Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 147
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Great Northeast
    Posts
    29,381
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by djall10 View Post
    I get what you're saying, but as the market of these below average players drys up, it might make Cashman and Brothers NEED to make a deal...I am kind of glad all the Keppingers, Schierholtz, Chavez types are not signing. It makes them be creative and not just sign 1 year stop gaps.

    Plus, Reynolds would not be bad and has a higher OBP than Ichiro*... *footnote: credit goes to Ry!
    Ichiro sucks. People can't get over it. He was vastly overrated in his prime and is now a shell of that. He's a backup, a plan C. He should not be a starting OFer.

    People are making fun of Schierholtz, yet he's been a better player than Ichiro the last 2 seasons. They're calling into question Reynolds OBP, yet Reynolds has a better OBP than Ichiro, and has also been the better offensive player.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    321
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MAINE YANKEE View Post
    Trade Grandyman for some top notch prospects and then sign Bourne for less money
    For what ? Might as well keep Granderson, who can 40-homers. If Grandy is traded, Hamilton will be a Yankee

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    25,653
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Ichiro sucks. People can't get over it. He was vastly overrated in his prime and is now a shell of that. He's a backup, a plan C. He should not be a starting OFer.

    People are making fun of Schierholtz, yet he's been a better player than Ichiro the last 2 seasons. They're calling into question Reynolds OBP, yet Reynolds has a better OBP than Ichiro, and has also been the better offensive player.
    I love that u hate Itchy when he was actually our best player in the stretch run and playoffs.

    Stats schmats.

    That dude is a baseball player. Does everything right to help a team win.

    I'd even say that he was the ONLY guy I wanted up in a big spot in the playoffs. Well, besides Babe Ibanez.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day


    Bummer. The Core Be No More.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Great Northeast
    Posts
    29,381
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    I love that u hate Itchy when he was actually our best player in the stretch run and playoffs.

    Stats schmats.

    That dude is a baseball player. Does everything right to help a team win.

    I'd even say that he was the ONLY guy I wanted up in a big spot in the playoffs. Well, besides Babe Ibanez.

    Exactly. It's fun to replace facts with fiction to prove your point.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    25,653
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Exactly. It's fun to replace facts with fiction to prove your point.
    Eyes prove points, not paper.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day


    Bummer. The Core Be No More.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Janesville, WI
    Posts
    1,363
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Eyes prove points, not paper.
    I agree, Ichiro was great for us. I'd take him on a one year deal, any day.
    The Beginning of a Dynasty

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    25,653
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Marques24kobe View Post
    I agree, Ichiro was great for us. I'd take him on a one year deal, any day.
    Baseball player.

    Nuff said.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day


    Bummer. The Core Be No More.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    connecticut
    Posts
    21,627
    vCash
    1500
    Ichiro was great for us last year. Both the stats and eyetest says so. There is no denying that.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    25,653
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan54 View Post
    Ichiro was great for us last year. Both the stats and eyetest says so. There is no denying that.
    No no no....apparently Nate Sherholz was better based on his xfip war plus stat.

    Leo's Thought Of The Day


    Bummer. The Core Be No More.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Great Northeast
    Posts
    29,381
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan54 View Post
    Ichiro was great for us last year. Both the stats and eyetest says so. There is no denying that.
    Ichiro was good for us and a subpar player the last 2 years. Do we think that @ 39 he's likely to produce the way he did for 2 months or should we use the last 2 years for basing judgement? Because for the last 2 years he's been a below average offensive player.

    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    No no no....apparently Nate Sherholz was better based on his xfip war plus stat.

    I'd make 2 simple points.

    The eyeball test only works if you're watching all the guys. I'd imagine if you watched Schierholtz you would think he passes the eyeball test as well.

    And as far as stats go, even the simple ones tell you which player was better. Nate has rocked a better OPS than Ichiro for the last 2 seasons.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,578
    vCash
    1500
    don't know if this were to happen but would anyone here do one of these trades

    To Phillies
    Granderson

    To Yankees
    Brown
    Mayberry
    mid pitching prospect

    or

    To Sea
    Granderson
    Nova

    To Yankees
    Walker
    low prospect

    both of these trades would free up money for the Yankees to get more quality players while ejecting youth to the team


    Yankees Offseason Wishlist

    1. Explore trades to unload big contracts ( )
    2. Resign Robertson ( )
    3. Acquire a 2nd or 3rd basemen( )
    4. Explore deals/free agency to get a young SS ( )
    5. Take a page out of the Royals book and make a deep bullpen ( )

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Aspen
    Posts
    1,788
    vCash
    1500
    phillies got their guy already.

    i'd bring ichiro back, but as a compliment to something else. the offense has to come from somewhere.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    321
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Dunn View Post
    phillies got their guy already.

    i'd bring ichiro back, but as a compliment to something else. the offense has to come from somewhere.
    Who ? Ben Revere ? That's nothing.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    204
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Yank-Knick-Up View Post
    Who ? Ben Revere ? That's nothing.
    Michael Young?

  15. #75
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    321
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nytimeseditor View Post
    Michael Young?
    He hasn't been traded yet.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •