Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Granderson available.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...randerson.html

Better than upton, pagan, bourn... What is he worth? What would it take?
    Solves power issue... Good defensively... Good guy... Same price a upton, less years. But yet another lefty. So.....
    Last edited by phillies1980; 12-04-2012 at 07:44 AM.

vCash
    He's another strikeout lefty that swings for the fences. We have plenty of those already. If that's all there is available, ok. But not my first choice.

Does anyone get the feeling that the phillies won't be making any big moves? So many options are going off the FA market and with not much in our farm system to trade...not sure what moves they make.

vCash
    We don't have the assets. I'd be willing to give up whatever we have (including major league guys. Ruf, Brown, Worley, etc.) I just think Cashman could get a Bette return elsewhere.

Props to Fly-Eagles-Fly for the Sig

vCash
    Granderson is comparable to BJ Upton. And he's getting paid $15 mil so he's not exactly a bargain. There's no reason to think the Yankees can get an awesome player in return.

The Yankees being the Yankees, they have to look for prospects with very high upside. Anyone with high upside and some sort of proximity to the big leagues is worth way more than Granderson.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

vCash
    Didn't you hear? We're trading Cliff Lee for him. agulby's cousin guaranteed it.
    Long Drive: A Phillies Blog

@LineyPLD on Twitter

Member:
    Phillies PSD Hall Of Fame, Class of 2009
    Eagles PSD Hall Of Fame, Inaugural Class of 2009
    Sixers PSD Hall Of Fame, Class of 2010

vCash
    But lee is such a great way for them to cut salary......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liney3506 View Post
    Didn't you hear? We're trading Cliff Lee for him. agulby's cousin guaranteed it.
    He's guaranteed Hamilton and now Granderson.

vCash
    I really can't see him in red pinstripes (do they even wear those any more?), nor would I want him here...but, I hope to GOD that the Yankees do trade him so I stop hearing the hilights of that idiot yankee announcer and his "the grandy man can"...ugh, i want to vomit every time I hear that...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    I really can't see him in red pinstripes (do they even wear those any more?), nor would I want him here...but, I hope to GOD that the Yankees do trade him so I stop hearing the hilights of that idiot yankee announcer and his "the grandy man can"...ugh, i want to vomit every time I hear that...
    The worst! Well.... actually second only to "Oppo Boppo". That was embarrassing.

vCash
    Just because he is available does't mean we want him. Rather have Swisher. Hits for a higher average. And i am sure he won't cost as much as even Victorino. Victorino getting 13m is a joke.

vCash
    I also don't see the Phils trading Lee, especially with HOliday under contract for one year and a sore shoulder.

vCash
    No thanks to Granderson.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

vCash
    Seems like you made it a point to misspell his name

vCash
    Nope
    Eagles Did Win a Championship, it just was not the Superbowl , we beat Lombardi's Packers