Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    He is just wearing a hat in the off season.

When I worked at Lids in Asheville NC Cameron Maybin came in and bought several different teams hats. He played for the Marlins at the time and he was looking for their stars and stripes hat. He ended up getting 4 or 5 different teams for the colors.
    If you don't think a teammate wearing another team's hat doesn't piss off your current teammates you are kidding yourself.

It is one of the ultimate stupid things for an athlete to do. And for a rookie trying to establish himself it is unconscionably stupid.

Overreaction???? Sure but that's just the way it is in team sports. Keith doesn't believe you should talk to the opposition. Vspin is a dumbbell if he cannot see that. And since he is that dumb and cannot seem to hit…trade him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    This is about a culture/style of people buying hats that match the color of their clothes and shoes. The younger athlete and fan has hats from multiple teams that they wear maybe once or twice a month.

Your comparison is about two businesses competing for a market share. This is about a guy wearing a popular 59 fifty hat with colors on it to match his outfit.
    Make no mistake about it, baseball is every bit as much a business as cola companies competing for a market share. Valdespin wasn't doing his employer any favors by being photographed in a competing team's hat.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota48 View Post
    If you don't think a teammate wearing another team's hat doesn't piss off your current teammates you are kidding yourself.

It is one of the ultimate stupid things for an athlete to do. And for a rookie trying to establish himself it is unconscionably stupid.

Overreaction???? Sure but that's just the way it is in team sports. Keith doesn't believe you should talk to the opposition. Vspin is a dumbbell if he cannot see that. And since he is that dumb and cannot seem to hit…trade him.
    Valdy is plain immature. He probably doesn't see it that way. He is proving to be as childish as one Lastings Milledge.

There is nothing wrong in buying several styles of hats as long as
    the Mets logo. Naivete rules here.

The owner of the Mets record for most pitch-hit HR's in a season is working himself off the team.
    It's Bumper Car Season

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

vCash
    Remember when Murphy had a Phillies hat on his belt? I wonder what that was about..

vCash
    This is sooooo not a big deal. It's the off-season. Valdespin works for the Mets from February to the end of September. He can do whatever he wants in the off-season.

vCash
    It's just Jordany's way of saying thank you to Miami for helping keep the Mets out of last.

In all seriousness, it's just a hat. There are guys who own every hat of every team. He likes the look of it, he likes how it matches his clothing, he can buy it. I really see nothing wrong with it. He plays in the MLB, so maybe he buys all of the teams' hats and wears some on certain days. Who knows? Just let him do what he wants, as long as it doesn't get him in trouble.
    Last edited by MetsFanatic19; 12-07-2012 at 11:49 PM.

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    Just imagine you, the employee, caught in public after business hours innocently wearing a competitors cap and you bump into your boss, let's say at the supermarket or movie theater.

I'd like to be a fly on your shoulder and see how you tell your boss if it happens to come up in conversation, "Well, uh, it's my personal time and I can do what I want."........ That's right, in your mind you did absolutely nothing wrong, but not in your employer's brain.

Your boss more than likely, just smiles at you and makes small talk, but is mentally etching in his brain, you wearing the boss's hated, #1 competitors cap and you burning in hell........

Brilliant move Slick. You are a zombie, but don't know it. You're essentially the walking dead. It's just a matter of when you will make another Einstein (no disrespect) move.....

You'd better look for a new job immediately, if not sooner. This is about using common sense. In today's world of social networking there is little privacy.

I can understand guys in college or younger not fully comprehending this, because many of you might not have ever had full time employment and responsibilities, which is just natural for that age. You're idealistic. I get it. There is nothing wrong with that. It's actually great.

But in the real world and in today's economic times when jobs, especially for those still unemployed after, lets say, 2+ years are few and tough to find and more difficult to get would probably say, "WTF!".

The guy is making big bucks, granted he is immature and arrogant. However, he took the pics. Well, Mr. Valdespin, you just photographed yourself looking like your dead from the neck up.......
    Last edited by Paulie6986; 12-08-2012 at 04:01 AM.
    It's Bumper Car Season

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    This is sooooo not a big deal. It's the off-season. Valdespin works for the Mets from February to the end of September. He can do whatever he wants in the off-season.
    Yeah, it's not that big of a deal. However it is yet another sign of stupidity on his part. He's a bonehead.
    Sandy Alderson says Mets' 2014 payroll will be more than $87 million
    (11/19/2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    Payroll is $85 million this year. It was $85 million last year.
    (05/27/14)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    I don't think we're that far away.
    (6 games under .500 before June. Not that far away from what?)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    Just imagine you, the employee, caught in public after business hours innocently wearing a competitors cap and you bump into your boss, let's say at the supermarket or movie theater.

I'd like to be a fly on your shoulder and see how you tell your boss if it happens to come up in conversation, "Well, uh, it's my personal time and I can do what I want."........ That's right, in your mind you did absolutely nothing wrong, but not in your employer's brain.

Your boss more than likely, just smiles at you and makes small talk, but is mentally etching in his brain, you wearing the boss's hated, #1 competitors cap and you burning in hell........

Brilliant move Slick. You are a zombie, but don't know it. You're essentially the walking dead. It's just a matter of when you will make another Einstein (no disrespect) move.....

You'd better look for a new job immediately, if not sooner. This is about using common sense. In today's world of social networking there is little privacy.

I can understand guys in college or younger not fully comprehending this, because many of you might not have ever had full time employment and responsibilities, which is just natural for that age. You're idealistic. I get it. There is nothing wrong with that. It's actually great.

But in the real world and in today's economic times when jobs, especially for those still unemployed after, lets say, 2+ years are few and tough to find and more difficult to get would probably say, "WTF!".

The guy is making big bucks, granted he is immature and arrogant. However, he took the pics. Well, Mr. Valdespin, you just photographed yourself looking like your dead from the neck up.......
    No, it's more like a McDonalds employee going to Burger King with his/her friends when he/she is not currently working and posting a picture on his/her Twitter or Instagram.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post

Paulie for President.

He gets it.

vCash
    I think it's amazing that Cameron Maybin went into "Lids" to accessorize.

vCash
    Last edited by Dugmet; 12-08-2012 at 11:26 AM.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234