Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sexicano31 View Post
    Jim Gordan has zero involvement with the JL
    Yea but there isn't really a Nick Fury type of character involved here to be like the overseer, and I know this sounds like odd logic, but I can't see Henry Cavill's Superman one movie in taking the lead. If Bale was Batman I could see him bringing this group together, but I feel like neither a new Batman nor a Superman who seems like he's just sort of figuring out who he is can do it. I feel like it could make SOME sense if JGL is Batman, because I feel like Gordon would be his advisor while figuring out how to do it. It's not perfect, but someone has to do it.
    We're better than you
    And we know it

vCash
    Why does there have to be an overseer? There are leaders, Batman, Supes and the rest of the founding members of the JL but there's not one might leader that controls them

vCash
    Why does there have to be an overseer? There are leaders, Batman, Supes and the rest of the founding members of the JL but there's not one might leader that controls them
    Because it's not that simple. Whether we like it or not it's going to be JGL as Batman, not the real Batman. Bruce Wayne isn't in the picture. And we're only going to be one movie in with Superman, and presumably much of it is going to be about him exploring his place in the world and figuring out who he is. It doesn't seem like the take charge Superman we've seen in the comics or cartoons. If Bale were on board as Bruce Wayne/Batman I wouldn't think we'd need one, or if this were a more aged and experienced Superman, but I'm just not convinced that any of these guys would be able to bring together and manage a team of superheroes. I could be wrong, we'll have to see how Man of Steel works out, and I'm not necessarily saying Gordon should be the leader of the Justice League I'm just saying there should be some sort of overseer or advisor because I have a hard time buying one of these guys doing it as things stand.
    We're better than you
    And we know it

vCash
    Why can't they just make a new Bruce Wayne? Why does it HAVE to be Bale? I really don't get the big deal

vCash
    Why can't they just make a new Bruce Wayne? Why does it HAVE to be Bale? I really don't get the big deal
    I mean it could be, but they've set a target release date of 2015 and I don't think they'd be able to make it work by then, and reports have said that JGL is probably the new Batman anyway. They want to keep the momentum of the Nolan series.
    We're better than you
    And we know it

vCash
    Well that would be silly to use Nolanverse people because in Nolanverse theres no such things as aliens who are powered by the sun and can fly and have super strength

vCash
    Well that would be silly to use Nolanverse people because in Nolanverse theres no such things as aliens who are powered by the sun and can fly and have super strength
    It's not about what makes sense, it's about what they're probably going to do. They supposedly want JGL to be their new Batman, and it makes sense considering that's what the ending of the incredibly successful Nolan series implied. Personally I agree with you that a new Batman would make the most sense, but that's just not what I think they'll do. A new Batman means 2-3 years of developing that movie, and then another 2-3 for the Justice League. Realistically you're looking at a release date of 2017 or 2018 at the earliest for the Justice League. Avengers 2 will be long over by then and all of the Avengers will be on their third, fourth, or in the case of Iron Man maybe even fifth individual films. They don't want to fall that far behind Marvel. I personally would like them to do it right, but they won't, they'll do what makes sense economically.
    We're better than you
    And we know it

vCash
    [QUOTE=rapjuicer06;24592535]I like the choice of John Hamm for Batman...

I really don't know if I could see Neil Patrick Harris as Flash...Bardley Cooper would probably do well in the role, I agree with that one. Love the Aquaman pick. And I also agree with Ryan Reynolds...but I would hope they wouldn't tie the first Green Lantern into the JL...it was not a good movie

What about Wonder Woman?[/QUOTE]
    Gemma Arterton.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    Some of these choices are wowing me.....

New Batman- Ryan Gosling

Flash- Ben Foster

Green Lantern- Chris Pine

Wonder Woman- Everyone loves Olivia Wilde.
    I really like the choice of Foster. Not sure as the Flash though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12