Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Manti Te'o

vCash
    Will bust... Doesn't appear to be anything special when I'm watching him but then again so do a lot of collegiate defenders. A lot of "surefire" linebackers have busted recently; McClain, Curry, Hawk, Sims, etc, etc...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlaqOptic View Post
    Will bust... Doesn't appear to be anything special when I'm watching him but then again so do a lot of collegiate defenders. A lot of "surefire" linebackers have busted recently; McClain, Curry, Hawk, Sims, etc, etc...
    Lmao. You're a joke. Your football expertise is very lacking

our future

vCash
    Do you think this guy has the skill to play SAM or WILL in a 4-3?

I ask this cause he seems like he should be there when the Lions picks and we have both OLB's FAs this year and Tulloch signed to a huge contract at MLB and I don't think Tulloch can be moved outside.

I would imagine Te'o could play outside since Lions did manage to switch DeAndre Levy and it worked out pretty well and Te'o has much more skill than Levy.

But having only watch him once, I really have no idea about his game (not a big college football fan).
    "The way they play offense here is difficult for any quarterback," he said. "Every snap is an incredible decision. They're in a one-back offense, they can't run the ball against certain looks so they have to audible to some kind of a pass or a creative run to get away from trouble.
    "There's never a play in the game where Stafford can just turn around, hand the ball off and catch his breath. Every play he's researching the defense and they throw as much as anyone."

vCash

Manti Te'o

^ well let me hope he never goes to the Lions, but he was recruited out of high school as a slb

our future

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    Do you think this guy has the skill to play SAM or WILL in a 4-3?

I ask this cause he seems like he should be there when the Lions picks and we have both OLB's FAs this year and Tulloch signed to a huge contract at MLB and I don't think Tulloch can be moved outside.

I would imagine Te'o could play outside since Lions did manage to switch DeAndre Levy and it worked out pretty well and Te'o has much more skill than Levy.

But having only watch him once, I really have no idea about his game (not a big college football fan).
    I almost think he would be better on the outside to be honest with you, or middle in the 34. My only question is can he keep up with most TEs in the NFL? He's not the fastest LB but he's very good in coverage.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wissportsfan View Post
    I almost think he would be better on the outside to be honest with you, or middle in the 34. My only question is can he keep up with most TEs in the NFL? He's not the fastest LB but he's very good in coverage.
    If he's good in coverage he should have no problem with it imo. I mean, Tulloch is slow as **** (think he runs around a 4.75/4.8) and he is pretty good in coverage and he is only 5'10. PFF always has Tulloch near the top in pass coverage so before anyone asks, that's what i'm basing it off (as well as watching him play every week). So his coverage skills should be there regardless of his speed and I would assume he'll be faster than people think since he dropped some weight going into this year, didn't he? That might increase his 40 time by a bit
    "The way they play offense here is difficult for any quarterback," he said. "Every snap is an incredible decision. They're in a one-back offense, they can't run the ball against certain looks so they have to audible to some kind of a pass or a creative run to get away from trouble.
    "There's never a play in the game where Stafford can just turn around, hand the ball off and catch his breath. Every play he's researching the defense and they throw as much as anyone."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bbd24 View Post
    Why is that ? #1 team, #1 defense, #1 defender....100 tackles + , with 7 INT's....

That's a darn solid player & worthy of any trophy out there. Game changer with his play & leadership.
    He's not nearly the best defensive player in the country, he had an above average year for a linebacker and I don't care what anyone says, being a great player on a TEAM that is ranked #1 in the country is not a good reason to be a Heisman candidate. and 7 interceptions? really? last year David Amerson had 13 and no one mentioned him in Heisman discussions Te'o is not even in the Top 50 tacklers in the country last I heard. He has like 1.5 sacks, no forced fumbles, and 5.5 tackles for loss. He was outperformed by plenty of defensive players. Te'o is in the discussion for Heisman because he plays for Notre Dame, which is a complete joke.

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    I wouldn't put him at weakside because of the closing speed required, that's for someone like Ogletree. Manti's probably a better fit playing inside or at SLB. My comparing to Seau was a nice way of saying a good-but-not-great player who got extra credit for his "leadership." But he's got a great test coming up in the title game because Bama's full of future NFL lineman who get to the second level with ease, plus two sledgehammers coming out of the backfield.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 12-08-2012 at 03:35 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Raven View Post
    Kuechly was a better pro prospect if you rate them in the 4-3 and went 9th.
    Lol no.
    When I asked how a Manziel fan could bash Bridgewater's size.

Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags View Post
    Manziel is shorter than Teddy but he has size 15 feet
    Yeah...it's that bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    Hate to say it, but I don't think a Mormon has as high a chance of success in the NFL as a non-Mormon for a variety of reasons.
    Oh just stop.

Yeah...it's that bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    If he's good in coverage he should have no problem with it imo. I mean, Tulloch is slow as **** (think he runs around a 4.75/4.8) and he is pretty good in coverage and he is only 5'10. PFF always has Tulloch near the top in pass coverage so before anyone asks, that's what i'm basing it off (as well as watching him play every week). So his coverage skills should be there regardless of his speed and I would assume he'll be faster than people think since he dropped some weight going into this year, didn't he? That might increase his 40 time by a bit
    Foot speed is the most overrated indication of coverage ability for a LB.

Yeah...it's that bad.

vCash
    He's the 2nd best LB in college.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Benaforce View Post
    He's the 2nd best LB in college.
    Who should Monty give his Butkus award to then? Or his maxwell

our future

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebrez bears/ View Post
    Lmao. You're a joke. Your football expertise is very lacking
    Man... What an excellent and thought out retort.

vCash
    Part of me wants to win out so we make the playoffs to prove haters wrong and part of me wants us to lose out because I know we'll get Teo if we can reasonably.
    Pull your 84's out!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast