Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

What's up with Taj?

Gibson got his contract renewal, so what has changed within his game? Is his play still suffering as a result of the deal as JoNo admittedly did? Coaches have mentioned that his mechanics are still looking good, but his shot is clearly off.

Taj's shooting percentage this season underlines the fact that he's not hitting his jump shot with any efficiency (Taj is shooting .16 from 3-9ft, and .23 from 16-23ft - both career lows) despite scoring inside and his work rate/production on the offensive glass has been sub par as well.

The good news is he's still seeing plenty of usage and his defense has remained on point.

What gives?
    Last edited by TopsyTurvy; 12-04-2012 at 01:27 PM.

vCash
    Maybe he's afraid that you'll rank Dickie Simpkins over him because he has a ring and he's no longer able to perform at a high level because of all of the pressure you thrust upon him?

vCash

Maybe just maybe you guys are finally seeing what I've been talking about. His shot is horrible he doesn't need to practice he needs to change it. I bet he continued to practice his 3 shot as well. He just needs to play like Griffin does and he'll be fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flogger View Post
    Maybe he's afraid that you'll rank Dickie Simpkins over him because he has a ring and he's no longer able to perform at a high level because of all of the pressure you thrust upon him?
    Or we could always:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=8ggtb4p

vCash
    And the point you're trying to make linking a trade I obviously proposed in jest to all of the outrageous trade proposals that are made here? I'm having a hard time figuring out your intention.

vCash
    He got paid

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flogger View Post
    I'm having a hard time figuring out your intention.

Taj has shot a combined 11 of of 50 (51 if you count his 3-point attempt) from anywhere besides under the rim this season.

vCash
    Ok?

vCash
    Thinking Upton means to say that Taj should stick in the paint.

vCash
    Our bigs need to start watching film of Aldridge

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    Thinking Upton means to say that Taj should stick in the paint.
    No doubt.

vCash
    We could have had an outside threat in J Teague/Jrue and a post presence in Blair

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeyAce View Post
    Our bigs need to start watching film of Aldridge
    Explain in greater detail. Because if your point is that watching film of Aldridge will make them more productive, then that would be miraculous. But, if your point is having them watch film of Aldridge so that they play in the same style that Aldridge does, they already are. Aldridge is a high-post type of player, much like Boozer and much like how Gibson is attempting to be but is miraculously sucking outside the paint.

PS --- Aldridge is having his worst season of his entire career thus far in terms of efficiency (both ts% and efg%), rebounding rate, and ORtg while having a 2nd career high in usage.

vCash
    I think he'll be fine really. He's already started to come around a bit more recently and is shooting 60.7% over his last 5 games.

Could be a number of factors though... pressing a bit after a big pay day, the effects of a completely new supporting bench cast, more pressure on the defensive end, or merely a simple shooting slump. Possibly a mixture of each.

Taj Gibson is confident that he'll be able to overcome his recent offensive struggles.

Gibson has scored in double-digits just three times all season. "I just have to do more," he said. "I put a ton of work in this summer. I just have to work my way out of it.
    roto

vCash
    He got paid...
    The Quest For Lombardi
    Bringin' It Back Home

Where It All Began

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast