Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

OL Problems - Sean Locklear is OUT!!!

This is a huge problem folks. David (I SHOULD NEVER PLAY) Diehl is back in the lineup. We have consistently played poorly and lost everytime he has stepped on the field this season. We've DOMINATED with Locklear in the lineup throughout the year. Some of our best offensive games I can directly point to him being able to protect Eli and open up the running game. If there was ever a place to point to in the event we start to skid... this is it.
    AS MJ WOULD SAY " IS THIS SIGNATURE IN VIOLATION NOW..."

"Isiah's about as safe as me in a room full of cookies, If I'm in a room full of cookies the cookies ain't got no chance." --- Sir Charles

vCash
    We have lots of problems ...Dallas and Washington are both one game behind us and we play the saints next week who always beat us and Baltimore after that , we needed this win ...Idk how were going to make the playoffs if we don't get some serious help , are there any tackles out there we can bring in ?

steal of the draft cleanthony early

vCash
    I think the bigger problem is that after Diehl, we basically have nobody left in case of injury

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGTom View Post
    I think the bigger problem is that after Diehl, we basically have nobody left in case of injury
    Toughbreak Locklear was playing great for us. Maybe this is why TC stuck with Deihl....hes a vet and you just dont sit a vet this early becauee you may need him late in the season...its a respect thing.

As far as having no one to back up Deihl....this us why we have the BEST GM in the league.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

vCash
    James Brewer would be the next tackle up no?

What a brutal game though. We lose, lose locklear for the year Beatty dinged up, JPP dinged up again, Blackburn hobbling, fml. What a **** game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GMenFanSince90 View Post
    James Brewer would be the next tackle up no?
    I guess so. There doesn't appear to be anybody else left.

IMO, the Giants should part ways with Beatty at the end of the season. He's unreliable b/c there is always something wrong which prevents him from playing.

vCash
    Being a eagles fan. I wish we had the giants o line problems.

Tht said guys it could be much worse. I trust Eli to get his team into the playoffs more the rg3 and romo honestly.

vCash
    Giants' Sean Locklear to miss rest of season with knee injury

Mike Garafolo, USA TODAY SportsShare

11:59AM EST December 4. 2012 - LANDOVER, Md. The look on Sean Locklear's face said it.

So did the image of him being carted off the field.

And so did the tone in Tom Coughlin's voice.

So it should come as no surprise preliminary tests following the right knee injury the New York Giants' right tackle suffered in Monday's loss to the Washington Redskins indicate Locklear is out for the season, according to a person informed of the results of those tests.

GIANTS-'SKINS: Washington owner's strong words about Giants

GAME RECAP: 'Skins edges Giants 17-16

The person, who spoke to USA TODAY Sports on condition of anonymity because Coughlin didn't speak on the severity of the injury and the team only called it a "severe knee sprain," said Locklear is believed to have torn the ACL and perhaps more.

David Diehl, the starting right tackle to begin the season and again when he returned from a knee injury suffered in Week 2 that kept him out of three games, will take back his spot for the stretch run.

"I'm definitely healthy enough," said Diehl, who battled a shoulder injury last week. "Sean deserved to start (Monday). I didn't practice fully until Friday because of my injury from the last game. But I'm definitely ready to go.

"It's always tough to lose one of your brothers. He's been a great guy for us, a great asset for our football team. It's awful."
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...iants/1744919/

Brewer looked good in limited goalline work earlier this year. Wonder if he'll get a shot......ever. After that they can bring up McCants from the PS for depth, but I think they're gonna have to sign a vet in there somewhere.

They like to have a starter and a veteran flex for jumbo packages.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mnatiq View Post
    Being a eagles fan. I wish we had the giants o line problems.

Tht said guys it could be much worse. I trust Eli to get his team into the playoffs more the rg3 and romo honestly.
    sorry about your team bro, and you're right, it could be worse, byt yeah, i still wouldn't trust the Giants entirely if a win versus your team on week 17 was needed for a playoff spot
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    [B][COLOR="Blue"]13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

"How come Eli don't feed me the ball no more?"
    Don't know Larry. Don't know.

NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

vCash
    Who took his roster spot?

vCash
    Am I the only one wanting Cordle at C over Baas?

And move Baas back to LG and use Boothe as the reserve/jumbo/utility role he's best at.

Quote Originally Posted by uwish1127 View Post
    Who took his roster spot?

I think they bumped up Capers from PS....