Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Brockers dominates at defensive tackle

Rams fans have been waiting for first-round pick Michael Brockers to have a breakout game. Sunday’s performance should satisfy most of them. Brockers recorded 11 tackles — almost unheard of for a defensive tackle — on 52 plays in the Rams’ 16-13 overtime victory over the San Francisco 49ers and was a key cog in limiting 49ers running back Frank Gore to 58 yards on 25 carries.

Brockers stood out on a stop for minus-1 yard against Gore in the third quarter and for hustling downfield to pull down tight end Vernon Davis on a 9-yard gain in overtime.

“He’s improving,” coach Jeff Fisher said. “He played pretty well last week as well. He played stout, strong, got good pressure, had a nice chase-down tackle. He’s feeling good, and he’s improving.”

Much was expected of the 6-5, 322-pound Brockers when the Rams made him the 14th overall pick. But his regular-season debut was delayed while he rehabbed a high ankle sprain suffered in the final preseason game. He finally took the field Sept. 30 at home versus Seattle and tweaked the same ankle but missed only a series or two.

Since then, his playing time and impact have increased steadily. He recorded his first sack Oct. 21 versus Green Bay and had 1˝ sacks in the first game against San Francisco. Last week, he accounted for six tackles in the Rams’ 31-17 victory over the Arizona Cardinals

hopefully he breaks the tradition of drafting bust nose tackles

I want to be sold on him but like BK said... we have a bad history.. I'm not getting my hopes up yet, but maybe thats because I was shocked/disappointed by the pick to begin with so I'm bias.

GO METS; RAMS; ISLES; KNICKS; NOTRE DAME; UCONN!; AC Milan!

The One and Only "LEGATRON"

Brockers dominates at defensive tackle

He has been improving every game and really that's all we can ask of him

Michael Wacha

5-5, 2.79 Era, 83 So, 1.12 Whip