Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    So few students or so few Nuns?
    Nuns, rarely do you see them teaching anymore.

I once saw a desk being thrown at a fellow student.
    I told Sister Lillian that she should seek an Anger Management group.

She emphatically pointed at the door and sternly spoke "Get Out!" Spent many a days staring out the window in the principals office.

Years later I heard she had a nervous breakdown, I always felt that I played a hand in that outcome.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    Nuns, rarely do you see them teaching anymore.

I once saw a desk being thrown at a fellow student.
    I told Sister Lillian that she should seek an Anger Management group.

She emphatically pointed at the door and sternly spoke "Get Out!" Spent many a days staring out the window in the principals office.

Years later I heard she had a nervous breakdown, I always felt that I played a hand in that outcome.
    Ah. This anecdote more than any other perhaps best explains your reluctance to join the C of D.

We'll still leave the light on for you.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Ah. This anecdote more than any other perhaps best explains your reluctance to join the C of D.

We'll still leave the light on for you.
    Clay's worry is that, though the light is on, you'll be standing there holding a metal-edged ruler to welcome him.

vCash
    Valdespin apparently tweeted a picture of himself in a Marlins hat. Whatever, yo.

jordany valdespin ‏@jordany023

http://yfrog.com/hwxi5vpj
    https://twitter.com/jordany023
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Valdespin apparently tweeted a picture of himself in a Marlins hat. Whatever, yo.

https://twitter.com/jordany023
    Wow. We should trade him there... Ultimate punishment.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    But if the Mets FO posts a picture of Luigi Stanton in a Mets hat, that would be tampering.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnNY62 View Post
    Clay's worry is that, though the light is on, you'll be standing there holding a metal-edged ruler to welcome him.
    The C of D prohibits the use of any implements, rulers, metal edged or otherwise, for disciplinary purposes or conformity encouragement.

It would be written in the bylaws somewhere if in fact we had bylaws.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota48 View Post
    But if the Mets FO posts a picture of Luigi Stanton in a Mets hat, that would be tampering.
    This is true.

But there's nothing stopping Giovanni Corleone Stanton from posting the picture himself.

vCash
    He is just wearing a hat in the off season.

When I worked at Lids in Asheville NC Cameron Maybin came in and bought several different teams hats. He played for the Marlins at the time and he was looking for their stars and stripes hat. He ended up getting 4 or 5 different teams for the colors.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    He is just wearing a hat in the off season.

When I worked at Lids in Asheville NC Cameron Maybin came in and bought several different teams hats. He played for the Marlins at the time and he was looking for their stars and stripes hat. He ended up getting 4 or 5 different teams for the colors.
    If I were being groomed as a salesman for Coca Cola, do you think it would be a good idea for me to buy a Pepsi hat?

vCash
    If I were being groomed as a salesman for Coca Cola, do you think it would be a good idea for me to buy a Pepsi hat?
    This is about a culture/style of people buying hats that match the color of their clothes and shoes. The younger athlete and fan has hats from multiple teams that they wear maybe once or twice a month.

Your comparison is about two businesses competing for a market share. This is about a guy wearing a popular 59 fifty hat with colors on it to match his outfit.

vCash
    You know Jordany Valdespin does sound like a designer line of clothes!
    " You seek Yoda!

vCash
    Ted Berg said it best.
    In this photo, he’s wearing a Marlins hat. Some Mets fans seem mad about this but I could hardly care less what hat Jordany Valdespin wears in the offseason. He’s presumably wearing it for style, not because he’s a Marlins fan. It is sort of odd though

vCash
    I hope Valdespin learns from this, I like "I'm the man right now"
    For the best sports gifs and memes visit
    http://aviewfromthebleachers.tumblr.com/

vCash
    Valdespin is team tatted??? Since when???

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast