Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Yankees, Youkilis Having Discussions

The Yankees have spoken with Kevin Youkilis' agent, reports Jack Curry of the YES Network (Twitter link). According to Curry, Youkilis would consider a one-year deal if the salary was at a "premium amount." - mlbtraderumors
    The Yankees need for a third baseman is well documented.
    Youkilis' willingness to take a one year deal seems almost too good to be true.
    I would definitely sign him in Arod's absence. The Yankees need corner infield help

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by derekjeterdan View Post
    the yankees need for a third baseman is well documented.
    Youkilis' willingness to take a one year deal seems almost too good to be true.
    I would definitely sign him in arod's absence. The yankees need corner infield help
    nnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It starts...02/25/09

vCash
    I wouldn't mind this. I know a lot of Yankees fans don't exactly like the guy but he is a tough player that knows how to get on base.

| .372 AVG | 0 HR | 2 RBI | 6 SB | .438 OBP | .442 SLG | .394 wOBA |

vCash
    OBP from 2009-2012, respectively.

.413, .411, .373, .336

Production has also seriously leveled off, as well as batting average.

In other words, he better be a 1-year deal at a REASONABLE amount, not a PREMIUM one. Also, I feel like Joba/Arod as well as most Yankee fans hate him.

Bad fit.

No thanks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    I wouldn't mind this. I know a lot of Yankees fans don't exactly like the guy but he is a tough player that knows how to get on base.
    Lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    Lol.
    A career .384 OBP is pretty damn good. His numbers were skewed from his brief time spent in Boston last year where he lost motivation to play for the likes of Bobby V. Once he landed in Chicago, his numbers steadily increased.

vCash
    OBP from 2009-2012, respectively.

.413, .411, .373, .336

Production has also seriously leveled off, as well as batting average.

In other words, he better be a 1-year deal at a REASONABLE amount, not a PREMIUM one. Also, I feel like Joba/Arod as well as most Yankee fans hate him.

Bad fit.

No thanks.
    Terrible idea, hopefully this is nothing but Cash giving the media (and us) something to talk about. Besides my general disdain of Youk, the last thing we need is another declining player (which he IS); And his batting stance is the worst, js.

It starts...02/25/09

vCash
    A career .384 OBP is pretty damn good. His numbers were skewed from his brief time spent in Boston last year where he lost motivation to play for the likes of Bobby V. Once he landed in Chicago, his numbers steadily increased.
    If anything is skewed it is career numbers to judge a player on his CURRENT skill level. He sucked in Boston and was a smudge better in Chicago. Not to mention he wants premium. Pass.

vCash
    If anything is skewed it is career numbers to judge a player on his CURRENT skill level. He sucked in Boston and was a smudge better in Chicago. Not to mention he wants premium. Pass.
    For a one year contract with not too many other viable options out there, I think it is worth considering.

vCash
    Youka coming here for one-year, shows me he wants to be on a winning team.

vCash
    For a one year contract with not too many other viable options out there, I think it is worth considering.
    Exactly. A one year deal I wouldn't mind at all.

vCash
    Sure. Consider it. Keppinger is a far better option.

vCash
    Yankees also can collect insurance on Arod's deal if he is injured for an entire season.

According to Rosenthal's source, the Yanks are insured for more than 70% of A-Rod's salary. Wallace Matthews of ESPNNewYork.com hears that the Yanks could even recoup at least 75% and up to 100% of the money remaining on Rodriguez's deal, but the third baseman would have to be disabled for a full season before the team could begin collecting on the policy.
    Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#p5UTMlDCeJ8FXr2b.99
    There are very little options available on the Third Base / First Base Market and Youkilis is the best player available. He did well in Chicago and would play well in New York. Debate between Youkilis and Keppinger but getting one is a must.

vCash
    Sure. Consider it. Keppinger is a far better option.
    I'm not arguing that. But you need to consider different players and keep options open if he happens to sign elsewhere.

vCash
    Not the biggest fan of Youkilis. His production has decreased as he has aged and I'd rather the team pursue a guy who can actually hit for average.

Official Dolphins Draft Guru '11 & NFL Draft Guru '12

Enjoy hilarious podcasts about popculture, wrestling, and videogames? Check out the lasertime network at lasertimepodcast.com

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast