Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VRP723 View Post
    That's obviously the point. Two teams ruled him out because of his medical history, so saying this is a great signing is foolish. We are not doctors and don't have his medicals, so we have no idea.
    True.

But I think based on his history, and the fact that the Nationals clearly think his medicals were fine, that it's probably a good signing

He needs to throw about 125 innings to make this contract potentially worth it (and that's at a rate of his pre-12 value).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FalconsNation02 View Post
    None... besides the fact that Hanson is 10 mil cheaper which is why it was a great move for the Angels. They basically get a cheaper version of Haren (starting pitcher with good potential/talent with injury concern).
    Not at all. Hanson keeps getting worse each year in the NL. Now he's going to consistently face better hitting, good luck. Every year Hanson has some type of injury, mainly shoulder, which causes LOTS of problems for pitchers who go through something on a yearly basis. Meanwhile, up until this off-season, Haren was one of the most reliable starters in the league. Only missed what, 3 starts in the last 8 years. Has injury issues now but not near the amount of Hanson.

IMO, ATL got the best in that deal. Their BP with Walden is one of the tops in the league. Hanson is going to get LIT. He's cheaper than Haren and it will show why in 2013.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Twiggy View Post
    Phillies rotation is still slightly better in the division cause they have experience
    I don't know that I agree, maybe

1. Halladay
    2. Lee
    3. Hamels
    4. Worley
    5. Kendrick (?)

vCash
    I take back my previous statement if our rotation stays healthy for most of the year i think we come close to winning 100 games but lets just see if Haren can pass the physical first.

Olicity shipper and sports fan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    1. Strasburg
    2. Gonzalez
    3. Zimmerman
    4. Haren
    5. Detwiller (?)

It's very strong, I don't know if it's the best. I still like the Rays rotation better

1. Price
    2. Shields
    3. Moore
    4. Hellickson
    5. Cobb

and as a homer, I still like the Cardinals

1. Wainwright
    2. Carpenter
    3. Garcia
    4. Miller
    5. Lynn/Rosenthall/Kelly/Westbrook
    Where's Kershaw-Greinke-Dickey-Billingsley-Beckett???

Coming soon to a TKRO stadium near you

vCash
    Why can't the Mets be run like the Nationals?

vCash
    Point is that this is perceived as a great deal cause it's the Nats, not cause it's a 100% steal like people are saying. He has definite concerns and 13 mil could get you another back end starter that has less Q marks probably. He has upside, no doubt, but it might be limited at this point in his career. He might put up great numbers, but the perception that it's a steal is more about the Nats than it is about Haren.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VRP723 View Post
    Where's Kershaw-Greinke-Dickey-Billingsley-Beckett???
    Greinke and Dickey are Dodgers....neat-o

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Greinke and Dickey are Dodgers....neat-o
    You didn't hear? fifthangelkai reported it last night.

And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen

vCash
    I like this deal for DC. Hopefully he passes the physical and everything works out well. Taking a gamble on his health for sure, but I think this is a good alternative to trading away guys or a longterm commitment to Greinke. Also gives the option of trading for something else if they want to.

For one year I can live with it.

vCash
    Very much like this deal for the Nats. Not as much risk since it's a one year deal and Haren can prove to be a bargain as a #4 starter.
    SPACE

vCash
    $13M for Haren? His back is ****ed and his velocity is gone.

I can't wait to tee off him next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kokes View Post
    Not at all. Hanson keeps getting worse each year in the NL. Now he's going to consistently face better hitting, good luck. Every year Hanson has some type of injury, mainly shoulder, which causes LOTS of problems for pitchers who go through something on a yearly basis. Meanwhile, up until this off-season, Haren was one of the most reliable starters in the league. Only missed what, 3 starts in the last 8 years. Has injury issues now but not near the amount of Hanson.

IMO, ATL got the best in that deal. Their BP with Walden is one of the tops in the league. Hanson is going to get LIT. He's cheaper than Haren and it will show why in 2013.
    Meh... theres a chance Hanson gets lit up, theres a chance he can get healthy and perform like he did in years past. Alls I know is Haren dealt with a horrific back injury ALL year long... it wasn't just 3 starts- the dude is a warrior and played hurt (which in the long run hurt the Angels since he got lit up all year). Love Haren and hate to see him leave my team, but I think his back is a huge concern for 13mil. Hope he proves me wrong
    Last edited by FalconsNation02; 12-04-2012 at 06:07 PM.

vCash
    Another team more than likely out on Greinke
    #Joc2LA

vCash
    well ****.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast