Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by uwish1127 View Post
    There was a rumor on twitter that Yanks were working on terms of a deal sending Grandy to Kansas City for Alex Gordon, anyone know anything of that? I can't find nothing besides some ahole's post.

Next, would you guys do that deal? I'm still debating
    I like Gordon, he reminds me of a Paul O'neill type player as far as production and in my mind that is exactly what the Yankees need. I would hope we could get a prospect or 2 as well though.

Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post

The division is going to be ran by the Sixers and Raptors in three years. Book it.

vCash
    soo
    j.p arencibia and colby rasmus for granderson?
    Blue Jays 2013 world champs, just watch

vCash
    Surprised to hear Granderson is on the block, Always saw him as one of the Yankee's best players.
    With the deepest of regrets I am announcing that I will be leaving Pro Sports Daily. No reason in particular but wanted to thank everyone for a great 6 years here. Lots of great discussion and good poll series as well. Also fun re-drafts. Best of luck to you all in the future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    Yeah not guys coming off down years if they're giving up the farm for him.
    yeah but when the farm is coming to the al east it doesnt count for as much as you think, only certain players can play there, plus if he does leave the division his numbers will probobly go up some
    Blue Jays 2013 world champs, just watch

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by adab View Post
    Really? You honestly believe the Angels are set on trading Trout. I'm guessing this is just wishful thinking. Maybe if the Yankees include Teixeira (becaue the Angels have a tremendous need for another 1B - that Pujols guys really sucks!) and are willing to take Mike Trumbo off the Angels hands along with Trout, everyone will be happy.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggXmKPMaHMo
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DasBoot View Post
    Oh I'm not saying he's worth it. The value is grossly inflated, and if you look at Sanchez - his is only this third year of being a "reliable starter". He pitched in the black hole that was Pro Player/Landshark what ever u call it field and then pitched at Comerica an even bigger black hole. His ERA is .5 better than Hughes and in the national league and in giant stadiums, and he's given up a decent amount of home runs as well in those giant fields. Though this year Hughes did give up a lot of bombs, he's a fly ball/strikeout pitcher in Yankee Stadium. I'll admit it was abnormal***

If Hughes put an identical year together, like Sanchez did of 9-13 with a 3.86 or even 4.0 ERA and had identical strike out numbers just as both did last year (Sanchez 167, Hughes 165) not to mention nearly identical whips (Hughes' was better) ...

Yeah you can bet he'll demand 6 years $90m

... Yankees aren't giving that out to anyone next year. It doesn't matter if Hughes went out there and clicked like Halladay did late in his 20's after many trials and tribulation and became a dominant ace. If that situation arose the ONLY way they would keep him is if they could move CC, which they couldn't.

*They are cashing in.
    But he won't get 6yrs/90M. Teams will laugh in his face. At least Sanchez has shown consistency unlike Hughes who's never had a good season as a starter.

In the past three Sanchez has done really well.

2010:
    3.55 ERA
    3.32 FIP
    4.04 xFIP
    4.4 WAR
    7.25 K/9
    3.23 BB/9
    1.34 WHIP

2011:
    3.67 ERA
    3.35 FIP
    3.25 xFIP
    3.8 WAR
    9.26 K/9
    2.93 BB/9
    1.28 WHIP

2012:
    3.86 ERA
    3.53 FIP
    3.60 xFIP
    3.8 WAR
    7.68 K/9
    2.21 BB/9
    1.27 WHIP

15M/year is an overpayment for Sanchez, but he's a lot closer to deserving it this year than Hughes would next offseason if he put up an identical season as Sanchez. No one would be that price that you think Hughes would demand.

2010, 2012, and 2014 World Series Champions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by uwish1127 View Post
    There was a rumor on twitter that Yanks were working on terms of a deal sending Grandy to Kansas City for Alex Gordon, anyone know anything of that? I can't find nothing besides some ahole's post.

Next, would you guys do that deal? I'm still debating
    The Yankees should do that in a heartbeat. I'd question Cashman if he hesitated at that. The Royals would be idiots to do that, but Dayton Moore is their GM.
    Last edited by SFrush90; 12-05-2012 at 02:02 PM.

vCash
    Granderson has a higher ceiling than Gordon. but in a trade around Granderson and Gordon, the Royals should be the team getting more, something good and not a throw in.
    Granderson has 1 year left on his contract, at $15 M.
    Gordon has 4 years left on his contract (with the 4th year being a player option), plus at a good price. 13- $9 M. 14- $10 M. 15- $12.5 M. $12.5 M option.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    Granderson has a higher ceiling than Gordon. but in a trade around Granderson and Gordon, the Royals should be the team getting more, something good and not a throw in.
    Gordon has 4 years left on his contract (with the 4th year being a player option), plus at a good price. 13- $9 M. 14- $10 M. 15- $12.5 M. $12.5 M option.
    its not happening, so theres no reason to worry abou it
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Granderson's ceiling has been reached. He'll only decline from here. He's not getting any better. Gordon can.

vCash
    That is just not true.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by devildog View Post
    Granderson and Hughes to the Mariners for king Felix.
    Puff Puff Pass

vCash
    how about Granderson to the Phillies for Brown,Mayberry & a prospect

" Anyone who believes saber metrics never played the game. Only your eyes can tell you the truth. " Torii Hunter

"They both (statistics & bikinis) show a lot, but not everything." - Infielder Toby Harrah

vCash
    where Granderson is at right now is higher than Gordon. Gordon will never have 40 HR in a season. Gordon's career high is 23, so right now even 30+ might be a stretch. although I do think that could be possible.
    I also don't see Gordon reaching 20+ SB. Granderson was down to 10 SB in 2012, but I still think he could get to 20+.
    I don't know much about defense so I can't comment on their defensive comparison. just on offensive potential right now I would want Granderson. Granderson can still produce like he did or close to 2012.
    but it's Granderson for 1 year compared to Gordon for 4 years.

vCash
    where Granderson is at right now is higher than Gordon. Gordon will never have 40 HR in a season. Gordon's career high is 23, so right now even 30+ might be a stretch. although I do think that could be possible.
    I also don't see Gordon reaching 20+ SB. Granderson was down to 10 SB in 2012, but I still think he could get to 20+.
    I don't know much about defense so I can't comment on their defensive comparison. just on offensive potential right now I would want Granderson. Granderson can still produce like he did or close to 2012.
    but it's Granderson for 1 year compared to Gordon for 4 years.
    Give me Alex Gordon right now. It's an easy choice. He performed better than Granderson in 2012 and can improve while Granderson has reached his ceiling. It's down from here. Plus Gordon is a much better defender. And if he was a Yankee he'd have 20+ HRs. Only reason Granderson had 40HR was because he played at Yankee Stadium. He's not a true 40HR hitter like Stanton.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast