Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Granderson Could Get Traded

The Yankees are open to trade scenarios involving Curtis Granderson, according to ESPN's Buster Olney (Twitter link). Olney notes that moving Granderson's $15MM salary would give general manager Brian Cashman more flexibility this offseason.

Granderson will turn 32 next March and has seen his power numbers soar in the homer-friendly Yankee Stadium. Over the past two seasons he's batted .247/.342/.522 with a whopping 84 homers. Following a fourth-place finish in MVP voting in 2011 though, Granderson saw his walk rate decline and his strikeout rate rise substantially in 2012.

Several teams are looking for center field help, though the market has shrunk with the signings of B.J. Upton and Angel Pagan and the Nationals' acquisition of Denard Span. The Phillies and Mariners strike me as teams in need of outfield help that could take on Granderson's hefty salary, but that's just my speculation.

Cashman said in late October that he would keep an open mind in regards to trading Granderson, but stressed the difficulty of replacing a 40-homer bat in center field.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#46r1OzooeJ3693MV.99
    I think Yankees are looking for a catcher...but this would also leave them with 2 outfield holes. So, not sure. Interesting.

vCash
    what's the worst contract the yankees have after A-Rod?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    what's the worst contract the yankees have after A-Rod?
    Meaning largest number, or worst value?
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    True, if they didnt have RF to worry about I would say go for it. I hate how he's become a HR hitter. When he first came to the yankees it looked like he was just turning the corner and about to become a great hitter overall. He saw the short porch and now hes a high strikeout, high home run hitter. Yet, he will demand a considerable amount of money so its better if they try to move him.

Btw, did anyone else hear the story about Ichiro and how the yankees were worried about having him and gardner in the corners because they were looking for power? w.t.f. that lineup has plenty of power and what it needs is another dimension (i.e. speed). They can have ichiro for another year, maybe two, and wait until the FA class beefs up a bit. I really don't like the power-only direction they're going in. I know they've been that way for a some time, but it seems to be getting out of hand in the new stadium.

vCash
    I've got an idea. Trade him to Detroit for Austin Jackson.

vCash
    Wonder what they would be looking for in return...
    New York Yankees
    FC Bayern Munchen

Bundesliga: Wins- 25 / Draw- 3 / Loss- 2
    DFB-Pokal-Wins- 5 / Loss- 0 Finals vs Borussia Dortmund
    Champions League- Semi-Finals vs. Real Madrid.

1st Leg- April 23rd in Madrid.
    2nd Leg- April 29th in Munich.

vCash
    If I'm the Yankees I wouldn't trade him.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Unless a team offers something overwhelming.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    sounds like an unannounced rebuilding mode

vCash
    The only reason the Yankees would trade Granderson is to make room for Josh Hamilton type contract. That means a salary dump. Check out the package the Marlins got from the Jays in a salary dump. Actually trading for equal value, requires the Yankees to eat a significant posrtion of Granderson's salary. Not impossible, but if the Yankees are serious about staying UNDER the $180 million threshold set by ownership, the real question is how does paying a portion of a player's salary, whom you traded, affect your team's salary and the effect it has on your paying into the equalization pool? If not at all, then certainly the Yankees can trade Granderson and eat up to $10 million of salary for 1 year while not affecting their budgetary goal. If it counts against their team payroll, then the Yankees will have to pull a "Marlins" to unlode Granderson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    Meaning largest number, or worst value?
    i guess worst value, is there any 1 or 2 you have in mind

vCash
    If he's made available, I definitely think Seattle inquires.
    I'm In.

vCash
    I would say Teixeira, 23.123 mil.
    I'd rather deal Teixeira(Maryland native) to Washington for Danny Espinoza( 25 yrs old,switch hitter, can play SS/2B/3B .247Avg. 17 Hr 56 RBI 20 SB made 506k) Mike Morse(30 yrs old,Righthanded hitter, can play 1B/LF/RF .291 Avg. 18 HR 62 RBI in 406 AB's gonna make 7 mil this yr), Wilson Ramos(25 yrs old, Righthanded hitting catcher who was out last yr because of a torn ACL but hit .267 15 HR 52 RBI in 389 AB's made 491k last yr) and a prospect. This would also clear cash for Ichiro .283 9 HR 55 RBI 29 SB's.
    How's that for a deal?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    I would say Teixeira, 23.123 mil.
    I'd rather deal Teixeira(Maryland native) to Washington for Danny Espinoza( 25 yrs old,switch hitter, can play SS/2B/3B .247Avg. 17 Hr 56 RBI 20 SB made 506k) Mike Morse(30 yrs old,Righthanded hitter, can play 1B/LF/RF .291 Avg. 18 HR 62 RBI in 406 AB's gonna make 7 mil this yr), Wilson Ramos(25 yrs old, Righthanded hitting catcher who was out last yr because of a torn ACL but hit .267 15 HR 52 RBI in 389 AB's made 491k last yr) and a prospect. This would also clear cash for Ichiro .283 9 HR 55 RBI 29 SB's.
    How's that for a deal?
    I don't see why the nationals would be motivated to make that deal.

vCash
    Granderson and Hughes to the Mariners for king Felix.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast