Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Victorino just got a 3 year 39 million dollar deal at 32 years old. Prime example - inflation of current market values.

If he got that, Granderson would get what on this market?
    5/90 - easy

If he puts the same power numbers up and raises his batting average to 250 hes getting 5/100

He's not going to be a Yankee, he will be traded in the coming days, count on it.
    They didn't trade what they traded for him to let him have a great year and slip off. They are keeping Cano, Granderson and Hughes will be gone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    I've got an idea. Trade him to Detroit for Austin Jackson.
    Where you going with this ?? Smh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsfan4ever View Post
    Is it really that hard for you to get what hes saying?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsfan4ever View Post
    Spell it out for you....

It's ironic because that's what the Tigers traded (along with Phil Coke) to get Granderson.

vCash
    Wish we had a young cheap Austin Jackson under control... The only reason the deal looks as bad as it does now in hind sight is because of the new bargaining agreement and the 189 tax. If the Yankees had known that, I feel like they might have approached things a little more delicately.

I can't complain. We got a WS on the backs of A Rod and CC and Tex was great the entire time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brewerboy View Post
    Granderson for Paxton I could see....
    Yuck. A year of a 32 year old on the decline for a possible #3 starter?
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    I would say Teixeira, 23.123 mil.
    I'd rather deal Teixeira(Maryland native) to Washington for Danny Espinoza( 25 yrs old,switch hitter, can play SS/2B/3B .247Avg. 17 Hr 56 RBI 20 SB made 506k) Mike Morse(30 yrs old,Righthanded hitter, can play 1B/LF/RF .291 Avg. 18 HR 62 RBI in 406 AB's gonna make 7 mil this yr), Wilson Ramos(25 yrs old, Righthanded hitting catcher who was out last yr because of a torn ACL but hit .267 15 HR 52 RBI in 389 AB's made 491k last yr) and a prospect. This would also clear cash for Ichiro .283 9 HR 55 RBI 29 SB's.
    How's that for a deal?
    HAHAHAHA this is a joke!!

There is no way in the world the Nats make that deal. 3 major leaguers and a prospect for an overpaid aging 1st baseman? YEAH RIGHT!
    -

vCash
    Ethier and Capuano for Granderson...

I can dream can't I?

Dodgers, Lakers, Raiders.
    Fok Jelle Naiers

They`re = contraction of they are
    There = used to describe location
    Their = pronoun used to describe belonging
    Should've = contraction of should have
    Should of = makes no sense at all

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    Shhh don't tell the Yankee forum. No such thing as "rebuilding" there.
    It's not rebuilding. It's "retooling" With less expensive, less used tool that haven't been used enough yet to know if they really work.

I'm all for Granderson being traded. Use his money to help elsewhere.
    I have no problem with signing Ichiro to play RF and gardner in left. Then give Dickerson a chance to play or at least be a stop gap in Center.
    Or if we can find a corner OF, move gardner to CF.

Is Bourne still available?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DasBoot View Post
    Oh I'm not saying he's worth it. The value is grossly inflated, and if you look at Sanchez - his is only this third year of being a "reliable starter". He pitched in the black hole that was Pro Player/Landshark what ever u call it field and then pitched at Comerica an even bigger black hole. His ERA is .5 better than Hughes and in the national league and in giant stadiums, and he's given up a decent amount of home runs as well in those giant fields. Though this year Hughes did give up a lot of bombs, he's a fly ball/strikeout pitcher in Yankee Stadium. I'll admit it was abnormal***

If Hughes put an identical year together, like Sanchez did of 9-13 with a 3.86 or even 4.0 ERA and had identical strike out numbers just as both did last year (Sanchez 167, Hughes 165) not to mention nearly identical whips (Hughes' was better) ...

Yeah you can bet he'll demand 6 years $90m

... Yankees aren't giving that out to anyone next year. It doesn't matter if Hughes went out there and clicked like Halladay did late in his 20's after many trials and tribulation and became a dominant ace. If that situation arose the ONLY way they would keep him is if they could move CC, which they couldn't.

*They are cashing in.
    well that doesnt mean he's going to get it. you can ask for whatever you want
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    I would say Teixeira, 23.123 mil.
    I'd rather deal Teixeira(Maryland native) to Washington for Danny Espinoza( 25 yrs old,switch hitter, can play SS/2B/3B .247Avg. 17 Hr 56 RBI 20 SB made 506k) Mike Morse(30 yrs old,Righthanded hitter, can play 1B/LF/RF .291 Avg. 18 HR 62 RBI in 406 AB's gonna make 7 mil this yr), Wilson Ramos(25 yrs old, Righthanded hitting catcher who was out last yr because of a torn ACL but hit .267 15 HR 52 RBI in 389 AB's made 491k last yr) and a prospect. This would also clear cash for Ichiro .283 9 HR 55 RBI 29 SB's.
    How's that for a deal?
    Becuase unloding an aging, overpayed veteran for all the inexpensive youth another team has realy ever happens.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by devildog View Post
    Granderson and Hughes to the Mariners for king Felix.
    Yeah, sure. While you're at it, see if the Mariners throw in Jesus Montero for Joba Chamberlain?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    granderson for trout!
    Really? You honestly believe the Angels are set on trading Trout. I'm guessing this is just wishful thinking. Maybe if the Yankees include Teixeira (becaue the Angels have a tremendous need for another 1B - that Pujols guys really sucks!) and are willing to take Mike Trumbo off the Angels hands along with Trout, everyone will be happy.

vCash
    Granderson's a great guy, but he hasn't batted over .270 in 5 years, and in 3 of those he was under .250. To go with that, his OBP has only been over .320 once in the last 4 years. Sure the 43 home runs and 106 RBIs look nice, but the guy is a black hole at the plate otherwise. 75 walks and 195 strikeouts is atrocious. Is that a guy that's worth the 5 year contract he's gonna look for at big dollar value? Absolutely not. Trade him now for whatever you can get, get under that $189m next year, and then go on a spree if players are available.

vCash
    There was a rumor on twitter that Yanks were working on terms of a deal sending Grandy to Kansas City for Alex Gordon, anyone know anything of that? I can't find nothing besides some ahole's post.

Next, would you guys do that deal? I'm still debating

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast