Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Our Core Guys!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by elements1985 View Post
    The Red Sox have no core IMO. If you're sketchy about how this team's most valued players might perform next season -- or, in some cases, every season --- then that's not a core.

This is the little game we play every year: hope our 'core' pulls through and plays to their potential. But all the inconsistency just affirms many players on this team shouldn't be built around -- that a new foundation is needed.

Core players should be money in the bank.
    Sadly you're right. We've got a lot of talent, and guys that are the heart of our team. But there is no Manny or Ortiz in his prime. Kind of scary.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    Even though I'm big on Myers I agree with the sentiment. Then again I'm sure I've seen a lot more of Myers than those guys.
    That's good. I have nothing to say to people that do the spade work and make a call. I do it all the time. But people that fight tooth and nail over a guy they never saw? Heck you could post opinions to the Herald or Globe if that's all you have. But I hope/wish the folks here have a higher standard of proof and thought.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 12-06-2012 at 09:44 AM.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tragedy View Post
    Sadly you're right. We've got a lot of talent, and guys that are the heart of our team. But there is no Manny or Ortiz in his prime. Kind of scary.
    To be fair, Manny and Ortiz in their prime was a once in a lifetime thing.

edit: Nvmind. Missed the OR.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    That's good. I have nothing to say to people that do the spade work and make a call. I do it all the time. But people that fight tooth and nail over a guy they never saw? Heck you could post opinions to the Herald or Globe if that's all you have. But I hope/wish the folks here have a higher standard of proof and thought.
    Now we see it with Josh Hamilton. People have seen him play in like 5 series and know his big name, but neglect the fact that most rangers fans don't even want him back. They're all over the panic button.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    Now we see it with Josh Hamilton. People have seen him play in like 5 series and know his big name, but neglect the fact that most rangers fans don't even want him back. They're all over the panic button.
    Gahd.... it's true.

I have a kid I work with that says "it's not fair!" like a mantra. He's 16 going on 7. I have to ask him if he's a regular here...

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12