Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Deal was in place for ACab?

There's arguably no better shortstop available via free agency or trade than Asdrubal Cabrera, and the Indians' asking price reflects that reality. Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain-Dealer writes that the Tribe is looking to get three-to-four prospects in exchange for their 27-year-old shortstop -- preferably four.

Hoynes writes that the Indians had a deal in place to acquire a Major League pitcher and two high-level prospects for Cabrera. That trade fell through when Cleveland asked that a third prospect be included in the package. The potential acquiring team would have switched Cabrera's position, for those who would like to play the speculation game.

Cabrera has two years and a total of $16.5MM remaining on his contract. Over the past two seasons, Cabrera has batted .272/.335/.443 with 41 home runs and 26 stolen bases.

In addition to Cabrera, Justin Masterson, Chris Perez and Shin-Soo Choo are drawing interest. The asking price on Perez is substantially lower than Cabrera's, one scout told Hoynes. Like Cabrera, Perez has two years of team control left. He's arbitration eligible for the third time as a Super Two player this offseason, and Matt Swartz has him projected at $7.2MM.

Hoynes notes that the Padres have called regarding both Justin Masterson and Ubaldo Jimenez. Masterson can become a free agent after the 2014 season and is projected to earn $5.7MM in arbitration this season. The Indians picked up Jimenez's $5.75MM option this offseason despite a dreadful season and drastically reduced fastball velocity. The Padres are likely attracted to Jimenez's durability and hopeful that a return to the NL West can help restore his numbers.
    Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/clevel...1iavtqSsdSZ.99

Glad to see the Tribe trying to get the most out of him right now with such a small SS market out there. I think this might have been the Cardinals with the assumption of him moving to Second for the time being and taking over for Furcal if he can't stay healthy or next year when he is a FA.

HOYERMANIA!!!

vCash
    I really hope he gets dealt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iAugust View Post
    I really hope he gets dealt
    I do too just not because I am done with him on the team but instead that he is the the best player that will return the most significant return to this teams future while being at the deepest position in the organization at this time.

HOYERMANIA!!!

vCash
    This is some good news. I hope he gets traded before showing up to Spring Training even fatter than before.

vCash
    @Ken_Rosenthal Bauer not only young #Diamondbacks pitcher drawing interest. Teams also asking about Skaggs. Believed to be #Indians target for A. Cabrera.
    https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/st...92186532118528

Consider me a seriously happy camper if we land Tyler Skaggs for Asdrubal. I might like him even more than Bauer

vCash
    Buster_ESPN
    The Arizona Diamondbacks have constructed a four-team deal that's currently dormant. Would net them Asdrubal Cabrera, if it's revitalized.

vCash
    imagine if somehow we could come away with skaggs and j-upton.. oh my god, but if that was the case we wouldn't need it to be a 4 team trade.

The start of something great to come in Carolina, bring on the haters!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Panthers4life View Post
    imagine if somehow we could come away with skaggs and j-upton.. oh my god, but if that was the case we wouldn't need it to be a 4 team trade.
    Don't get hooked! Indians won't get anything better than a Lillibridge.

Smoke 'em if you've got 'em

vCash
    Rays, Rangers, Indians, D-Backs Talking Trades
    By Steve Adams [December 5 at 7:46am CST]
    7:46am: The D-backs and Indians have discussed the framework of a deal centering around Cabrera and Trevor Bauer, Anthony Castrovince of MLB.com reports. The sides have been talking about the deal for two weeks, but talks have picked up at the Winter Meetings. There's no indication that a deal is close to completion at this time, however.

7:25am: It wouldn't be the Winter Meetings without talk of potential blockbuster trades, and Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reports that the Rays, Rangers, Indians and Diamondbacks have discussed several combinations of three-, four- and even five-team trades.

It all boils down to the fact that the Rangers would like to add Justin Upton and/or James Shields, the Diamondbacks want Asdrubal Cabrera, and the Rays would like to trade a pitcher to improve an offense that ranked 11th in the AL in runs scored and 12th in OPS (and that's before losing B.J. Upton). The Rangers, in all of this, would likely be dishing out prospects to other teams.

Rosenthal is quick to note that while many possibilities have been discussed, it's not necessarily likely that a blockbuster gets completed. The Rangers are splitting their attention between trade talk and the pursuit of Zack Greinke and Josh Hamilton.

Rosenthal writes that so many combinations have been discussed, several team officials he's spoken to aren't even sure which possibilities are still alive and which are dead. If no blockbuster happens, various combinations of these teams are still in negotiations regarding standard two-team exchanges.

The Winter Meetings are often the site for blockbuster trades. Recent examples including 2009's Ian Kennedy-Curtis Granderson-Max Scherzer-Austin Jackson three-team deal and the eight-player trade that sent Miguel Cabrera and Dontrelle Willis to the Tigers in 2007.
    Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#Acuo1GAk5FhUVD7S.99

I would love me some Trevor Bauer. Now thats a move if it happens.

HOYERMANIA!!!

vCash
    The Trevor Bauer trade is the type of moves the Indians should be looking at. Not overpaying for an aging vet. Although it looks like the Indians were used as leverage in the Victorino scenario.

vCash
    9:17am: One executive involved in the Bauer/Cabrera discussions tells Danny Knobler of CBSSports.com (Twitter link) that it has some legs, but is probably a long shot.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#jpx4hfjC9xzkijkQ.99

HOYERMANIA!!!

vCash
    I'd honestly rather have Skaggs than Bauer

vCash
    Buster_ESPN Buster Olney
    Rival official on Indians: "The price for Choo is high, and for Asdrubal even higher."
    3 minutes ago

vCash
    Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale
    The #Dbacks, #rangers, #indians and #rays have reopened talks of possible 4 team trade involving likes of Shields,Upton,Cabrera

vCash
    Latest On Indians, Rangers, D-Backs Trade Talks
    By Luke Adams [December 5 at 12:16pm CST]
    Within the last 24 hours, we've heard that the Diamondbacks and Indians are exploring a trade that could send Asdrubal Cabrera to Arizona. The Rangers, Rays, and Royals have also reportedly been in talks on various three- or four- team scenarios involving Arizona and Cleveland, with Texas making a hard push for Justin Upton. We'll track the latest on the discussions between the D-Backs and Indians right here:

•The Indians are pushing for the Diamondbacks to include Tyler Skaggs in a deal for Cabrera, tweets Jeff Passan of Yahoo! Sports. However, Arizona would prefer to move Trevor Bauer.
    •Although the Diamondbacks like many of the Rangers' prospects, such as Mike Olt, Leury Garcia, and Cody Buckel, they continue to want Elvis Andrus or Jurickson Profar in return for Upton, tweets Passan. At this point, it seems more likely that the D-Backs would move Upton in a multi-team scenario that nets them Cabrera rather than trading straight-up with the Rangers.
    •The Rangers are more confident about their chances to land Upton, but acknowledge there's still a long way to go before reaching a deal, says Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports (via Twitter). It's not clear how many teams are involved, Rosenthal adds.
    Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#306xzQDizqwmQcHO.99

I wonder who else would be involved. If the Tribe could somehow fleece Olt and Skaggs in a multi team deal that would really brighten up my day. I know it would never happen but that would be a very good haul at least on paper for ACab.

HOYERMANIA!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast