Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Joseph Gordon Levitt Rumored to be the Next Batman

Warner Bros. announcement that there will be a JUSTICE LEAGUE film in 2015 has drawn all kinds of speculation, doubt, and apprehension, as the studio has yet to successfully transition anything but Batman to the big screen with great success for decades. With next year's MAN OF STEEL already seeing hints at "tying" the film into the framework of the JUSTICE LEAGUE film, now we're hearing new talk, courtesy of Drew McWeeny over at Hitfix.

According to McWeeny's sources, not only is the premonition of Gordon-Levitt's John Blake/Robin becoming the new Batman in Nolan's Bat-verse likely, but a definite lock for JUSTICE LEAGUE...and possibly before.

Here's McWeeny's report:

"Over the last couple of weeks, that speculation [that THE DARK KNIGHT will connect to the JUSTICE LEAGUE universe] seems to have turned into conversation, and that conversation seems to be solidifying into a plan.

According to sources, Joseph Gordon-Levitt absolutely will be appearing in "Justice League" as the new Batman.

Now here's where things get interesting. The more insistent the drumbeat has become, the more poking around I've been doing, and it's looking like we may see Gordon-Levitt in the suit earlier than that. They're a long way from filming anything "Justice League" related, but they appear to be solidifying deals for Gordon-Levitt and, potentially, at least one other actor from the Nolan films to do… something."

I have no doubt that Warner Bros. is "hitting the books" in studying the success of Marvel Studios and how they tied their various properties together in Phase One and beyond, so I wouldn't write any of this off. To think that they wouldn't even consider this would show them completely ignorant of creativity. And, for the record, I think Warner Bros. is smarter than that.

Personally, I find this to be the most intriguing rumor from the burgeoning DC Film universe. The talk of Armie Hammer as Batman was fine, but this...this is something else entirely. I think casting Gordon-Levitt as Bats in the continuing DC Film universe would not only be a smart move, but show some balls by taking a solid risk like that. And, it eliminates the need to "re-establish" Batman in another origin story. You really kill two birds with one stone and if Warner Bros. is smart, like I hope they are, they'll turn this rumor into an official announcement.

UPDATE 11/27: According to Hollywood.com, the site checked with Gordon-Levitt's reps who are refuting the rumors entirely. That should come as no surprise and still isn't a definitive "no" to the idea. We'll update accordingly.
    http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/rumo...justice-league

As the article states JGL's reps are refuting the rumor but they are not saying no to it either. If JGL becomes the next batman in the end, will you be happy with the casting choice? It certainly would allow the Dark Knight universe to continue in some respect.

Thoughts?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile High Champ View Post
    http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/rumo...justice-league

As the article states JGL's reps are refuting the rumor but they are not saying no to it either. If JGL becomes the next batman in the end, will you be happy with the casting choice? It certainly would allow the Dark Knight universe to continue in some respect.

Thoughts?
    I'll be okay with it, just as long as they make the next Batman movie before the JL movie...

Also, Nolan has to be on the next Batman movie somehow...

The one thing I wouldn't like with the continuation of the Nolan Batman Universe is that I wonder if Nolan will ever consider bringing in another Joker.. But I'm guessing he's going to pay his respects and either bring in a copycat Joker or no Joker at all..

vCash
    Nice I beat out someone else by 1 minute posting this story.

vCash
    He is awful little to be batman is'nt he?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rg3fanatic1963 View Post
    He could work out more..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rg3fanatic1963 View Post
    Michael keaton made it work

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    i like it, the casting choice is critical & the guy can act.

My AAL 2015 ProBowler: DeAndre Levy #54 132 tackles / 2.5 sacks / 1 safety / 1 amazing int
    click here to join the Lions Forum
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12 & #14
    2014 PSD MOD SURVIVAL GAME WINNER!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

vCash
    Why make a new one so soon...are they just gonna continue like nothing changed as if Bale is still in it. I don't understand..

Red Sox

Celtics
    TOP 3 PICK
    Patriots

vCash
    ^ No Bruce would have just gone away and JGL takes his place. That's what I'm thinking.

vCash
    Ugh. Not liking this.

EBOLA EBOLA EBOLA

vCash
    Do you guys remember the ending to the DKR?

It has him on that riser, and while it rises it pops up the title "Dark Knight Rises"

Coincedence?

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LAKERMANIA View Post
    I'll be okay with it, just as long as they make the next Batman movie before the JL movie...

Also, Nolan has to be on the next Batman movie somehow...

The one thing I wouldn't like with the continuation of the Nolan Batman Universe is that I wonder if Nolan will ever consider bringing in another Joker.. But I'm guessing he's going to pay his respects and either bring in a copycat Joker or no Joker at all..
    The ironic thing is is that I always figured JGL could take Heaths place as Joker. They remind me of each other.

vCash
    I could live with JGL as Batman. Not really familiar with his future plans for movie roles but i remember him saying (some late night interview) that he was on a strict workout regiment and he was trying to build muscle (didn't say if it was for a movie role), then he did that strip thing on snl and he looked like he was hard at work.

Interesting because It's not like he has to get ripped and look like an action star to get work, the guy can really act. Loved him in Lincoln

"Hey Dad. Whatever. Keep cheering." - Mo' Riles

vCash
    Only if the Big Giant Head is the next villain.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    Isn't JGL supposed to be Robin?

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast