Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post

Include Cano and acquire Justin Upton and Alex Gordon and flip them as well and you have a deal.
    hahahaha i couldnt have said it better myself
    Quote Originally Posted by DoMeFavors View Post
    if bulls win the series ill leave this site forever
    I will for one time in my life actually root for the bulls

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by devildog View Post
    Granderson and Hughes to the Mariners for king Felix.
    lol
    This is just the beginning. Let's keep it up. History is bound to repeat itself. Let's hope that this time it's for the best.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoney85 View Post
    contenders take players on 1 year deals
    Yeah not guys coming off down years if they're giving up the farm for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    He is not a gold glove defender anymore. The last time he was that was in 2007. Four of the past five years he's had a negative UZR/150.[/url]
    I definitely believe in Granderson's UZR numbers. He started having issues picking up the ball off the bat in his last year in Detroit. I've seen that carry over to his time in NY. He makes some bad reads/gets some bad jumps on fly balls. These are definitely not the qualities of a gold glove outfielder.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    I think Yankees are looking for a catcher...but this would also leave them with 2 outfield holes. So, not sure. Interesting.
    Very informative thread!
    'Real' Yankee fans tell the truth about the team whether it is nice or not.

"Well, that kind of puts a damper on even a Yankee win."
    -- Yankees announcer Phil Rizzuto after reading a bulletin that Pope Paul VI had died

vCash
    I think it's really funny that people have such biased against any Yankee on the market. I bet you if Cano was on the block like Granderson people would be screaming he's not worth it.

Think about it - What kind of contract would Granderson get on the market right now? Atleast a 5 year $90m deal. There is something called "market value"... econ 101 boys.

Yankees aren't getting rid of him because of production or because they think hes getting worse, they are getting rid of him because he will command a contract like that next year and they can't give it to him with the upcoming $189m tax.

Phil Hughes will also be a free agent and whether you like it or not, his market value is going to be that the likes of Anibal Sanchez (6 years $90m), especially since he's only going to be 27.

They are simply cashing out on their chips because they have in house replacements that figure to be ready next year. It's an awkward situation to witness as a Yankee fan right now because most of our lineup is being filled with buffers until the wave of young outfielders like Williams, Austin and Heathcott are ready. Williams will be next year and the other two will be the year after that. And they are on a budget and want to get younger.

So that being said, to answer some posts... Granderson will not be traded as a rental. If Hamilton's talks with the Rangers fall apart they would want to trade for and sign Granderson long term. If he gets traded to the Mariners, they will want to sign him long term. etc. etc.

That being said, any Mariner fans wanna do Granderson for Montero...? haha

vCash
    I don't think he's going to get traded. The Yankees have enough holes as it is and I don't think trading away their center fielder can help more than it will hurt the team.
    SPACE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DasBoot View Post
    Phil Hughes will also be a free agent and whether you like it or not, his market value is going to be that the likes of Anibal Sanchez (6 years $90m), especially since he's only going to be 27.
    A six-year deal worth around 90M for Phil Hughes? Lol no. He's average pitcher at best. Sanchez isn't.

And there's no bias against the Yankees. It's just the realization that he's overrated because of his HR totals that are inflated due to playing at Yankee Stadium and doesn't play very good defense.
    Last edited by SFrush90; 12-04-2012 at 04:41 PM.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    I think it's really funny that people have such biased against any Yankee on the market. I bet you if Cano was on the block like Granderson people would be screaming he's not worth it.

Think about it - What kind of contract would Granderson get on the market right now? Atleast a 5 year $90m deal. There is something called "market value"... econ 101 boys.

Yankees aren't getting rid of him because of production or because they think hes getting worse, they are getting rid of him because he will command a contract like that next year and they can't give it to him with the upcoming $189m tax.

They are simply cashing out on their chips because they have in house replacements that figure to be ready next year. It's an awkward situation to witness as a Yankee fan right now because most of our lineup is being filled with buffers until the wave of young outfielders like Williams, Austin and Heathcott are ready. Williams will be next year and the other two will be the year after that. And they are on a budget and want to get younger.

So that being said, to answer some posts... Granderson will not be traded as a rental. If Hamilton's talks with the Rangers fall apart they would want to trade for and sign Granderson long term. If he gets traded to the Mariners, they will want to sign him long term. etc. etc.

lolwut. Hughes has done not much to push himself out there as a reliable starter. Not to mention he serves up home runs at an absurd rate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    lolwut. Hughes has done not much to push himself out there as a reliable starter. Not to mention he serves up home runs at an absurd rate.
    I think he is Sergio Mitre's cousin.
    'Real' Yankee fans tell the truth about the team whether it is nice or not.

"Well, that kind of puts a damper on even a Yankee win."
    -- Yankees announcer Phil Rizzuto after reading a bulletin that Pope Paul VI had died

vCash
    Last impressions are the best impressions when it comes to Hughes.

If he has a very good year the market could open up for him.

I don't think anyone expected Haren to get 13 million this year.

vCash
    Oh I'm not saying he's worth it. The value is grossly inflated, and if you look at Sanchez - his is only this third year of being a "reliable starter". He pitched in the black hole that was Pro Player/Landshark what ever u call it field and then pitched at Comerica an even bigger black hole. His ERA is .5 better than Hughes and in the national league and in giant stadiums, and he's given up a decent amount of home runs as well in those giant fields. Though this year Hughes did give up a lot of bombs, he's a fly ball/strikeout pitcher in Yankee Stadium. I'll admit it was abnormal***

If Hughes put an identical year together, like Sanchez did of 9-13 with a 3.86 or even 4.0 ERA and had identical strike out numbers just as both did last year (Sanchez 167, Hughes 165) not to mention nearly identical whips (Hughes' was better) ...

Yeah you can bet he'll demand 6 years $90m

... Yankees aren't giving that out to anyone next year. It doesn't matter if Hughes went out there and clicked like Halladay did late in his 20's after many trials and tribulation and became a dominant ace. If that situation arose the ONLY way they would keep him is if they could move CC, which they couldn't.

*They are cashing in.
    Last edited by DasBoot; 12-04-2012 at 05:06 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Last impressions are the best impressions when it comes to Hughes.

If he has a very good year the market could open up for him.

I don't think anyone expected Haren to get 13 million this year.
    I think it was more of a very good track record from Haren, not being that old, and only a one-year deal. Hughes has yet to put together a good season as a starter. If he does well I could see someone overspending, but not 5/90 like the poster suggested.

Ariana Grande

vCash

That would be beyond great if all three of those guys made to the bigs, not even going to mention succeed, but HIGHLY unlikely. Having said that, I would take 2 out of 3 all day and twice on sunday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    I think it was more of a very good track record from Haren, not being that old, and only a one-year deal. Hughes has yet to put together a good season as a starter. If he does well I could see someone overspending, but not 5/90 the poster suggested.
    Yeah but the back is a concern as is the loss in velocity with Haren.

I know the wins are meaningless because the Yankees scored a bunch for Hughes and it's not difficult to win games when you on a team that wins between 95-100 games every year but i could see him putting together a decent season next year.

The SP market is not great next year (highlighted by Lincecum, Garza, and Lester if they don't pick up Lester's option first) either which certainly helps Hughes.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-04-2012 at 05:06 PM.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast