing but if the piece of dog **** of AROD would have gotten his surgery in September he would be healed February. But since he's waiting till the middle of January he won't be ready till the middle of July. Screwing us yet some more.

vCash
    Nunez blew his shot already. Good bat no defense.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast