Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AP 2000 Yards

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sactown View Post
    I think it's to early to make a push just for 2,000 yards, we're to close to the playoffs and with Chicago playing poorly we could possibly steal one. Let's just hope Seattle starts losing games. But if we lose next week, I'm okay with a 2,000 countdown
    I really do think in order for us to make the playoffs AP has to get to 2000 or at least within 100 or so yards. He is our only offense...

vCash
    Kick some more *** AP...you are the Vikings....I am very proud to have you as our leader

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    He already had the record and thought it was the classy thing to do, they could have tried to keep running him on every other play so that he could drive up the margin, but that would have been kind of a dick move on his part. That's what separates true greatness from the rest.
    thats not how i remember it at all.. i remember Childress being a ****ing idiot and pulling him leading up to and immediately following the record.. i even seem to recall AP saying that 300 yards is something he'd love to achieve in his career... Childress screwed him on that and cost us a trip to the Super Bowl (12 men in the huddle..) Horrible.. Just horrible. I hope AP gets it one day.

If he could do it this year he may actually have a shot at Dickerson record of 2105.

vCash
    119yrds already this game...Wow

vCash
    Peterson goes for 212 in Vikings win
    Vikings running back Adrian Peterson entered Sundayís game needing 506 yards in three games to set the single-season rushing record.

He got more than 40 percent of that amount in four quarters in St. Louis.

Peterson rushed for 212 yards in a 36-22 win over the Rams, including an 82-yard touchdown run, along with a 52-yard scamper after the Rams had trimmed the gap from 26 to 11.

He now has 1,812 rushing yards for the season, the most of his career. With two games left, he needs 203 to tie Eric Dickersonís 1984 record of 2,105 yards, and 204 to beat it.

Yes, Eric, you should be nervous.

Peterson already owns the single-game record of 296, set in November 2007. Sundayís output was his most since that game.

Itís the second 200-yard effort for Peterson in three weeks. He has now rushed for 1,213 yards in the last eight games, an average of 151 per game.

He also has 576 yards in the last three games.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-vikings-win/

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    He needs 293 or 294 to beat it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sota4Ever View Post
    If only we could play the chargers again

vCash
    Hey he put up 210 in Green Bay, just think of what he's going to do at home against them. Sorry Eric but I think this is the last year you hold that record

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sota4Ever View Post
    Just getting to 2000 would be amazing in itself.

vCash
    I wish we would've run AP once or twice at the end of the game just to get a few more yards. At best it's going to be close. AP really wants that record, And why should'nt he.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DiPasquale7 View Post
    thats not how i remember it at all.. i remember Childress being a ****ing idiot and pulling him leading up to and immediately following the record.. i even seem to recall AP saying that 300 yards is something he'd love to achieve in his career... Childress screwed him on that and cost us a trip to the Super Bowl (12 men in the huddle..) Horrible.. Just horrible. I hope AP gets it one day.

If he could do it this year he may actually have a shot at Dickerson record of 2105.
    I somewhat remember watching that game. Did they pull AP from the game?
    Did we still have plays where we could have run AP just to get 3 more yards in that game? If so how many plays?

vCash
    it is an honor to watch this man play week in and week out. Whatever happens we love you AP.

RaptorsMaple LeafssVikingsssBlue JayssInterTFC

vCash
    If Fraizer is smart we won't be seeing Toby at all. 146.5 yards in each of the next 2 games is more than doable considering how well he has been running the ball lately.
    Hey coach. Do you have ANY idea what you are doing?
    Thats what I thought.

vCash
    Greg Jennings wants Adrian Peterson to break rushing record
    Posted by Mike Florio
    December 18, 2012, 9:54 AM EST

In a move that will be regarded by some Packers fans as evidence of dogs and cats living together, Green Bay receiver Greg Jennings says that he actually wants Vikings running back Adrian Peterson to break Eric Dickerson’s single-season rushing record of 2,105 yards.

Given that Peterson would need two fewer yards than his own single-game record of 296 to accomplish that feat against the Texans in Week 16, Jennings necessarily wants Peterson to break it against the Packers in Week 17.

”I want him to do it,” Jennings told Dan Patrick on Tuesday morning. “It’s impressive to see a player dominate like that. . . . It’s almost devastating if he gets that close and doesn’t get it.”

Of course, it would be more devastating if Peterson puts up a record-breaking performance as part of a Vikings win over the Packers that costs Green Bay a possible bye week and forces them to host the No. 6 seed in the wild-card round and travel to San Francisco for the next wave of the postseason.

But with Jennings’ contract expiring and no indication that the Packers are trying to keep him around, it could be that Jennings is starting to emotionally disconnect from the Green Bay franchise — and the fierce rivalries that go along with it.

Packers fans may have strong opinions about this. We have a feeling they may be expressing them below.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ushing-record/

vCash
    now i want him in minny even more!!! jennings in 13'!!!

"I yam sofa king we todd did" - Musgrave

WISH LIST:

Win a SB before I die.

The enemies gate is down

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast