Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Manti Te'o

vCash
    Your Vikings need to stop snatching Notre Dame players. It's not appreciated.
    You're talking to me all wrong... It's the wrong tone. You do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron. Hey, tell me, does your mother sew? BOOM. Get her to sew that!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    Hate to say it, but I don't think a Mormon has as high a chance of success in the NFL as a non-Mormon for a variety of reasons.
    well said.

In a different era, I'd be more excited about his potential.

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

Nips is offline -> This space for rent <-
    vCash
    Sometimes reading things like "He's not worth a top 5 pick" is borderline ********

If your team is needing a MLB, and your team is picking 5th overall, and you cant find a trading partner are you really gonna pass up the best MLB in any draft because "everyone" says he shouldnt be picked until rd 10?

How utterly frekin dumb

4 years down the road, is anybody gonna notice if a player went 10th overall or 4th overall?

vCash
    that brings up the classic debate, do you pick for need, or value? best available, or best need available?

if the best player available is a cb, but you need a wr, who do you take? what if the cb is waay better then the wr? a little better?

classic debate..

any ways, i dont think any linebacker out there is going to be has good has sean lee

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nips View Post
    Sometimes reading things like "He's not worth a top 5 pick" is borderline ********

If your team is needing a MLB, and your team is picking 5th overall, and you cant find a trading partner are you really gonna pass up the best MLB in any draft because "everyone" says he shouldnt be picked until rd 10?

How utterly frekin dumb

4 years down the road, is anybody gonna notice if a player went 10th overall or 4th overall?
    Exactly. Especially now that top 5 picks don't get $70-80 million. If somebody takes Te'o with the 1st overall pick then you will have people calling them stupid for taking a linebacker with that pick. And yet are you gonna tell me that if you could go back that you wouldn't take a young Ray Lewis or Brian Urlacher with a top 5 pick?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rawz View Post
    that brings up the classic debate, do you pick for need, or value? best available, or best need available?

if the best player available is a cb, but you need a wr, who do you take? what if the cb is waay better then the wr? a little better?

classic debate..

any ways, i dont think any linebacker out there is going to be has good has sean lee
    You draft for a combination of need and value. It sounds like a cop out answer, but it's the truth. You shouldn't go into a draft saying we're going to take the best player left at position X in round 1 because that's your biggest need but you shouldn't ignore your team needs and just take the top guy either.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

Nips is offline -> This space for rent <-
    vCash
    If you really like a player, and he's a player you're convinced would be a major asset to your team, and help you fix an area of your team thats a weakness- you take that player regardless of what draft hacks like Kiper etc seem to think they should be drafted

vCash
    B.u.s.t

vCash

How utterly frekin dumb

I don't think that's what people are saying. When they say "not worth a too 5" they mean they would want to trade down or pick a position they need that there is a better player available at.

If you need a Kicker, you aren't going to just take one in the 1st round, you'll address a different position to maximize the value of your picks and take a kicker when it's appropriate
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan54 View Post
    B.u.s.t
    Lmao.. Yeah nothing says he will be good, just bust...

our future

vCash
    He sure looks Pro-ready tonight....

vCash
    Probably should have sat this one out.

vCash

How utterly frekin dumb

Anybody notice how he couldn't shed the blocks from Alabama NCAA Guards one on one?

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

vCash
    well that game isn't going the help his stock
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    I heard he may slip to 2nd round now. . .

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast