Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 81

Thread: Manti Te'o

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    18,181
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    i read a report syaing he'd go top 3. if thats the case, someone will be sorry. MLB simply isnt an important enough position to pick that high anymore
    Not only that but he's not that good of a player to justify taking him top 3. Guy is getting over hyped big time. They act like he's the next Ray Lewis. I don't even think he's a better prospect than Luke Kuechly was.
    % of Souls Taken: 100

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,180
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by StriveGreatness View Post
    Not only that but he's not that good of a player to justify taking him top 3. Guy is getting over hyped big time. They act like he's the next Ray Lewis. I don't even think he's a better prospect than Luke Kuechly was.
    I'd say he's definitely a better prospect than Kuechly. He's being over-hyped but that doesn't mean he's not a top prospect this year. He shouldn't be picked THAT high but top 10 wouldn't be stupid.

    But I've read a lot of articles saying he's the next Ray Lewis and that's just absurd. Patrick Willis is probably the best inside linebacker right now and he isn't nearly the player Lewis was at the same age and I don't think Te'o will be as good as Willis.

    I do think he should win the Heisman though.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Raven View Post
    Kuechly was a better pro prospect if you rate them in the 4-3 and went 9th.
    thats a fair assement, since green bay did run a 4-3 when hawk was drafted and was moved to OLB where he simply couldn't handle it. i'd even say thats kind of high for kuechly honestly, even though he's really good. those high picks are better used on more vaulable positons
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudvayneowns91 View Post
    I'm not sure I'd go that far, but I do think they are a big reason why ND is playing the way they are though especially Nix. I've given up on the Broncos getting Te'o, but I would love for Nix to be a Bronco. If he so chooses to come out that is.
    i can see the arguemnt for tuitt/nix. thats why i say MLB doesn't have the value as other positions, they can only be as good as their DLine allows them to be
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by j11430 View Post
    I'd say he's definitely a better prospect than Kuechly. He's being over-hyped but that doesn't mean he's not a top prospect this year. He shouldn't be picked THAT high but top 10 wouldn't be stupid.

    But I've read a lot of articles saying he's the next Ray Lewis and that's just absurd. Patrick Willis is probably the best inside linebacker right now and he isn't nearly the player Lewis was at the same age and I don't think Te'o will be as good as Willis.

    I do think he should win the Heisman though.
    neither willis or lewis were top 10 picks, and they have both been studs their entire career. sums up why teo top 3 is stupid
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,180
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    neither willis or lewis were top 10 picks, and they have both been studs their entire career. sums up why teo top 3 is stupid
    This draft class sucks though. He wouldn't got top 10 any other year, but there really aren't a lot of great players coming out this year

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Arvada, Colorado
    Posts
    17,894
    vCash
    653
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    i can see the arguemnt for tuitt/nix. thats why i say MLB doesn't have the value as other positions, they can only be as good as their DLine allows them to be
    Are we saying Nix and Tuitt combined? Cause if it's just play, I have a hard time believing individually they make a bigger impact on the field with play and leadership.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,685
    vCash
    1500
    Hate to say it, but I don't think a Mormon has as high a chance of success in the NFL as a non-Mormon for a variety of reasons.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rutgers
    Posts
    6,135
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    Hate to say it, but I don't think a Mormon has as high a chance of success in the NFL as a non-Mormon for a variety of reasons.
    You realize there are plenty of successful Mormons currently in the NFL?
    Manchester City - Baltimore Ravens - Baltimore Orioles - Brooklyn Nets

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    14,210
    vCash
    1500

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    14,210
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by j11430
    This draft class sucks though.
    Not for pass rushers and offensive linemen.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudvayneowns91 View Post
    Are we saying Nix and Tuitt combined? Cause if it's just play, I have a hard time believing individually they make a bigger impact on the field with play and leadership.
    it depends how you look at it. a great MLB can only do so much if his dline sucks. I could see the arguement base dpurely on play and talent that tuitt or nix (more likely tuitt) COULD be more valueble, but manti also has the great energy and leadership that puts him over the top
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    Not for pass rushers and offensive linemen.
    and both are more vaulebale in todays NFL than an MLB
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    Hate to say it, but I don't think a Mormon has as high a chance of success in the NFL as a non-Mormon for a variety of reasons.
    i'm very curious to know why? plenty of mrons have had successful careers.




    **** moron tight ends are pretty much all the ravens start
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,180
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    Not for pass rushers and offensive linemen.
    Overall, it's pretty weak. There are always a couple of deep positions but toward the top there aren't that many guys that would normally warrant top 10 picks

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •