Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rhaas74 View Post
    While I agree that he really needs to work on hit batted balls, one this game was a lose-lose situation. Joe Thomas released on what looked like a WR screen and left Tamba Hali untouched. Weeden either tried to get it past him or risked pump-faking and not drawing him into the air and getting a sack.

One of the main things I think though is that the OL is not getting enough blame for this issue. I have noticed it mainly from the Guards rather than Thomas, Mack, and Schwartz. While Weeden needs to work on finding the throwing lanes, the guards really need to work on keeping the defenders engaged. If they are staying engaged the defenders will have a hard enough time getting their arms up, let alone being able to jump.
    I completely agree about the line not doing their part and brought it up a couple weeks back. They never seem to chop the gut either when their man goes up. They basically just release the D-Lineman to go up whenever he feels like it and sit there dumbfounded like what should I do know. HIT HIM IN HIS GUT. The screen pass too was not Weedens fault but the fact that the coaching staff is still running screen plays is beyond me. I do not think they have ran a screen play all year that has resulted in positive yards if it is even completed.

Sorry to see you go Wiggy. Should have went to FSU.

vCash
    I am one-hundred percent not sold on Weeden in anyway. I believe the offense is improved more as a result of improved talent across the board (Schwartz, Gordon, Richardson, Little, Lauvao, Benjamin) than Weeden's play.

For being tall and having a huge arm, he rarely throws deep (and when he does, with little accuracy) and gets two to three passes swatted at the line every game. He stares down his receiver and still makes the same amount of mistakes every game. While Luck, RG3 and Wilson have shown great improvement as the season has gone on, Weeden has not. Granted he has improved some, although it would be impossible not to improve on how awful he was at the beginning.

As for Alex Smith, I am hoping we get him if he becomes available. He can throw deep with accuracy in the wind as he has proven in San Fran. He has also proven that with a solid defense and running game, he will win games.

Being from Virginia and having seen a lot of Vick growing up, he is in no way what the Browns need. I would be really disappointed if we brought him in.

I also read an article right before the Chiefs game that said Banner was not enamored with Weeden, did not like the idea of having a rookie quarterback of that age and has been quietly trying to find an alternative plan. If I can find the article again I will post it. I'm thinking it was Jamison Hensley's blog.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Essex Ace View Post
    I am one-hundred percent not sold on Weeden in anyway. I believe the offense is improved more as a result of improved talent across the board (Schwartz, Gordon, Richardson, Little, Lauvao, Benjamin) than Weeden's play.

For being tall and having a huge arm, he rarely throws deep (and when he does, with little accuracy) and gets two to three passes swatted at the line every game. He stares down his receiver and still makes the same amount of mistakes every game. While Luck, RG3 and Wilson have shown great improvement as the season has gone on, Weeden has not. Granted he has improved some, although it would be impossible not to improve on how awful he was at the beginning.

As for Alex Smith, I am hoping we get him if he becomes available. He can throw deep with accuracy in the wind as he has proven in San Fran. He has also proven that with a solid defense and running game, he will win games.

Being from Virginia and having seen a lot of Vick growing up, he is in no way what the Browns need. I would be really disappointed if we brought him in.

I also read an article right before the Chiefs game that said Banner was not enamored with Weeden, did not like the idea of having a rookie quarterback of that age and has been quietly trying to find an alternative plan. If I can find the article again I will post it. I'm thinking it was Jamison Hensley's blog.
    Melo posted it on the first page of the thread just its the CBS article about it.

Alex Smith will get them to the playoffs but I don't think he is a guy that will ever win a Super Bowl. I feel the same way with Brandon Weeden though so why not just stay with the cheaper option and the option that still has room to grow as he is only in his 14th professional game where as it seems A. Smith right now is where he is going to be for the rest of his career potential wise. Yes there is the age but Weeden still has more of a ceiling right now than Smith IMO. Also if they make a move to a QB I would hope it is one that can make his Head Coach look good and not have to depend on a coach to make him look good ie. Singletary to Harbaugh even though that did work for Green Bay in the 60's with Lombardi and Bart Starr.
    Last edited by ottograham14; 12-13-2012 at 06:08 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    Melo posted it on the first page of the thread just its the CBS article about it.
    There is a different one that specifically talks about Banner's thinking.

vCash
    There is a different one that specifically talks about Banner's thinking.
    Yeah if you find it definately post it because I just looked at everything Hensley has done lately and the only thing that says Banner and Weeden together is that Banner has said he will evaluate Brandon at the end of the year just like he has stated he will do with all of the players and coaches so I would definately be interested to read that.

Also when doing a google search the only thing that comes back is speculation of how Banner was always a Vick guy and that he could be a possiblilty but that is all he said she said stuff and writers trying to connect the dots to get readers. Thats the one good thing about Banner throughout this season is that he has not changed his stance when repeatadly asked time and again about coaches and players, "Everyone will be evaluated at the end of the year."

vCash
    Click Here

There is the link for the article. Unfortunately it is only about Vick replacing him, which again I do not want or support.

vCash
    Click Here

There is the link for the article. Unfortunately it is only about Vick replacing him, which again I do not want or support.
    Yeah thats the same thing. Thanks though for posting.

Right now for the Browns its kind of like draft time where all thats going on is writers trying to connect dots, take anything they hear and turn it into straight speculation and rumors no matter who says it, trying to get readers and to be the one that said they were the first to suggest or report something. I wish I could get paid for all the speculation I do but instead at my job I actually have to deal with truth and facts. It sucks.

Now Banner probably is lukewarm on Weeden but then again most of the Browns fanbase is too but that still doesn't mean that they are going to replace him especially with the a lesser or equal options out there. I think they are still in the figuring out process. If they lose the next three I can see Weeden gone along with all the coaches and GM. If they win 2 out of 3 then I see Weeden staying but not coaches and GM. If they win all 3 I can see everyone staying. If they win 1 out of 3 then I will be very confused.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    Yeah thats the same thing. Thanks though for posting.

Right now for the Browns its kind of like draft time where all thats going on is writers trying to connect dots, take anything they hear and turn it into straight speculation and rumors no matter who says it, trying to get readers and to be the one that said they were the first to suggest or report something. I wish I could get paid for all the speculation I do but instead at my job I actually have to deal with truth and facts. It sucks.

Now Banner probably is lukewarm on Weeden but then again most of the Browns fanbase is too but that still doesn't mean that they are going to replace him especially with the a lesser or equal options out there. I think they are still in the figuring out process. If they lose the next three I can see Weeden gone along with all the coaches and GM. If they win 2 out of 3 then I see Weeden staying but not coaches and GM. If they win all 3 I can see everyone staying. If they win 1 out of 3 then I will be very confused.
    lol

I donít think you make a change anywhere unless you know for certain that it is an upgrade. Meaning, you keep Shurmur unless you know you can pull in a top name coach who has the experience and knowledge to help the team. I understand Pat has said and down some dumb things but he is young and getting on the job training. And letís be honest he did not have much of a team last year and has a lot of rookies and young guys this year. Same for Weeden. I would just like to see some consistency from the Brownies and let these guys develop a little. I like what Heckert has down thru the draft so I say you keep him no matter what.

vCash
    A must read on Weeden from Bruce Hooley. http://espncleveland.com/common/more...9&post_id=9651

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    Whoever is coaching the Browns and running the personnel department I hope they can find another QB to back up Weeden and groom them to challenge him down the road. Sure, the final 3 games will have a lot to do with what happens with Weeden but the month of January when Haslem and Banner choose the direction they go in will be the most important.

vCash
    I wish we would just trade Colt and get a backup that fans wouldn't want to put in if Weeden is having a bad game.

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    Heckert said in his meeting with the media yesterday that he thinks Weeden is the guy moving forward. He said he likes him as a player already and that he only sees him getting better. Obviously it's not a certainty that Heckert's back next year, though. However, if he is I think Weeden's definitely the guy going into next season based off his comments.

vCash
    Has Brandon Weeden single handedly lost any games for the Browns this year? There have been games that he has struggled...but I don't think that he is solely responsible for any loss this season (you could argue week 1 with his 4 picks). There have been drops, tipped balls that have led to interceptions, poor routes at times.

Now...don't get me wrong, I was one that didn't want to draft him. I wanted to continue on with Colt and surround him with talent to see what he truly could do, but I am not on the "find another quarterback" bandwagon. This franchise has had more quarterbacks since 1999 than any other team in the NFL (didn't look it up, but I am PRETTY sure that is true).

What this franchise needs to do is commit to a quarterback, surround them with an above average surrounding cast (GOOD receivers, solid O-Line, good running game, versatile tight end) and give them the keys. If the quarterback is obviously the problem, replace them the following year with a new quarterback...who will be off to a head start with a surrounding cast that is better than average, giving them a better chance of succeeding. If we keep riding the quarterback carousel, players are going to leave via free agency for a more stable situation, free agents aren't going to come here for fear of ANOTHER upheaval, and players are going to grow complacent.

For the upcoming offseason on the offensive side of the football, address the guard positions, find a veteran receiver to help the youngsters (who appear to be starting to understand what is required of an NFL WR), and make up their minds with Marecic/Smelley (maybe experiment with Marecic going back to LB???).

Whatever they do...DO NOT BLOW THIS THING UP!!! We are headed in the right direction! We don't need a new offensive scheme, we don't need a new defensive scheme...we need a little more imagination on offense, a willingness to step on the gas when we have a lead, and a few pieces on defense.

vCash
    Erase what is said above about keeping Weeden...what I saw today has me wanting to bring someone, ANYONE, else in here! He was TERRIBLE today (with the exception of the Benjamin TD). Horrible decisions, missed receivers, late throws, poor reads...you name it, he failed at it today!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by browniebuck View Post
    Erase what is said above about keeping Weeden...what I saw today has me wanting to bring someone, ANYONE, else in here! He was TERRIBLE today (with the exception of the Benjamin TD). Horrible decisions, missed receivers, late throws, poor reads...you name it, he failed at it today!
    I know you can't make judgements after just one game but like you BB, that one game if that awful as yesterday needs to be taken into account especially being his 14th start of the season. A guy that is suppose to be leading this team should not be looking that in his 14th start rookie or not. I am afraid too that the Broncos and Steelers D' the final two weeks are not going to be doing him any favors so I can see much reason now why he will not be back next year. He has turned into Colt McCoy in 14 games. Don't know if that has to deal with Shurmur beating him down earlier in the year and making him just a game manager by telling Weeden that he needs to cut down on his Int's and his ego but ever since that PC where he said that Weeden looks like a scared Pu$$y out there. A guy with no confidence pushing the ball downfield that was suppose to be his strenght, a guy that when pushing the ball downfield is very inaccurate and a guy that cannot make any adjustments throughout the game especially reading a defense pre-snap. I think yesterday was the first time on one play that I saw him try making a pre-snap adjustment to the defense and the line jumped because more than likely they had no idea what he was doing as he has not done it once this entire season. I don't know if that goes with what Shurmur has told him with not changing plays that he sends in but it is ridiculous.

After yesterday with only 16 hours sinked in from the game I say get rid of him for a 22 or 23 year old kid and get a new coaching staff in here. Give me maybe 3 to 4 days to cool down and f' it, still get rid of them all. Im done after that sh$tfeast 2nd half yesterday. I'll probably change my tune here after a while but yesterday was bad.

Plus it made me even more upset watching that game in the 2nd half where the Defense apperantly decided that it was more necessary to jaw with the Skins than actually play f'ing Defense. Hey yeah lets get up in their faces after they just got another 20 yard bootleg play on you. FOOLS. Sorry I know this is Weeden threat but just going off now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast