Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I'm sorry, wasn't I the one saying Granderson would be moved???? People were calling me crazy. It's simple, he's not going to be on the team next year. This isn't rebuilding, this is cashing out on an investment.

They will likely flip who ever they get for him in another deal for a bat under team control.

... Or Olt which I've been calling for for a while as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DasBoot View Post
    I'm sorry, wasn't I the one saying Granderson would be moved???? People were calling me crazy. It's simple, he's not going to be on the team next year. This isn't rebuilding, this is cashing out on an investment.

They will likely flip who ever they get for him in another deal for a bat under team control.

True

I would like Olt do you think Texas will make a trade with the Yankees?
    If so who else beside Granderson will the Yanks have to give up.

vCash

Yup, yup

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPORT FAN View Post
    True

I would like Olt do you think Texas will make a trade with the Yankees?
    If so who else beside Granderson will the Yanks have to give up.
    It would take a lot more than just Granderson.

vCash
    The East seems to be improving and there are some other pretty tough teams in the AL (Detroit, Texas, California). I think its time for us to do a mini re-build for the future since I really don't see this team, as it is currently composed, making a run given our money constraints.

1. Trade Sabbathia to Texas for a package containing Profar, Olt and prospects. We get our future 3B and SS. Texas gets the ace they have been looking for to replace Cliff Lee and take a shot at a WS title. Sabbathia was great, but not necessary if we are not in a position to make a run.

2. Trade Granderson to Seattle and get some prospects. They have the best farm system in the league. Grandy gives them a little more offense. We get more pieces. No way we can re-sign him any way and he's on the wrong side of 30.

3. Trade Cano to the Marlins for Stanton. Add a prospect or two if necessary. We get a stud to re-build around. They get to swap Cano for a ton of prospects at the trade deadline. Crazy for the Marlins to trade Stanton, but he's unhappy and is going to be a problem. They get a latin american superstar to pacify the fans.

4. Send Tex to Washington for prospects. They lost LaRoach and need a solid 1B and power hitter to make a couple of runs.

5. Explore the price of David Price and/or Justin Upton in terms of prospects and only make a deal if it makes sense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kj244 View Post
    The East seems to be improving and there are some other pretty tough teams in the AL (Detroit, Texas, California). I think its time for us to do a mini re-build for the future since I really don't see this team, as it is currently composed, making a run given our money constraints.

1. Trade Sabbathia to Texas for a package containing Profar, Olt and prospects. We get our future 3B and SS. Texas gets the ace they have been looking for to replace Cliff Lee and take a shot at a WS title. Sabbathia was great, but not necessary if we are not in a position to make a run.

2. Trade Granderson to Seattle and get some prospects. They have the best farm system in the league. Grandy gives them a little more offense. We get more pieces. No way we can re-sign him any way and he's on the wrong side of 30.

3. Trade Cano to the Marlins for Stanton. Add a prospect or two if necessary. We get a stud to re-build around. They get to swap Cano for a ton of prospects at the trade deadline. Crazy for the Marlins to trade Stanton, but he's unhappy and is going to be a problem. They get a latin american superstar to pacify the fans.

4. Send Tex to Washington for prospects. They lost LaRoach and need a solid 1B and power hitter to make a couple of runs.

5. Explore the price of David Price and/or Justin Upton in terms of prospects and only make a deal if it makes sense.
    If you were the Marlins, would you do that deal ?

vCash

You can turn your PS3 off now.

It starts...02/25/09

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yank-Knick-Up View Post
    MARLINS ARE NOT TRADING STANTON ! Omg ! For ppl who think they no so much ****, you should all know that by now. Why would the Marlins trade young for old ? Come on !
    agreed theirs no way they move him for anything short a of premier young SS, good young pitching and some fillers. A trade of Profar plus for Stanton makes alot of sense for both teams
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jokemaker View Post
    Good to hear but I doubt any team would give up what the Yanks would want in a likely trade.
    I'm not sure about that, the top OFers are quickly being signed and their is some team thats going to be left with a huge need. Cashman could leverage that into a couple very good prospect

Olt would be a great fit, steps in for Arod at 3rd this yr and has big time potential. I think alot of people are way undervaluing Granderson. Teams are paying a ton for guys like Pagan who isn't anywhere close to as good as Grandy.

We might be down on him because other than his HR's last yr he has a sub par yr but its incredibly difficult to find a guy that hits 35-40+ hrs a yr especially from the CF position

vCash

HOW MANY GOD DAMN TIMES YOU GUYS NEED TO BE REMINDED THAT NO TRADE CLAUSES EXIST AND CAN'T JUST BE IGNORED OR WORKED AROUND!!!!!!!!

come on guys, tex, cc, arod, arent going anywhere
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    For the people who think that the Yankees are going to trade granderson or hughes for someone like stanton, you keep believing that. And to the people who think trading granderson means will will sign a big FA, I dont think that will happen either. I saw on mlb trade rumors, yanks execs. still believe the team can compete without those guys. Makes it sound like trading those guys just to open up a few more 1 year deals. Doesnt make sense to me though.

vCash
    If the Yankees are going to get anyone, it's Justin Upton.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yank-Knick-Up View Post
    If the Yankees are going to get anyone, it's Justin Upton.
    Rangers look like the front runners for Upton. The dbacks are asking for a lot in return.

vCash

MLB The Show says hi.

vCash
    Gardner center Upton RF? is this what is going to happen or josh in LF

vCash
    Let's just trade everybody. Whee!

Welcome to KC, Miss Kacie!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast