Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    Why wouldn't they Teixeira is a Maryland native, they tried to sign him when he was a free agent a couple of years back. For them,Teixeira is the middle of their lineup wouldbe a big boom---Span,Harper,Teixeira,Werth,Zimmerman,Tyler Moore,Desmond,Suzuki
    tex has a no trade and has publically said he has no desire to leave NY
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by devildog View Post
    Granderson and Hughes to the Mariners for king Felix.
    I will have some of what he is smoking.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mark1125 View Post
    He is not GG calibur anymore.
    His 25+ SB days are done.
    Power numbers greatly inflated by playing in NY.

Still a useful player, but if he were a legit 40/25 SB with a gold glove, teams would be beating down the door. At this point, he is a decent, but overrated (and overpaid for the budget conscious) player.
    Definitely.

But he's the spokesperson for MLB!! What an asset!!!!

vCash
    Nobody is giving up what the Yankees would want for him when he is a one year rental. Maybe if he came off of an .900+ OPS season and was a few years younger, but not right now. No way he gets traded unless they find a really dumb GM or Granderson agrees to sign an extension.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    Nobody is giving up what the Yankees would want for him when he is a one year rental. Maybe if he came off of an .900+ OPS season and was a few years younger, but not right now. No way he gets traded unless they find a really dumb GM or Granderson agrees to sign an extension.
    I wouldn't say "no way" but I see what you mean.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    Well that's silly. You would be getting one of the top pitchers in baseball and you offer a crappy pitcher and an overrated, inflated outfielder who's got one year left on his contract.

He's not a GG caliber defender. He's stolen 25+ bases only twice in his career, he probably won't even get 20 now. And he only has 40+ HR's because he plays at Yankee Stadium. He had 26HR at home and 17HR on the road last season.
    hes definitely a GG caliber defender... and that that yankee stadium argument is irrelevant... most of his homers are out in any park
    [

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    contenders take players on 1 year deals
    [

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoney85 View Post
    hes definitely a GG caliber defender... and that that yankee stadium argument is irrelevant... most of his homers are out in any park
    The homers thing, I believe I've seen a hit tracker for his HR in a neutral park and most of them aren't HR

vCash
    I read somewhere that the Braves may be interested in moving Brian McCann. I wonder if Granderson for McCann would work. The Yankees could use a catcher and either Granderson or BJ Upton could be shifted to LF in Atlanta. Just a thought.

vCash
    granderson for trout!
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoney85 View Post
    He is not a gold glove defender anymore. The last time he was that was in 2007. Four of the past five years he's had a negative UZR/150.

No, he benefitted from hitting at Yankee Stadium. Nine of his homer runs would have only gone out of the most hitter friendly ball parks, which makes his home run totals inflated.

http://hittrackeronline.com/detail.p...&type=ballpark

Ariana Grande

vCash
    Yeah, anywhere other than Yankee Stadium, he really isn't special.

vCash
    Yankee stadium makes a lot of left handed power hitters look good, that's why Cashman brings them in.

It's the Gene Michael philosophy of hitting..

Granderson really didn't show anything last year besides the home runs, i really don't know what his trade market value would be coming off a pretty mediocre 2011..

vCash
    if you look at his SB and believe it's a pattern, he should be good for 20+ SB in 2013. since 2007 he has alternated back and forth between 20+ SB season and 10+ SB season. if I had to pick I would say he's closer to the 10+ number in 2013, but seeing this would be a contract year would he run more often trying to raise his SB number in order to make himself look better and get more money?

vCash
    I don't believe in every other year patterns. People thought Aubrey Huff would have a good year this past season because four seasons in a row he was good, bad, good, bad.

Ariana Grande

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast