Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    None of that has to do with my point. I've said he's good, simply overrated by some. And at this point, he's not the same guy anymore. I mean, ARod has a ton of accolades. But we know he's not the ARod of 2005.
    I think he's the best of his kind, not the best ever, if that makes sense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Depends on how you rate him.

The guy was a slap hitter with speed and great defense. Nothing more. He got a ton of hits, but he also never drew walks and had little power. And I'm not talking HR power. Even gap power for extra base hits. Honestly, a cavern like Safeco should have actually helped him get some XBHs. So if you think we was a very good ball player, no argument. If you claim he's a top 10 hitter of all time, which I've heard, you're simply wrong.
    How do you view Pete Rose? Toby Gwynn? Rod Carew? Boggs?

When did I say he's top 10? Are you drinking this weekend? Jeez.

Ichiro came over from Japan and DOMINATED for ten years. Easily one of the top 10 hitters doing the last ten years. He is an artist with the bat. If he played in Fenway he'd have more doubles. If he played in Wrigley, more homers.

He isn't a gap hitter. He is a singles hitter and on base machine, speed and stellar defense.

If I were starting a team in 2002 and had anyone to chose from, I'd have a hard time not building my franchise around him, at least offensively.

vCash
    Yes, and I prefer guys who gets hits over walks. Walks don't score a guy from 2nd or 3rd or allow a guy to go from 1st to 3rd.

People who count walks 'as good as a hit' are not smart.

Swing the fkn bat. Make contact. Good things happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by masher44 View Post
    How do you view Pete Rose? Toby Gwynn? Rod Carew? Boggs?

When did I say he's top 10? Are you drinking this weekend? Jeez.

Ichiro came over from Japan and DOMINATED for ten years. Easily one of the top 10 hitters doing the last ten years. He is an artist with the bat. If he played in Fenway he'd have more doubles. If he played in Wrigley, more homers.

He isn't a gap hitter. He is a singles hitter and on base machine, speed and stellar defense.

If I were starting a team in 2002 and had anyone to chose from, I'd have a hard time not building my franchise around him, at least offensively.
    So then agree with me. If you think he's a great ballplayer, but not a top 10 hitter, why argue?

And he's not a singles hitter and OBP machine. Guys like Pujols, Giambi, ARod, Berkman, and Jones also had awesome OBP. And those dudes also hit for power. So, my point is as simple as it ever was. If you view Ichiro as a great player, but not an all time great, good for you. If you think he's an all time great, you are simply incorrect.

And, like very player ever, he's now in decline. And at this point, I prefer lots of mediocre options over him. I'd prefer not to pay for a name and stats from 2005.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Yes, and I prefer guys who gets hits over walks. Walks don't score a guy from 2nd or 3rd or allow a guy to go from 1st to 3rd.

People who count walks 'as good as a hit' are not smart.

Swing the fkn bat. Make contact. Good things happen.
    Leo likes it when guys use the wood!

Welcome to KC, Miss Kacie!

vCash
    I don't care what anyone says Ichiro is an absolute master with the bat and IMO was definitely a top 10 player in the league for most of his career in Seattle. Living in the Seattle area i got a chance to watch him alot. In batting practice the guy would hit HR after HR so he definitely had the power to hit more HRs if get got the right pitch to hit

Their were times in his career when he had such good bat control it seemed like he could almost place the ball anywhere he wanted. His incredible bat couple with his speed and defense he was a phenomenal player.

While i don't think it he is one of the 10 best hitters ever because he doesn't have the power numbers to back it but he was definitely 1 of the best at what he did.

Unless they can sign Hamilton which i think is unlikely i think u almost have to bring him back. With losing Swisher, Martin, Chavez ans Arod for most of the yr our offense has to come from somewhere.

That being said with an eye toward our future if we could get some team to give us 2-3 really good prospects above A ball it would be hard to turn down

vCash
    I'd try to deal Granderson to the Rockies for Tyler Colvin and Josh Rutledge... Good young outfielder and second basemen/SS ...

Another option would possibly be a deal with the White Sox for both Alejandro De Aza and Dayan Viciedo. White Sox are looking for that left handed bat and are dangling both...

vCash
    Sorry I'm weighing in late with this but how can you guys say Ichiro isn't one of the greats, granted not in the top 10 best hitters but he's about 300-350 hits away from 3,000 for his American baseball career, and everyone who's had 3,000 hits has been put into the Hall of Fame.
    As far as making a deal with the white sox for de aza and viciedo, I wouldn't neither is a prospect or even young plus viciedo is a poor fielder. I think we can get more for Granderson now that Hamilton signed with the Angels--Texas might be desperate now that they lost Grienke and Hamilton and dealt away Young.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    Sorry I'm weighing in late with this but how can you guys say Ichiro isn't one of the greats, granted not in the top 10 best hitters but he's about 300-350 hits away from 3,000 for his American baseball career, and everyone who's had 3,000 hits has been put into the Hall of Fame.
    As far as making a deal with the white sox for de aza and viciedo, I wouldn't neither is a prospect or even young plus viciedo is a poor fielder. I think we can get more for Granderson now that Hamilton signed with the Angels--Texas might be desperate now that they lost Grienke and Hamilton and dealt away Young.
    397 hits.

vCash
    Texas won't take a one year contract, and, Yankees won't trade Granderson because we need power.

vCash
    And Arizona is saying they're not dealing Upton now that they got their SS of the future in Didi Gregorio.

vCash
    Which sucks. I wish Yankees can get him.

vCash
    I can see Texas offering Olt and Profar with some other specs for Stanton. I think the deal makes sense for both clubs.

vCash
    That's the point of this forum, it was reported the Yanks are listening to offers for Granderson. As for as the Yanks needing power if Granderson was traded to Texas we would definitely be getting a package starting with Olt-a power hitting 3B.

vCash
    That's the point of this forum, it was reported the Yanks are listening to offers for Granderson. As for as the Yanks needing power if Granderson was traded to Texas we would definitely be getting a package starting with Olt-a power hitting 3B.
    I just dont see Texas doing this. I would love it but I doubt they give up Olt for 1 year of Granderson.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast