Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    He would have to get 200 hits this year and 197 hits next year for 3,000.

At his age, it's possible..but HIGHLY unlikely.

He had 184 hits in 2011 and 178 in 2012. His hits have gone down every year since 2009. I don't see them going back up.
    I'm not saying he will get 400 hitsr the next two seasons, but when you look at those numbers you have to calculate for the fact that Ichiro was probably hitting behind one of the worst lineups in the majors. How well would you do having 8 guys hitting behind you with a .200 batting average? I don't have any hard facts to back me up, but I highly doubt ichiro saw one good pitch to hit during his last two seasons in Seattle. That coupled with simple boredom may have contributed to his lackluster numbers. When he came to the yankees and was much better protected in in the lineup and had the chance to actually play for something he looked like the old Ichiro.
    "I'm an administrator. I'm a good listener. I would not pass myself off as an evaluator of talent"

- Brian Cashman, GM of the Yankees

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    Hey Pootamis91, don't forget a deal like the one you're suggesting also frees up alot of money to sign somebody or even take on a big contract.
    honestly my plan would be deal Granderson over to Texas for Olt/Profar then use the money freed up sign Bourn or AJ and Liriano

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pootamis91 View Post
    honestly my plan would be deal Granderson over to Texas for Olt/Profar then use the money freed up sign Bourn or AJ and Liriano
    We'd have no power in the OF.

vCash
    I'm sorry, but who's AJ?
    And the only power hitting OFers left are Ross and Swisher.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    I'm sorry, but who's AJ?
    And the only power hitting OFers left are Ross and Swisher.
    Pierzynski

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeesown69 View Post
    Pierzynski
    Pierzynski and Liriano yes. to answer anothers comment above the Yankees don't need to have a big power OF

vCash
    Well, it looks like the Yankees wont be getting Hamilton. The Angels just got him. They need to just sign AJ at catcher, they are signing Ichiro as we speak and sign Delmon Young. Try to trade Granderson for some prospects and get this over with already.

vCash
    Rangers won't give up Profar for Upton why would they do it for Granderson.. duh

vCash
    The yankees should get on the phone with texas and work something out before they trade their prospects for ra dickey.. Granderson and hughes for a nice haul would work for me. Yes granderson puts up 40 hrs but so what. Id rather have a guy like bernie williams in center where the most Hrs he ever hit was 30 and he was a .297 hitter. We need good all around guys. And talk about being overpriced. Granderson will want more than the $15 million hes making next year. If we didnt have Arod or texs contracts or have to worry about cano then, yea its a no brainer. But trade him now instead of getting the pick next year. I know he hasnt been healthy in a few years but why dont we try out grady sizemore for a year. Guy was a great 20-20 player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marciano42 View Post
    Well, it looks like the Yankees wont be getting Hamilton. The Angels just got him. They need to just sign AJ at catcher, they are signing Ichiro as we speak and sign Delmon Young. Try to trade Granderson for some prospects and get this over with already.
    That Angels lineup is scary good.

Derek Jeter is a lucky man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pootamis91 View Post
    There are women's softball teams that have more OF power than Ichiro-Bourne-Gardner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Chughes View Post
    It was last year too and look where it got them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    There are women's softball teams that have more OF power than Ichiro-Bourne-Gardner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    It was last year too and look where it got them.
    True. Plus the will need to outhit everyone since they only have 2 pitchers....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Chughes View Post
    If the angles had 2010 Hamilton with 2010 pujols they'd have them most feared three hitters in baseball. At this point I'm uncertain what you can expect from those two.
    "I'm an administrator. I'm a good listener. I would not pass myself off as an evaluator of talent"

- Brian Cashman, GM of the Yankees

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast