Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Yankees Willing To Listen To Offers For Granderson

he Yankees are open to trade scenarios involving Curtis Granderson, according to ESPN's Buster Olney (Twitter link). Olney notes that moving Granderson's $15MM salary would give general manager Brian Cashman more flexibility this offseason.

Granderson will turn 32 next March and has seen his power numbers soar in the homer-friendly Yankee Stadium. Over the past two seasons he's batted .247/.342/.522 with a whopping 84 homers. Following a fourth-place finish in MVP voting in 2011 though, Granderson saw his walk rate decline and his strikeout rate rise substantially in 2012.

Several teams are looking for center field help, though the market has shrunk with the signings of B.J. Upton and Angel Pagan and the Nationals' acquisition of Denard Span. The Phillies and Mariners strike me as teams in need of outfield help that could take on Granderson's hefty salary, but that's just my speculation.

Cashman said in late October that he would keep an open mind in regards to trading Granderson, but stressed the difficulty of replacing a 40-homer bat in center field.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#gvXhShwcOHSzLQGI.99

vCash
    :cry:lol the marlins like doing deals trade grandy and huges and a prospect for stanton and norlasco. how ever you spell it.
    THE YANKEES RULE

vCash
    Outfield is our weakness so lets trade a guy who provides us a source of power and speed in left field? Makes sense!

Now, unless some team is willing to take on the $15M contract...I guess it will be ok. And we get an MLB player in return. Probably a catcher.

vCash
    Grandy and whoever the **** you want for Stanton please
    Future Ace

vCash
    If they could get a decent package and lets us have flexibility.
    Yanks will atleast need mlb player in return.

I hate to break it to you guys but the marlins are not going to trade Stanton and if they where it would take a lot more then just Granderson.

vCash
    [QUOTE=SPORT FAN;24575104]If they could get a decent package and lets us have flexibility.

I hate to break it to you guys but the marlins are not going to trade Stanton and if they where it would take a lot more then just Granderson you think for one minute stantons gonna play 100% for a team he already says he doesnt want to play for
    THE YANKEES RULE

vCash
    [QUOTE=deelite37;24575130]
    Quote Originally Posted by SPORT FAN View Post
    If they could get a decent package and lets us have flexibility.

I hate to break it to you guys but the marlins are not going to trade Stanton and if they where it would take a lot more then just Granderson you think for one minute stantons gonna play 100% for a team he already says he doesnt want to play for
    Do you really think the marlins care what he thinks.
    I want Stanton but he should of said that he loves the marlins and hopes to stay then they might trade him.

Ricky Nolasco said he wants to be traded and the marlins are saying no if you want to believe them.

http://http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

vCash
    MARLINS ARE NOT TRADING STANTON ! Omg ! For ppl who think they no so much ****, you should all know that by now. Why would the Marlins trade young for old ? Come on !

vCash
    just opinions folks dont gets so riled up.. ppl here get fired up so easy here over ones opinion
    THE YANKEES RULE

vCash
    good.... get something for him while you can, because i sure dont want him being signed to a long term deal at 32.

CG is the epitome of whats wrong with this team, all or nothing, low average, does nothing else, HR hitter who disappears in the postseason.

He hits a HR every 4 games or so, thats not how you win games.

do we really want to watch him try for yet another Yankee strikeout record for the 3rd straight year? He might actually make it to 200 this year!

vCash
    Good to hear but I doubt any team would give up what the Yanks would want in a likely trade.

Official Dolphins Draft Guru '11 & NFL Draft Guru '12

Enjoy hilarious podcasts about popculture, wrestling, and videogames? Check out the lasertime network at lasertimepodcast.com

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deelite37 View Post
    :cry:lol the marlins like doing deals trade grandy and huges and a prospect for stanton and norlasco. how ever you spell it.
    not when it involves taking salary over league minimum or players over 26
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Send grandy and hughes to seattle for king felix

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by devildog View Post
    Send grandy and hughes to seattle for king felix
    CBS Sports' Jon Heyman reports that the Mariners have approached Felix Hernandez about a possible contract extension.

Talks are very preliminary, but Seattle is pushing to make him a "Mariner for life." The 26-year-old right-hander is currently under contract through 2014. King Felix had a 3.06 ERA and 223 strikeouts in 232 innings this past season.
    Rotoworld

vCash
    Granderson vs Olt.
    Go Knicks!

All time

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast