Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

dodgers after Shohei Otani 18 year older 100mph pitcher

http://goldsea.com/Text/index.php?id=13612

vCash
    Link please ?

vCash
    Hah, I actually watched a short special on him on TV the other day. Can't say much since it was mostly him playing catch and talking about the earthquake/tsunami.

vCash
    Oh yeah. I totally forgot about this kid. I remember when my friends sent me a link about him throwing fire couple months back. I was going to put it here, especially when there was news that the Dodgers talked to his high school coach. There was an article about that weeks ago. I guess, there are a couple of teams in pursue now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^ESPN and PSD Agrees

vCash

vCash
    Dodgers are considered the front runner at this point. This would be a huge get for the Dodgers. Otani is considered the best pitching prospect in Japan and probably the best ever(alongside Yu Darvish).

Adding Otani and Julio Urias( who they already signed and is the #1 Mexican pitching prospect and considered #1 of all international free agents by some) would be a huge boost to the system.

This would be the fourth big international signing the Dodgers have made this year. In comparison the Dodgers never landed a big international signing while McCourt was owner.

vCash
    Ya guys, I think trading Eovaldi, Martin, Rubby, Webster will be OK down the line, we still have good pitching coming up

vCash
    Where does it say that we are the front runner? I'd believe it will be the Rangers since Otani said he would love to play side by side with Darvish.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^ESPN and PSD Agrees

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikekhelxD View Post
    Where does it say that we are the front runner? I'd believe it will be the Rangers since Otani said he would love to play side by side with Darvish.
    Dan Olsen has been the one covering this from the beginning and he's said we are the favorites. There's also a story about the major league scouts easing both his, his parents, and his high school coaches concerns. That also has a paragraph at the end saying we are considered the favorites.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LASportsFan1996 View Post
    Ya guys, I think trading Eovaldi, Martin, Rubby, Webster will be OK down the line, we still have good pitching coming up
    If there was one thing we could give up in trades it was pitching prospects. I havent read the article but is this kid projected to be a starter or a heat thrower out of the bullpen? 99-100 at 18 is pretty remarkable. Not many players can throw that fast even in their primes.

vCash
    Is that Sammy Saito at 0:20..hahaha

vCash
    What's up with the catcher diddling the kids butt for the full duration of the mound visit?
    Introducing Dodgers' Opponents' 2014 Lineups

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 -

vCash
    yeah, rubby was the only one with Ace stuff, loosing webster hurts but it isn't the end of the world and i like the return we got for these guys, plus we still have Lee and Ghould
    Quote Originally Posted by D Blue987 View Post
    If there was one thing we could give up in trades it was pitching prospects. I haven't read the article but is this kid projected to be a starter or a heat thrower out of the bullpen? 99-100 at 18 is pretty remarkable. Not many players can throw that fast even in their primes.
    well it's also because that was all we really had lol.

the other thing is that if this kid is from Japan how are we allowed to sign him? Isn't he required to stay in Japan?

vCash
    also both the redsox and the rangers are after him, which could be a problem considering yu darvish autographed a baseball for the rangers people to give to him.
    Last edited by ciaban; 10-12-2012 at 02:26 PM.

vCash
    oh i guess the orioles are looking at him too

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast