Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Did anyone else noticed that Bazooka Joe had no chin.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    He can go f himself, nothing but a hacker anyway. He got found out in less than a month.

Yet another ancient Mets 'prospect' who isn't worth a wank.

vCash
    Funny how quickly the wolves can turn on you. It wasn't very long ago that Valdy was so highly touted here on this forum for his offensive potential, despite his attitudinal problems, which many thought were behind him. (Remember the thread devoted exclusively to what his nickname should be?)

I'm not sure this will change things much, since the FO knew he was a bit of a head case to be reckoned with all along. I think he could still be part of a viable 2B platoon with Flores, should Murphy be traded. But this might also motivate the FO to dangle him in trade talks this winter, hoping that the Spanish News doesn't reach too many GMs.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dunbummin View Post
    Funny how quickly the wolves can turn on you. It wasn't very long ago that Valdy was so highly touted here on this forum for his offensive potential, despite his attitudinal problems, which many thought were behind him. (Remember the thread devoted exclusively to what his nickname should be?)

I'm not sure this will change things much, since the FO knew he was a bit of a head case to be reckoned with all along. I think he could still be part of a viable 2B platoon with Flores, should Murphy be traded. But this might also motivate the FO to dangle him in trade talks this winter, hoping that the Spanish News doesn't reach too many GMs.
    Jordany can't get on base, he is not a viable option. He never was.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    Jordany can't get on base, he is not a viable option. He never was.
    He's a free swinger, no doubt about that. But he is still young, and plate discipline can be taught. His minor league OBP is .330, not that bad.

Remember Reyes as a kid? He was wild at the plate too. His career minor league OBP was .338. In his first three years with the Mets, he didn't have an OBP above .334 and in his first full season (161 games) his OBP was .300.

I wouldn't write Jordany off yet, just because he isn't getting on base enough.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    He's a free swinger, no doubt about that. But he is still young, and plate discipline can be taught.
    Will he listen?
    Will he learn?
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    He's a free swinger, no doubt about that. But he is still young, and plate discipline can be taught. His minor league OBP is .330, not that bad.

Remember Reyes as a kid? He was wild at the plate too. His career minor league OBP was .338. In his first three years with the Mets, he didn't have an OBP above .334 and in his first full season (161 games) his OBP was .300.

I wouldn't write Jordany off yet, just because he isn't getting on base enough.
    He's 25, and Jordany is no Reyes. And while is obp for his career is .330, in A+ it was .323, AA it was .321 and AAA it was .320.

He has had disciplinary problems throughout his career.

vCash
    Send Vspin to Catholic school and let the nuns slap him around a little bit.
    Attitude problem solved.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota48 View Post
    Send Vspin to Catholic school and let the nuns slap him around a little bit.
    Attitude problem solved.
    Nuns don't humiliate students anymore, that's why there are so few left in the states.

I blame the Democrats.

vCash
    If he had half as much brain power as he has talent, the world would be his oyster. Too bad.
    Sandy Alderson says Mets' 2014 payroll will be more than $87 million
    (11/19/2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    Payroll is $85 million this year. It was $85 million last year.
    (05/27/14)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    I don't think we're that far away.
    (6 games under .500 before June. Not that far away from what?)

vCash
    He has been so overhyped by people on this forum. Show the garbage to the dump. I'll take my chances with Murphy and his 20 errors at second before I'd give this clown a starting job.

vCash
    I think Valdespin's dad is Ruben Sierra, the other resident village idiot.

vCash

Indeed.

I thought his talent was worth a shot, especially on a 2012 team that was going no where and had so many holes. Why not run him out there to see what he can do?

Unfortunately, he answered that question in another way. He apparently has no interesting in putting in the work to improve his game.

Time to move on.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    Nuns don't humiliate students anymore, that's why there are so few left in the states.

I blame the Democrats.
    So few students or so few Nuns?
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    I thought the Mets did him a dis-service not playing each day. But again, if he didn't listen, work to improve his game, or simply was a cancer in the club house then put him at triple A until he wakes up or we release him. Man's got some talent, shame to waste it.
    " You seek Yoda!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast