Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    I know you can't make judgements after just one game but like you BB, that one game if that awful as yesterday needs to be taken into account especially being his 14th start of the season. A guy that is suppose to be leading this team should not be looking that in his 14th start rookie or not. I am afraid too that the Broncos and Steelers D' the final two weeks are not going to be doing him any favors so I can see much reason now why he will not be back next year. He has turned into Colt McCoy in 14 games. Don't know if that has to deal with Shurmur beating him down earlier in the year and making him just a game manager by telling Weeden that he needs to cut down on his Int's and his ego but ever since that PC where he said that Weeden looks like a scared Pu$$y out there. A guy with no confidence pushing the ball downfield that was suppose to be his strenght, a guy that when pushing the ball downfield is very inaccurate and a guy that cannot make any adjustments throughout the game especially reading a defense pre-snap. I think yesterday was the first time on one play that I saw him try making a pre-snap adjustment to the defense and the line jumped because more than likely they had no idea what he was doing as he has not done it once this entire season. I don't know if that goes with what Shurmur has told him with not changing plays that he sends in but it is ridiculous.

After yesterday with only 16 hours sinked in from the game I say get rid of him for a 22 or 23 year old kid and get a new coaching staff in here. Give me maybe 3 to 4 days to cool down and f' it, still get rid of them all. Im done after that sh$tfeast 2nd half yesterday. I'll probably change my tune here after a while but yesterday was bad.

Plus it made me even more upset watching that game in the 2nd half where the Defense apperantly decided that it was more necessary to jaw with the Skins than actually play f'ing Defense. Hey yeah lets get up in their faces after they just got another 20 yard bootleg play on you. FOOLS. Sorry I know this is Weeden threat but just going off now.
    I second ALL of these comments Otto! This was a PLAYOFF GAME guys!!!
    We are absolutely horrible. I mean I actually broke my favorite beer mug during the game. I am sending Mr.Haslam the bill!!! $6.99 plus tax.
    Here comes the NEW BROWNS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kosar4president View Post
    I second ALL of these comments Otto! This was a PLAYOFF GAME guys!!!
    We are absolutely horrible. I mean I actually broke my favorite beer mug during the game. I am sending Mr.Haslam the bill!!! $6.99 plus tax.
    LOL, I actually bought plastic Browns cups a few years back after breaking my Browns mug. No more glass around me on Sundays.

Sorry to see you go Wiggy. Should have went to FSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    He has turned into Colt McCoy in 14 games.
    I am sorry...but there is NO way that Colt McCoy would have been THIS bad with the offensive upgrades that they gave his replacement. Anybody with ANY mental functioning could see that last year Colt was screwed with horrible talent around him. Give him Trent Richardson, Mitchell Schwartz, and Josh Gordon and I am telling you that he would have, at the very least, the same numbers as Brandon Weeden...but I believe that with receivers that hang on to the football, a running game that actually makes opponents game plan for it a little, and a line that wasn't patchwork McCoy would be nearing 3,750 yards, 20+ TDs, and 10-13 INTs...and at least 2 or 3 more Ws.

In case you forgot...McCoy had to work without Peyton Hillis (for most of the year), without Brandon Jackson (who was supposed to be Hillis' primary back-up), without Montario Hardesty (for much of the year), and without Chris Ogbonnaya (for a game or two)...that means that he had to hand the ball to Thomas Clayton as his primary RB at one point last year...WHO THE F&$K is Thomas Clayton?????!!! Also, don't forget that he was throwing the ball to Greg Little as his primary receiver, who hadn't played football for over a year!!! Do we need to talk about the O-Line from last year???

Not to mention that Weeden just looks stupid when they interview him...he is a deer in headlights on the field, but he is that same deer in the same headlights when reporters are asking him questions!

Next stop on the carousel please!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by browniebuck View Post
    I am sorry...but there is NO way that Colt McCoy would have been THIS bad with the offensive upgrades that they gave his replacement. Anybody with ANY mental functioning could see that last year Colt was screwed with horrible talent around him. Give him Trent Richardson, Mitchell Schwartz, and Josh Gordon and I am telling you that he would have, at the very least, the same numbers as Brandon Weeden...but I believe that with receivers that hang on to the football, a running game that actually makes opponents game plan for it a little, and a line that wasn't patchwork McCoy would be nearing 3,750 yards, 20+ TDs, and 10-13 INTs...and at least 2 or 3 more Ws.

In case you forgot...McCoy had to work without Peyton Hillis (for most of the year), without Brandon Jackson (who was supposed to be Hillis' primary back-up), without Montario Hardesty (for much of the year), and without Chris Ogbonnaya (for a game or two)...that means that he had to hand the ball to Thomas Clayton as his primary RB at one point last year...WHO THE F&$K is Thomas Clayton?????!!! Also, don't forget that he was throwing the ball to Greg Little as his primary receiver, who hadn't played football for over a year!!! Do we need to talk about the O-Line from last year???

Not to mention that Weeden just looks stupid when they interview him...he is a deer in headlights on the field, but he is that same deer in the same headlights when reporters are asking him questions!

Next stop on the carousel please!!!
    I was meaning more in the way that Shurmur has degressed the two talents with his awful playcalling and constant lack of trust in his QB. Also Colt McCoy is never going to be the starter for the Browns again unless Weeden gets injured the next game and Colt starts in Pittsburgh so I don't see why the fanbase continually tries justifying him. The kid is a good guy but I don't know what games some of you guys were watching last year to have this constant loyalty to an undersized professional backup QB. I am going to base it off the fact that you all think that he was decent enough to win some games his rookie year and are still holding on to that. And please don't bring up his stats because I watched all the games last year and half of those decent ones came in garbage time, See Oakland 2011 game.

vCash
    Found an interesting statement that I did not recognize from the game in another thread. Apperantly some are saying that Weedens play on 3rd and 7 to Benjamin in the fourth was from him calling his own play as he had his helmet knocked off the play before and there was communication issues from him and the sideline. After the TD too Whipple was laying into Weeden for what most considered going off on his own and not worrying about an incoming play being called in. If true this is just a ridiculous indictment on the coaching staff and their lack of trust in their QB to audible when he feels necessary. If anyone saw this or has heard more please let me know as this is pretty interesting.

This isn't either a Weeden must stay comment too but instead a comment on how micromanaged the two QB's have been under Shurmur and his constant ability to boggle down a QB.

vCash
    LOL, awesome now WFNY has an article on the issue.

http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/20...jamin-himself/

vCash
    Read this yesterday and thought it was a great article regarding play calling in today's game. It has a good part about Weeden and the Okie State offense last year and really is shocking that Shurmur didn't utilize more plays like these to make Weeden feel comfortable transitioning to the pro game. Once again just another reason Shurmur should not be this teams HC next year and for that matter anyone's HC or OC in the future.

Last season, Oklahoma State's offense dominated nearly every defense on its schedule. Brandon Weeden & Co. averaged more than 48 points and 549 yards per game and finished third in the nation in yards per play. The Cowboys finished 12-1 — their best finish in school history — and closed the season with a shoot-out win over an Andrew Luck–led Stanford team in the Fiesta Bowl. The marquee players on offense were future first-round picks — Weeden would go to the Browns and receiver Justin Blackmon to the Jaguars — and each put up video-game-type numbers. Even with that duo, the Cowboys weren't merely an air-it-out team. They averaged more than 160 rushing yards per game, and in last fall's Bedlam game against Oklahoma, the Cowboys ran for 278 yards and four touchdowns en route to crushing their rivals, 44-10. At times, it seemed Oklahoma State could merely decide, at their whim, whether or not they would throw or run, regardless of the defense's response.

Yet head coach Mike Gundy's actual strategy was the complete inverse. It was the defense, and not the offense, that dictated where the ball went. Using a no-huddle approach, Oklahoma State often called the same, simple play repeatedly as they marched up and down the field, with Weeden as point guard for their dynamic attack. The basis was simple: "It's all runs or throws on the perimeter, all built into one," explained Oklahoma State's offensive coordinator, Todd Monken. "[Against Texas] A&M, we ended up with a lot of throws on the perimeter that were built-in runs, so that [Weeden] gets all the stats, but they're really just part of your run package."

Oklahoma State's favorite "run package" was to combine an inside running play, like the inside zone, with both a quick receiver screen to one side and an individual route to a singled-up Justin Blackmon. It made for a kind of three-on-one fast break adapted to football.

Courtesy of Chris Brown
    Combining a receiver screen with a running play is not new, but it remains an important method to ensure that individual defenders play honest. If a linebacker or nickelback cheats in to stop a run, the quick screen to the outside equals free yards while punishing the defender for playing out of position. Once he is back in position to defend the screen, the running play has a better chance of success.

What made Oklahoma State's version of this system truly deadly was not only that Weeden could decide whether to run or throw, but where he could throw. Depending on how the defense played Blackmon, Weeden flashed him a signal to run a fade up the sideline or a quick slant underneath, putting pressure on an entirely different set of defenders. And it was up to Weeden — and the defense — to decide where the ball would go.

As Monken observed following Oklahoma State's 59-24 blowout of Baylor, "Two of the fade throws to [Justin Blackmon] were run plays." Other than Weeden and Blackmon, everyone on the offense — including the offensive line — went about the play as if it were a run. At their customary warp speed, Oklahoma State could move the ball at will using only this one packaged play again and again.1
    http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...n-play-calling

I go back and forth on Weeden everyday on wether he should be this teams QB next year or not. After having a couple days of cooling down from Sunday I continually come back to just Shurmur being an awful play caller, in game adjuster and confidence killer from the sideline for no matter what QB is in there. Weeden has become very hesitant with many of his throws in the second half of the season and I believe that is due to Shurmurs comments and play calling. I would not be upset to see Brandon back here next year just with a better game planner and someone that will work to his strenghts instead of using him like a square and continually trying to fit him into a round hole.

I really think this talent group is ready for the Big 12 spread type attack- they just need a coach who can bring it out. On top of that they appear able to line up in traditional sets to mixed results as well. Lastly they have versatile players that allow for gimmick plays too (Benji, Little and for now Cribbs). Surely they will hire someone offensively who can take advantage of this. Shurmer is proving he can not.

vCash
    Ive been recently watching some Okie St highlights from last year and ARK from 2 years ago with Mallett and I literally only see two differences between the two and that is Mallett is taller and has a higher release point because of it. Besides that they were mainly the same players. Thrived in vertical offenses (something Shurmur should have been told about Weeden before the beginning of the year), lacked constant accuracy and decision making but when they were on they were ridiculously good. Both seemed to lock in on WR's and times where defenses were able to read them with their limited field vision, both got rattled easily by pressure, and the ball tended to sail on them at times because of mechanics. Both had rocket arms though that could easily be seen from highlights.

I just don't understand what the thinking I guess would be bringing in Mallett if McDaniels is to be the HC when really the only 2 things I think he can do better than Weeden at this point is he knows McDaniels system already so he has 2 years of that on Weeden and is only 24 yrs old so 5 yrs the younger. I just continue to go back to the compensation that it would take to get Mallett which I don't think is all that better than Weeden. Gonna go back and watch some videos of him in the preseason and see if he has grown in any aspect of his game from what I saw in college. Also seems like he finally got his life together so don't have the off field issues like he did at Arkansas. Weeden you never have to be worried about that.

vCash
    I prefer to keep Weeden, I think Shurmur has screwed him over this year. But if we do get rid of him do you think we may be able to trade him to the Jags for something?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ClevelandFan11 View Post
    I prefer to keep Weeden, I think Shurmur has screwed him over this year. But if we do get rid of him do you think we may be able to trade him to the Jags for something?
    I think the Jags are going to be all over Tebow to compete with Henne and Gabbert. They need something to infuse that fanbase and I think Tebow is the only one that can do that right now. Leaves them open to draft a pass rusher too that they despertatly need.

I really think that if the front office believes that Weeden is not their future QB then I will not be butt hurt about it. I think they could probably get a 4th round pick out of him from a team that thinks he can come in and compete with their QB in a more vertical passing system. Yes that ROI would suck but with the new CBA it would not hurt as much and I don't think Haslam would really be worried about keeping a guy just because he was a first round pick with the previous men in charge. Also I don't think Haslam wants to deal with any QB controversy and I don't see them continuing to just cart out a guy just to do it like say SD and Philip Rivers or Baltimore with Joe Flacco which to this point have been good QB's but still have not gotten their teams over the hump. If Haslam feels that is Weeden then I don't see how he doesn't try going after another QB. Keep bringing em in until you find the right one IMO as I don't buy their jerseys anymore, Quinn you got me last.

vCash
    Keith Britton ‏ @ KeithBritton86
    CBS NFL Insider @ JasonLaCanfora tells @ BullandFox # Browns management not sold on Weeden long-term
    This is too funny. LaCan should have just said that Banner is not sold on Weeden because besides him who really in the FO has been hired yet to be saying these things.

vCash
    Exactly. I have never liked that geek.

props to Bee for the sig!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123