Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yanksrock View Post
    Agreed.
    Who signs 6-year deals? Are these common? I don't think either side wants that with depreciating costs on contracts. Maybe I'm wrong. That just doesn't sound right as usually 4-year deals are the norm. In any case, there are not many starting guards out there and Levitre's cost will be inflated which is why as a GM, I would lean towards the sure thing and try to extend Slauson. He knows the man-blocking schemes which took the OLine 3/4 of the season to effectively run. The continuity alone with DBrick and Nick counts as some value too.

I think in general, most of you have too big of a revolving door which will lead to more cost and less likelihood of quality players being available. The whole league will be targeting a lot of the same guys you list meaning you're not going to get them all. I think more will be kept than what I'm seeing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    Who signs 6-year deals? Are these common? I don't think either side wants that with depreciating costs on contracts. Maybe I'm wrong. That just doesn't sound right as usually 4-year deals are the norm. In any case, there are not many starting guards out there and Levitre's cost will be inflated which is why as a GM, I would lean towards the sure thing and try to extend Slauson. He knows the man-blocking schemes which took the OLine 3/4 of the season to effectively run. The continuity alone with DBrick and Nick counts as some value too.

I think in general, most of you have too big of a revolving door which will lead to more cost and less likelihood of quality players being available. The whole league will be targeting a lot of the same guys you list meaning you're not going to get them all. I think more will be kept than what I'm seeing.
    Just last year we saw some big deals going to offensive guards.

Davin Joseph signed a 7 year deal worth over 50M. Although only 19M were guaranteed and it was considered a 'cap-friendly' deal.

Carl Nicks might be the best example. A free agent offensive guard who is a top 10 at his position and in the middle of his prime. He signed a 5 year, 47.5M deal with over 30M in guaranteed money.

Logan Mankins signed a 6 year deal (extension) worth 51M with 30M in guarantees.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    I think a lot of you guys who posted your mock offseasons are in way over your head. Too many top FA being signed is unrealistic.

Desean "Jet" Jackson

vCash
    We need WR's badly reliable ones at that, We need to sign atleast 3 FA WR's you also have to consider Holmes may not be the same and might not even be ready to go by week 1, He is having surgery again and is said to be out possibly until the begining of Training camp or even longer. I also notcie alot of people want to let Greene walk, Why?? he is still a good number 2 and we have no one to replace him,And i saw a post to resign Bryan Thomas really????? the guy is slow as **** and isn't getting and younger or faster

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNation24 View Post
    I think a lot of you guys who posted your mock offseasons are in way over your head. Too many top FA being signed is unrealistic.
    Not nessecarly , Assuming we either cut or trade Bart Scott,Tebow,Calvin Pace,Jason Smith and who ever else it should free up a nice amount of money after we resign the 3 or 4 of our own free agents,And whoever the GM is can restructure some contracts

vCash
    Seriously. Some people see $30 mil in cap savings and think 3 big names instead of 15-20 positions to fill. The fact is we're not going to immediately solve every loose end we have.

By the way, this was a good idea. Kudos. I'll post mine later.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bucktownanalyst View Post
    Seriously. Some people see $30 mil in cap savings and think 3 big names instead of 15-20 positions to fill. The fact is we're not going to immediately solve every loose end we have.

By the way, this was a good idea. Kudos. I'll post mine later.
    I know I am biased, but I actually like the team I put together in my mock. And for a lot of the guys I went after, I don't think the Jets would spend a whole lot of money on them quite honestly. Let's be honest, next year we all know the following guys are most likely to be back:

I really don't see a ton of big names like JetsNation is talking about. Levitre makes sense because he is young and a LG, which will be a need. And I wouldn't call guys like Henderson, Fasano, Dallas Clark, Jim Leonhard, Jason Campbell, Robert Turner, and guys that were mentioned in a couple (mine included) to be "Big names" Outside of Bowe and Levitre that is about as big of name as you are going to get. 30 million could easily sign 6-8 guys if you do things right.
    PSD's Sheldon Richardson!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    I know I am biased, but I actually like the team I put together in my mock. And for a lot of the guys I went after, I don't think the Jets would spend a whole lot of money on them quite honestly. Let's be honest, next year we all know the following guys are most likely to be back:

I really don't see a ton of big names like JetsNation is talking about. Levitre makes sense because he is young and a LG, which will be a need. And I wouldn't call guys like Henderson, Fasano, Dallas Clark, Jim Leonhard, Jason Campbell, Robert Turner, and guys that were mentioned in a couple (mine included) to be "Big names" Outside of Bowe and Levitre that is about as big of name as you are going to get. 30 million could easily sign 6-8 guys if you do things right.
    I wasn't alluding to yours. I think yours is one of the more realistic ones to tell the truth. But like you said, $30 million could net you 6-8 good players, but there's more open positions than that. I'm not saying we couldn't sign that one big fish, and put the pieces around it, but it has to be the right big fish.

The biggest problem I've seen is that people think we can realistically fill every need with players up to their standards and upgrade the ones we don't need so much. It's just not possible.

vCash
    When you look at mine do you think I have enough money to sign a LG like Levitre or a WR like Jennings/Bowe?

Desean "Jet" Jackson

vCash
    Destroy and Rebuild mock off-season.

2013 NFL Mock for the NY Jets

The Jets finish the season 6-10 and are awarded the 8th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft.

Mike Tannenbaum, Rex Ryan, Tony Sparano and Mike Pettine are all fired after the disastrous 2012 season.

Marc Ross is hired as the new Executive VP and General Manager of the NY Jets. Ross is currently the director of college scouting for the NY Jets and one of the main reasons why they’ve had tremendous success in the NFL draft over the past few seasons.

Dirk Koetter is hired as the new head coach of the NY Jets. He’s currently the offensive coordinator of the Atlanta Falcons. Koetter has a lot of offensive coaching experience and a lot of experience developing QB’s. He’s a hot name in the coaching ranks at the moment.

Norv Turner is hired as the new offensive coordinator of the NY Jets. He’s currently the head coach of the San Diego Chargers but there is no way he will be back next year after another disappointing season. Turner, while being a crappy head coach, is an extremely good offensive coach. He should help kick start a bad offensive team.

Hal Hunter is hired as the new offensive line coach. He is currently the OL coach (and offensive coordinator) for the San Diego Chargers. He was their OL coach for 6 years before being named OC in 2012.

Charlie Joiner is hired as the new wide receivers coach. He’s currently the Chargers WR coach (since 2008) and has helped with the development of guys like Malcolm Floyd and Vincent Jackson. Sanjay Lal hasn’t been bad considering the talent (or lack thereof) he’s had to work with but Joiner is one of the better positional coaches in the league.

Gary Brown is hired as the new running backs coach. He is currently the RB coach of the Cleveland Browns. The Browns will most likely have a coaching overhaul next season and Brown might be unfairly fired. He helped Peyton Hillis have a huge breakout year a couple seasons ago and has been helping current rookie Trent Richardson develop.

Paul Hackett is hired as the new quarterbacks coach. He is currently unemployed but has extensive coaching experience in the NFL. He was the Jets OC once upon a time for a couple of seasons in the early-2000’s. He wasn’t exceptional but did put an emphasis on ball management and limiting TO’s. Matt Cavanaugh has to go. He’s been dreadful.

Romeo Crennel is hired as the new defense coordinator of the NY Jets. He’s currently the head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs. Crennel is another guy who is a great coordinator but a horrible head coach. Crennel is regarded as one of the better defensive minds of our generation. His work with defenses is well known.

Gary Gibbs is hired as the new LB’s coach. He’s currently the DC and LB coach for the Chiefs. He’s a veteran of the coaching ranks. He’s a respected name in the coaching community and a welcoming addition to the coaching staff.

Adam Zimmer is hired as the new assistant LB’s coach. He’s currently the assistant LB coach for the Chiefs and has helped with the development of Tamba Hali and Justin Houston.

Kevin O’Dea is hired as the new Special Teams coordinator. He is currently the assistant ST coordinator for the Bears. He served as the ST coordinator for us from 08-09 when Westhoff was sidelined. He has tons of coaching experience and there is some familiarity.

Karl Dunbar and Dennis Thurman are retained in their respective positions. Every other coaching position that I haven’t specifically mentioned are replaced.

Salary Cap: 125M (projected)
    Current Salary: 142M
    Cap Space: (-)17M

Releases:

Greg McElroy
    Jason Smith
    Calvin Pace
    Bart Scott
    Eric Smith
    Sione Pouha

Save: 36M
    Cap Space: 19M

Trades:

- Jets trade LB David Harris to the Indianapolis Colts for a 2013 4th round pick and 2014 conditional 5th round pick.
    - Jets trade WR Santonio Holmes to the Minnesota Vikings for 2014 a conditional 5th round pick.
    - Jets trade RB Joe McKnight and 2013 6th round pick to the Green Bay Packers for a 2013 4th round pick.
    - Jets trade QB Tim Tebow to the Jacksonville Jaguars for a 2013 6th round pick.
    - Jets trade CB Darrelle Revis to the New Orleans Saints for 2013 1st, 2nd round picks and 2014 1st, 4th round picks.
    - Jets trade 2013 4th round pick and a conditional 2014 4th round pick to Washington Redskins for QB Kirk Cousins.
    - Jets franchise and trade TE Dustin Keller to the St. Louis Rams for a 2013 3rd round pick and a conditional 2014 5th round pick.
    Save: 15M
    Cap Space: 34M

*Jets can carry over the 4M in cap that they currently have*

Cap Space: 38M

Resignings

Austin Howard (RFA): Tendered a 1 year contract
    Tanner Purdum (RFA): Tendered a 1 year contract
    Yeremiah Bell: 1 year – Veterans minimum
    Nick Folk: 2 year – 3M

Cap Space: 35M

Free Agency

LB Jonathan Vilma: 2 years – 7M: Saints have Curtis Lofton who is younger and cheaper (for 2013) and Vilma is a strong waive candidate. We are moving to the 4-3 and we need an experienced signal caller in the middle. Vilma will get a raise from his 2012 salary.

DE William Hayes: 1 year – Veterans minimum: You need depth on the DL in the 4-3. Hayes has been a strong situational pass-rusher the past few years even if his sack numbers don’t illustrate that.

NT Shaun Rogers: 1 year – Veterans minimum: Coming of a foot injury and you don’t know how he will play in 2013 (if he even wants to play). He can still be a strong run defender (like he was in 2011) and be a mentor to Kenrick Ellis who still doesn’t know how to use his frame and play with leverage.

RB Brian Leonard: 1 year – 1M: A good 3rd down back. He is smart in pass protection/picking up blitzes and a receiving threat out of the backfield.

TE Dallas Clark: 1 year – 2M: Even at his age, he knows how to get open. He can replace Keller as a receiver adequately at the fraction of the cost.

LB Erin Henderson: 3 year – 10M: Underrated player. He’s one of the better weak-side 4-3 OLB’s in the NFL. These players generally aren’t valued all that highly.

FS Kenny Phillips: 6 year deal – 30M – 11M guaranteed: Our ‘big’ free agent prize. Phillips has hurt his FA value with an injury filled 2012. He was unbelievable in 2011; one of the best coverage safeties in the NFL.

WR Julian Edelman: 3 year deal – 13M – 4M guaranteed: He broke out a bit this year and showed that he’s more than just a slot WR. He is also strong in the return game.

CB Brice McCain: 2 year deal – 7M – 3M guaranteed: One of the best slot CB’s in the NFL. He would be a great pick-up for a revamped secondary.

QB David Garrard: 1 year – Veterans minimum: A veteran backup for our young QB’s. He’s a smart guy who played for Koetter in Jacksonville.

OL Jake Scott: 1 year – 1M: Had a mediocre 2012 but was a top 10 guard in 2011 and one of the best run blocking RT’s in the NFL the years prior.

WR Kevin Ogletree: 1 year – 2M: Young WR with some potential. He’s had some decent games with Dallas but this WR free agency class has a lot of WR’s that are of similar caliber.

TE Ben Hartsock: 1 year – Veterans minimum: An old friend. Hartsock doesn’t play as much anymore but is still a strong blocking tight end who can help us in jumbo sets.

OG Leonard Davis: 1 year – Veterans minimum: Depth signing. He’s been a big part of the 49ers jumbo sets as an eligible player. His presence would help our running game.

Cap Space: 9M

NFL Draft:

Round 1: DE Damontre Moore Texas A&M – 6’4 / 250 – We need someone who can rush the passer and we get one of the best in this year’s draft.

Round 1 (Revis trade): WR Justin Hunter Tennessee – 6’4 / 200 – He has the talent to develop into a great WR. He’s big, fast and physical and would be a welcoming addition to our team.

Round 2: RB Giovani Bernard North Carolina – 5’10 / 205 – One of the better RB’s in this draft. It will be interesting to see if he declares or not. He’s a potential every-down back in the NFL. He kind of reminds me of LeSean McCoy.

Round 2 (Revis trade): TE Zach Ertz Stanford – 6’6 / 249 – He’s the 2nd best TE in the draft behind Notre Dame’s Eifert. He’s a willing blocker who does his best work in the red zone due to plus size and leaping ability.

Round 3 (Keller trade): DE Brandon Jenkins Florida St – 6’3 / 260 – One of the most talented players in the draft but had a horrible injury and missed most of the year. Word is that he will enter the draft and if he does, this would be a steal.

Round 3: OL Alvin Bailey Arkansas – 6’5 / 319 – A talented linemen who will likely play RG in the NFL. He has quick feet and does a good job in the run game and blocking on the move. His pass protection needs some work but he has the talent to be a solid NFL starter for a long time.

Round 4 (Harris trade): LB Gerald Hodges Penn St – 6’2 / 238 – A potential 3-down LB, Hodges is a very solid NFL prospect. He doesn’t have great physical attributes (size, speed, etc.) but has plus intangibles and work ethic and seems to do everything well.

Round 4 (McKnight trade): CB Tyrann Mathieu LSU – 5’9 / 180 – A troubled but talented kid. He got kicked out of LSU for drug use. He has the talent to be a good nickel CB in the NFL but is limited by less than ideal height (5’9) and speed (4.5 40). Still, he has the knack for making a big play at the right time.

Round 5: ILB Bruce Taylor Virginia Tech – 6’2 / 244 – Brings a lot of emotion and intangibles to the defense. Lacks ideal speed or lateral quickness to become an every down player but attacks the LoS aggressively and is a strong tackler.

Round 6 (Tebow trade): OT LaAdrian Waddle Texas Tech – 6’6 / 330 – He’s a big guy that has played well enough at Texas Tech these past few years. He has long arms and a strong base which the scouts look for but poor foot speed and inconsistent play/effort. He will likely need to move inside at the next level.

Round 7: FS Josh Boyett Oregon – 5’10 / 205 – Brings leadership and effort to the table. He’s a good all-around safety (in the mold of Patrick Chung) who is coming of an injury-filled year. He will need to have a good senior bowl and workouts if he wants to get drafted.

Depth Chart

QB: Kirk Cousins – David Garrard – Mark Sanchez

RB: Giovani Bernard – Bilal Powell – Brian Leonard

FB: Jon Conner – Joshua Baker

WR: Justin Hunter – Jeremy Kerley – Julian Edelman – Stephen Hill – Kevin Ogletree

TE: Dallas Clark – Zach Ertz – Ben Hartsock

OL: D’Brickashaw Ferguson – Vladimir Ducasse – Nick Mangold – Jake Scott – Austin Howard
    Bench: Alvin Bailey – Caleb Schlauderaff – Leonard Davis – LaAdrian Waddle

DL: Quinton Coples – Kenrick Ellis – Muhammad Wilkerson – Damontre Moore
    Bench: William Hayes – Brandon Jenkins – Shaun Rogers – Garrett McIntyre

LB: Erin Henderson – Jonathan Vilma – Demario Davis
    Bench: Gerald Hodges – Bruce Taylor – Nick Bellore – Marcus Dotwin

CB: Antonio Cromartie – Kyle Wilson – Brice McCain – Aaron Berry – Tyrann Mathieu – Ellis Lankster

FS/SS: Kenny Phillips – Yeremiah Bell – Josh Bush – Josh Boynett

K: Nick Folk

P: Robert Malone

LS: Tanner Purdum
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    I updated my, I think it is better and you guys will like it. Check it out on the bottom of page 1.

Desean "Jet" Jackson

vCash
    Here's mine:

Unrestricted:

Yeremiah Bell Walk
    Mike DeVito Walk
    Nick Folk Walk
    Shonn Greene Walk
    Dustin Keller Franchise
    Laron Landry Resign to a 2 year deal (with a team option)
    Brandon Moore Walk
    Chaz Schilens Walk
    Matt Slauson Resign to a 3 year deal
    Bryan Thomas Walk

Restricted:

Jeff Cumberland Bring Back on a 1 year deal
    Austin Howard Bring Back on a 1 year deal
    Joshua Mauga Bring Back on a 1 year deal
    Tanner Purdum Bring Back on a 1 year deal

Exclusive Rights:

Dennis Landolt Practice Squad
    Isaiah Trufant Bring back on a 1 year deal

Cap Savings If Cut:

Jason Smith - $12,000,000
    Eric Smith - $3,000,000
    Calvin Pace $5,546,667
    Bart Scott - $5,650,000
    Tebow Trade: $2,586,875 All of this happens

*Tebow and our 2nd Round Pick traded to the Jaguars for their 2nd and 4th.
    Sign Sebastian Vollmer to a 4 year deal
    Sign Brian Leonard to a 1 year deal
    Sign Greg Jennings to a 5 year deal
    Sign Chilo Rachal to a 1 year deal
    Sign George Selvie to a 1 year deal
    Sign Larry Foot to a 1 year deal
    Sign Manny Lawson to a 2 year deal
    Sign Michael Mitchell to a 2 year deal
    Sign Nate Kaeding to a 1 year deal

Draft:

1. Dion Jordan DE/OLB
    2. Giovani Bernard RB
    3. Baccari Rambo
    4. Michael Williams
    4. Tyler Bray
    5. OLB
    6. OT
    7. Tyrann Mathieu

QB: Sanchez, McElroy, Tyler Bray
    RB: Giovani Bernard, Powell, McKnight
    FB: Brian Leonard, Baker
    WR: Greg Jennings, Holmes, Kerley, Hill, White
    TE: Keller, Cumberland, Michael Williams
    LT: Ferguson, Rook
    LG: Chilo Rachal , Ducasse
    C: Mangold
    RG: Slauson, Schlauderaff
    RT: Sebastian Vollmer, Howard

Switch to a 4-3

DE: Dion Jordan, Maybin
    DT: Wilkerson, Harrison
    DT: Pouha, Ellis
    DE: Coples, George Selvie
    LOLB: Manny Lawson, Mauga, Bellore
    ILB: Harris, Larry Foot
    ROLB: Davis, Rook
    CB: Revis, Berry, Tyrann Mathieu
    SS: Landry, Allen
    FS: Baccari Rambo, Michael Mitchell
    CB: Cromartie, Wilson, Trufant

K: Nate Kaeding
    P: Robert Malone

Everybody that you don't see here like Josh Bush and Ellis Lankster I let go. This is it. Give me your feedback.
    Thought I would just repost it

Desean "Jet" Jackson

vCash
    Im going to tackle this a little differently than most people. Ive decided after Ryan has pretty much ruined the team it needs a rebuild so current team players

Unrestricted:

Yeremiah Bell sign 1 year
    Mike DeVito walk
    Nick Folk walk
    Shonn Greene walk
    Dustin Keller francise
    Laron Landry sign 2 year
    Brandon Moore walk
    Chaz Schilens walk
    Matt Slauson sign 3 yr
    Bryan Thomas walk

Restricted:

Jeff Cumberland sign 1 yr
    Austin Howard sign 1 yr
    Joshua Mauga walk
    Tanner Purdum sign 1 yr

Exclusive Rights:

Dennis Landolt reserve
    Isaiah Trufant sign 3 yr

Cut:

Jason Smith - $12,000,000
    Eric Smith - $3,000,000
    Calvin Pace $5,546,667
    Bart Scott - $5,650,000
    Tebow Trade: $2,586,875 all happens

Aaron berry :650,000
    Hayden smith 450,000
    Konrad reuland 450,000
    Damian Harrison 477,666

Trade:
    Revis for a 1st
    Holmes whatever anyone wants him for
    Tebow Same

Which leaves my team like this:
    Offense:
    WR Stephen Hill
    Mardy Gilyard

LT
    LG Matt Slauson
    Vladimir Ducasse

C Nick Mangold
    Caleb Schlauderaff

RG Austin Howard
    Vladimir Ducasse

RT D'Brickashaw Ferguson

TE Dustin Keller
    Jeff Cumberland

WR Jeremy Kerley
    Clyde Gates
    Jordan White

QB...., Greg McElroy

FB Lex Hilliard

RB Bilal Powell
    Joe McKnight

Defense
    DE Muhammad Wilkerson
    Quinton Coples

NT Sione Po'uha
    Kenrick Ellis

DT Quinton Coples

OLB Garrett McIntyre

WLB Demario Davis

MLB David Harris
    Nick Bellore

OLB Ricky Sapp

CB Kyle Wilson

CB Antonio Cromartie
    Ellis Lankster
    Darrin Walls

S LaRon Landry
    Josh Bush

S Yeremiah Bell

S

Special teams
    K
    P Robert Malone

H Robert Malone

PR Jeremy Kerley
    Kyle Wilson
    Antonio Cromartie

KR Joe McKnight
    Clyde Gates
    Antonio Cromartie

LS Tanner Purdum

Our Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ((1 for Revis) and whatever for holmes and tebow)

I dont know if my copy and paste worked but as you can see I've moved D'Brick to RT.
    My Plan is to use one of the First rounders on a LT.

As For Mark, Im undecided on what to do with him.

Im currently looking at free agents and the draft, so ill post that when i am done but feel free to comment and suggest to my idea

PSD"S JETS FORUM SURVIVOR LEAGUE CHAMPION 2013

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123