Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Leak of Pre-Alpha Walking Dead FPS footage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=PA8_MSWlDj8#!

Looks terrible, but it's not far along in development.

This is footage from the FPS Activision is making based off the game.

Many of the animations look ripped from COD actually which concerns me. I was hoping for a true survival horror shooter type game. Not COD with zombies in some ******** linear shootfest
    Last edited by 1-800-STFU; 12-29-2012 at 07:26 PM.

vCash
    **** that annoying sound they have playing the entire time.

Gameplay looks like garbage.

vCash
    Smells like a quick cash grab... If it runs on the infinity ward engine (it looks like it does) it will be linear and boring like the COD campaigns.

vCash
    God, the possiblities of a WD game are endless, I hope they do it better than that.

vCash
    This cant be the final or real. Looks like the ****** left for dead series

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    Cod fused with Left 4 Dead
    Ewwww

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL#22 View Post
    This cant be the final or real. Looks like the ****** left for dead series
    It's certainly real. Thats footage taken straight out of the IGN sit down with the lead developer on the game.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Oh man that is going to be god awful.

The Telltale game was awesome, but if someone wanted to hit a gold mine they would make a Walking Dead game thats in the style of Mass Effect. Instead of the reapers you're fighting the walkers and trying to survive. So you're getting the choice/dialogue aspect that the Telltale game offers, but then you are also getting alot more action. It would satisfy everyone. Even the paragon/renegade scale would fit perfectly with the setting of Walking Dead. (think Rick's journey throughout the show)

vCash
    It's probably pre-alpha footage so keep that in mind....

vCash
    I haven't played the walking telltale one yet. Is it not a FPS ? I mean why is a different company making a game with the same name?

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL#22 View Post
    I haven't played the walking telltale one yet. Is it not a FPS ? I mean why is a different company making a game with the same name?
    The Telltale game is not a FPS. Its more like a point and click type adventure game thats based heavily on dialogue and choice, it has some action parts kinda like Heavy Rain where you press a certain button, but its a game thats much more about interacting with your fellow survivors than it is about killing zombies (which is how it should be). This game here is going to be completely against what Walking Dead is all about.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Gordon View Post
    The Telltale game is not a FPS. Its more like a point and click type adventure game thats based heavily on dialogue and choice, it has some action parts kinda like Heavy Rain where you press a certain button, but its a game thats much more about interacting with your fellow survivors than it is about killing zombies (which is how it should be). This game here is going to be completely against what Walking Dead is all about.
    A Walking Dead FPS with correct execution could be amazing. Incorporate stamina, thirst, and hunger variables, open world environments, scarce resources, the ability to barricade and create environmental challenges, and maybe a competitive side where players are thrown into an environment and last survivor wins.

I really could see it working with the right ideas and concepts.

Granted....creating all those ideas would take a great amount of time and energy when you produce a generic zombie shooter and probably generate as much if not more sales....

vCash
    I need open world and RPG elements to suck me into a campaign

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-800-STFU View Post
    A Walking Dead FPS with correct execution could be amazing. Incorporate stamina, thirst, and hunger variables, open world environments, scarce resources, the ability to barricade and create environmental challenges, and maybe a competitive side where players are thrown into an environment and last survivor wins.

I really could see it working with the right ideas and concepts.

Granted....creating all those ideas would take a great amount of time and energy when you produce a generic zombie shooter and probably generate as much if not more sales....
    Im not a fan of FPS, so i would be a very tough sell, but i would be very interested if it were made like a Fallout, for example. A game that can be open world and involves shooting, but is not a shooter...if you know what i mean. Like the Mass Effect/Fallout type genre whatever you call that.

Like ATL just said, there needs to be RPG elements.