Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Ichiro sucks. People can't get over it. He was vastly overrated in his prime and is now a shell of that. He's a backup, a plan C. He should not be a starting OFer.

People are making fun of Schierholtz, yet he's been a better player than Ichiro the last 2 seasons. They're calling into question Reynolds OBP, yet Reynolds has a better OBP than Ichiro, and has also been the better offensive player.
    dont sugar coat it ry, tell us how you really feel!
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 11 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)

vCash
    I would trade Grandyman for the best package of positional player prospects, seeing we have a weak farm system in which we don't even use other then to trade for some useless veteran.

vCash
    Ichiro sucks. People can't get over it. He was vastly overrated in his prime and is now a shell of that. He's a backup, a plan C. He should not be a starting OFer.

People are making fun of Schierholtz, yet he's been a better player than Ichiro the last 2 seasons. They're calling into question Reynolds OBP, yet Reynolds has a better OBP than Ichiro, and has also been the better offensive player.
    Vastly overrated in his prime? Really?

vCash
    Grandy is going to suck dog balls this year. Breaking Rob Deers records and Adam Dunns

vCash
    I'd resign Grandy, Sign Josh and trade Cano

vCash
    I'd trade Grandy in a heartbeat if we could get a spec that is very close to ML ready, but if that's not the case I'd rather keep him to weather this storm until we get under $189 million

"We the best in the league, Tony!"

vCash
    I'd trade Granderson in a heartbeat if we can get back some value. Other than his HR production, he has little value IMO. I believe that the only reason he hits 40 HRs a year is because of Yankee Stadium. He is a below average defender in CF and strikes out way too much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by masher44 View Post
    Vastly overrated in his prime? Really?
    Depends on how you rate him.

The guy was a slap hitter with speed and great defense. Nothing more. He got a ton of hits, but he also never drew walks and had little power. And I'm not talking HR power. Even gap power for extra base hits. Honestly, a cavern like Safeco should have actually helped him get some XBHs. So if you think we was a very good ball player, no argument. If you claim he's a top 10 hitter of all time, which I've heard, you're simply wrong.

vCash
    Perhaps if the Mariners strike out by getting the hitters they want they would be willing to give up LHPs Danny Hultzen and Tyler Pike for granderson. Maybe we can get montero back to catch

vCash
    Depends on how you rate him.

The guy was a slap hitter with speed and great defense. Nothing more. He got a ton of hits, but he also never drew walks and had little power. And I'm not talking HR power. Even gap power for extra base hits. Honestly, a cavern like Safeco should have actually helped him get some XBHs. So if you think we was a very good ball player, no argument. If you claim he's a top 10 hitter of all time, which I've heard, you're simply wrong.
    He also has a .322 Career BA with RISP and a .331 BA with RISP w/2 outs. It doesn't get more clutch than that.
    "I'm an administrator. I'm a good listener. I would not pass myself off as an evaluator of talent"

- Brian Cashman, GM of the Yankees

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    He also has a .322 Career BA with RISP and a .331 BA with RISP w/2 outs. It doesn't get more clutch than that.
    So his career batting average matches his batting average with RISP. How is that clutch? Seems to me it simply means he's the same hitter he always was.

vCash
    So his career batting average matches his batting average with RISP. How is that clutch? Seems to me it simply means he's the same hitter he always was.
    Look at Robinson Cano's career BA with RISP and RISP with two outs and compare it with his career BA and tell me that.
    "I'm an administrator. I'm a good listener. I would not pass myself off as an evaluator of talent"

- Brian Cashman, GM of the Yankees

vCash
    Itchy is an excellent player. Anyone who thinks otherwise is blind.

10 all star games
    10 gold gloves

Oh, and he has a career .346 avg and .400 obp in the postseason.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Jake. Future Buffet Champion and New Leo ManCrush.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post

10 all star games
    10 gold gloves

Boom

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post

10 all star games
    10 gold gloves

None of that has to do with my point. I've said he's good, simply overrated by some. And at this point, he's not the same guy anymore. I mean, ARod has a ton of accolades. But we know he's not the ARod of 2005.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast