Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yank-Knick-Up View Post
    Keppinger doesn't even have the track record Youk has. Ppl make Keppinger out to be Chase Headley
    The latest track record is Youkilis has played bad, Keppinger better. Heck, Barry Bonds has a better track record than both but he isn't being signed for DH.

Official Dolphins Draft Guru '11 & NFL Draft Guru '12

Enjoy hilarious podcasts about popculture, wrestling, and videogames? Check out the lasertime network at lasertimepodcast.com

vCash
    i dont want AJ, this is a rebuilding year, id sign a couple of back ups just incase of injury and just give romine the starters job just to see what hes got

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    i dont want AJ, this is a rebuilding year, id sign a couple of back ups just incase of injury and just give romine the starters job just to see what hes got
    Offer Youk 12-mill is not a rebuilding year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekJeterDan View Post
    The Red Sox did this a few years ago with Adrian Beltre and it worked like a charm.
    One-Year deal to a third baseman who could rebuild his value for Free Agency, next season.
    Since this is only a one year deal, you can't go wrong with Youkilis.
    Yankees vs Red Sox will have yet another reason to be even more intense.
    There is no rebuilding of value, Youk is almost toast. I cringe at the idea of Jeter and Youk manning the left side all year.

vCash
    i dont get the negativity, we are in a transition year, youk would be a nice add to this team for this year. I think people dont seem to grasp reality when the off season came, they all thought justin uptons and josh hamiltons when the yankees have been very clear

189$ is the goal in place, they have to reach it and this is the way they can do it
    I hate the thought of Youk in pinstripes, I truly do; but if this is the road we must take to fill 3rd, i'm gonna just accept it and move on. Maybe Kevin Long can teach him a different batting stance.....

It starts...02/25/09

vCash
    a yankee rebuild isnt the same as every other team, our rebuilding process is to reach under 189, other teams blow the team completely apart

vCash
    Exactly.

Don't spend all the money on Kuroda, Pettite, Mo, Youk just to fill holes and put out a 2nd rate team...one way or the other, make a decision to win or rebuild.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by djall10 View Post
    Exactly.

Don't spend all the money on Kuroda, Pettite, Mo, Youk just to fill holes and put out a 2nd rate team...one way or the other, make a decision to win or rebuild.
    the yankees dont need to save money, they need to lower payroll, one thing doesnt have to do with the other

vCash
    the yankees dont need to save money, they need to lower payroll, one thing doesnt have to do with the other
    Good point.

vCash
    Maybe, if he were an option.
    Hey Mr. Smarty Pants, when I said that he WAS an option. Check your dates.

vCash
    Exactly.

these posts make no sense to me.

so because we are in a rebuild year we should just let everyone go and not even try to win or put a good product out?

Do we have young stud pitchers in the minors that will now be blocked by Mo, Pettitte and Kuroda?

Posts like these just sound like spoiled fans who say "well if i cant have the best toy then i dont want anything"!

vCash
    Admittedly the way our line-up seems to be shaping up it's looking pretty sad. I think the season is going to be a rude awakening for us and I'm worried about knee-jerk panic trades at the all-star break where we give up everything we have (whatever that might be) for players who aren't nearly worth it and end up under contract with us.

I just don't understand why we refuse to throw a minor leaguer or two into the line-up this season. So many other teams (the Red Sox in our own division, no less) have seen profound success from farm projects. I know this isn't anything new, but just like many are saying here, watching an old, overpaid former star suck on the field is no more satisfying than watching a young player fight to keep a spot.

vCash

Rebuild??? my ARSE

Snappa Heads...Stop with the rebuilding non-sense...That's right...it's nonsense. These are the Yankees and they NEVER rebuild. There's no such thing as rebuilding when half your rooster is considered veterans or when you have a bunch of (thus far) over-rated guys in the minors.

Yanks are trying to win NOW and anyone that thinks we're sacrificing wins to rebuild, you're not paying attention to what or who the Yankees are.

vCash
    Wow, 12 million for a .230 hitter. He'll fit right in.
    "I'm an administrator. I'm a good listener. I would not pass myself off as an evaluator of talent"

- Brian Cashman, GM of the Yankees

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Wow, 12 million for a .230 hitter. He'll fit right in.
    I doubt he is going to accept. I'm sure the idea of playing for Francona again will trump the Yankee offer.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast