Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yank-Knick-Up View Post
    It frees up money for them to sign Hamilton.
    I'm talking about it from Philadelphia's perspective...preferring Grandy to Upton doesn't make sense in any way

Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post

The division is going to be ran by the Sixers and Raptors in three years. Book it.

vCash
    The only reason to trade Granderson is for the Yankee to sign Hamilton. Period.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnickaBocka.44 View Post
    I'm talking about it from Philadelphia's perspective...preferring Grandy to Upton doesn't make sense in any way
    Yes, I know, I believe Philly is on Hamilton.

vCash
    If they can trade grandy then sign hamilton i would be impressed. Hopefully they can bring Ichiro back also.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by devildog View Post
    If they can trade grandy then sign hamilton i would be impressed. Hopefully they can bring Ichiro back also.
    Gardner, Hamilton and Ichiro in the outfield? Please.

vCash
    Damm the more I think about it the more it makes sense..
    Just ink Josh now.. even if we don't deal Granderson

He isn't trying to get a 10 year mega deal like Cano and we aren't going to keep Grandy after this year and next year we lose a ton of Salary (80 million). We also DO NOT need to be under the 189 until next year..

Adding Josh makes our team the best in the AL East even if we play scrub no names at catcher and 3b until Alex returns.. so screw it.. do it up Cashmoney..

On top of that we remove the big guy from the market which might actually make it easier to deal Granderson... It's risky, but not that bad worse comes to worse we cut ties with Curtis at the end of the season.. no big deal..

vCash
    Do you guys understand that there are not going to be any big improvements? They were just "chasing" after Nate Schierholtz and didn't even get him...
    Cashman was targeting him with Josh Hamilton and ichiro on the market. The Yankees are obviously trying to cut money and fast. I see Granderson being traded for an average OF that is being underpaid as of right now, but not as good as Granderson....some like Sin Shoo Choo or something like that.

Eduardo Nunez will be playing 3rd base, David Adams will be our bench IF, Cervelli will be starting at catcher, Gardner will be in Center, Granderson or whatever OF we trade for will be in left and someone from AAA or maybe Ichiro will be in right field.

That's just the way the new Steinbrenners are running the team. They don't want to spend any money for some reason. Maybe they're gearing up for 2014, but I honestly don't know who's a FA to wait for at that point.

The ONLY "big" signing I can see them making is Mark Reynolds for third base, which would only contribute to our problem of horrible OBP and too many strikeouts.

My Lineup projection for Opening day: Gardner CF, Jeter SS, Tex 1B, Cano 2B, Granderson LF, Mark Reynolds DH, Eduardo Nunez 3B, Ronnier Mustelier RF, Francisco Cervelli C

vCash
    If we trade grandy + cash to cover some of his contract, does that cash technically stay on our official payroll?

vCash
    JIM BOWDEN ‏@JimBowdenESPNxm
    Josh Hamilton first choice remains Texas but if they sign Greinke & decide they don"t want to spend on both then Seattle is his fall-back.

Man, the M's have become the Yankees West.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenKnight15 View Post
    Do you guys understand that there are not going to be any big improvements? They were just "chasing" after Nate Schierholtz and didn't even get him...
    Cashman was targeting him with Josh Hamilton and ichiro on the market. The Yankees are obviously trying to cut money and fast. I see Granderson being traded for an average OF that is being underpaid as of right now, but not as good as Granderson....some like Sin Shoo Choo or something like that.

Eduardo Nunez will be playing 3rd base, David Adams will be our bench IF, Cervelli will be starting at catcher, Gardner will be in Center, Granderson or whatever OF we trade for will be in left and someone from AAA or maybe Ichiro will be in right field.

That's just the way the new Steinbrenners are running the team. They don't want to spend any money for some reason. Maybe they're gearing up for 2014, but I honestly don't know who's a FA to wait for at that point.

The ONLY "big" signing I can see them making is Mark Reynolds for third base, which would only contribute to our problem of horrible OBP and too many strikeouts.

My Lineup projection for Opening day: Gardner CF, Jeter SS, Tex 1B, Cano 2B, Granderson LF, Mark Reynolds DH, Eduardo Nunez 3B, Ronnier Mustelier RF, Francisco Cervelli C
    I get what you're saying, but as the market of these below average players drys up, it might make Cashman and Brothers NEED to make a deal...I am kind of glad all the Keppingers, Schierholtz, Chavez types are not signing. It makes them be creative and not just sign 1 year stop gaps.

Plus, Reynolds would not be bad and has a higher OBP than Ichiro*... *footnote: credit goes to Ry!

vCash
    Pretty soon there won't be anyone left, good or bad.

vCash
    Andrew Marchand of ESPN New York reports that the Yankees are listening to offers on Curtis Granderson.

Phil Hughes and Ivan Nova are also reportedly being shopped. The Yankees are in cost-cutting mode with the hope of scooting comfortably under the luxury tax threshold prior to the start of the 2014 season. Granderson, 31, batted .232/.319/.492 with 43 homers and 106 RBI in 160 games this summer for New York. He's owed $15 million in 2013.
    Rotoworld

vCash
    Trade Grandyman for some top notch prospects and then sign Bourne for less money

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MAINE YANKEE View Post
    Trade Grandyman for some top notch prospects and then sign Bourne for less money
    Bourn is going to ask for a large deal, the other free agent signings have set the bar high, especially BJ Upton.

vCash
    This will change the landscape of the team, rather then bombs away, they may be able to scratch out a hit steal a base and then score on a base hit or for something other then wait for a long ball. Sign AJ and Ichiro and get out of town.
    Last resort, bring up prospects and let them learn the game. Tired of these so-called superstars that can't produce.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast