Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 98
  1. #31
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    University Campus!
    Posts
    6,466
    vCash
    1500
    Knight needs a shooting guard that can shoot the 3. Singler has played awesome but he's not gonna cut it. Someone like OJ Mayo would be perfect for Bk. Not sure I want the Pistons being the ones who overpay him this summer though.

    I remember watching the Rockets when they had Brooks, Martin, Yao and Scola (before Brooks' injury). So much attention was put on containing Scola and Yao closer to the basketball that Martin and Brooks were dropping 3s on the Lakers like nothing else. That's why I want Drummond starting and have him and Monroe commanding alotta attention closer to the basket, leaving shooters open.

    Too bad Frank isn't giving Drummond good minutes, and we don't have a great shooter.
    Last edited by Gram; 12-04-2012 at 06:45 PM.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    flint mich.
    Posts
    2,424
    vCash
    1500
    Stop lying this started when u said he isn't a pg period , said he is a sg. You keep saying stuckey & he has been in the league 6yrs not 1 like knight. Now all u do every game thread is bash him & stuckey when he is clearly better in every aspect then stuckey.
    Quote Originally Posted by shyfly24:24581712
    Quote Originally Posted by Gram View Post
    Who do you think he doesn't understand...
    i was gonna write a diss ... but im sure ill just get banned

    Quote Originally Posted by MonroeFAN View Post
    not you broham.

    Mike. I just don't understand what point he's trying to make. That Knight is better? Despite the fact that Irving is over-rated in my book, that would be a pretty intense opinion to have.

    LOL @ Gram
    dude this all started by me saying knight isnt' a pure point guard and this guy went off on a tangent making it seem like Knight is gonna be unstoppable in every category when he reaches his prime

  3. #33
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    University Campus!
    Posts
    6,466
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mike 810 View Post
    Stop lying this started when u said he isn't a pg period , said he is a sg. You keep saying stuckey & he has been in the league 6yrs not 1 like knight. Now all u do every game thread is bash him & stuckey when he is clearly better in every aspect then stuckey.
    How is he lying? He said he started it when he said what he thought.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    flint mich.
    Posts
    2,424
    vCash
    1500
    You have to see the stuff Shyfly says & who would write off a pg when he has played well & just played his 85th game of his career yesterday??? If u go back & read thru the threads u will see Shyfly & a couple others say its because his turnovers. So I show them Irvings t.o.& now all of a sudden Irving has to turn the ball over that much cuz he gets doubled & trippled teamed.
    Quote Originally Posted by MonroeFAN:24581600
    not you broham.

    Mike. I just don't understand what point he's trying to make. That Knight is better? Despite the fact that Irving is over-rated in my book, that would be a pretty intense opinion to have.

    LOL @ Gram

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    flint mich.
    Posts
    2,424
    vCash
    1500
    Guysir u was def right just look at all Shyflys excuses for Irving . But he is bashing knight like he does all pistons , this was the same guy who wanted us to keep Ben ****ing Gordon...
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir:24578260
    I can already tell you what they're gonna say, Mike: "Irving has to try and do it all because he's their whole team, so of course he's going to take more chances and be more aggressive and it'll translate poorly in the stat column."

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    7,834
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by shyfly24 View Post
    come on man, whos our gm?? If stuckey is still on this team, Knight will not go anywhere.

    Joe D over values all his players
    Good I dont want him to go anywhere before i see him develop a little bit more.I will admit hes been dissapointing so far but I actually like his game and if he becomes a 20 and 6 guy im good with it but he does have to learn to control the offense better.If hes not better by extension time than ditch him and grab a new one in free agency because im sure there will be some good PGs for grabs come that time as long as Dumars doesnt waste all of our money this offseason.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    flint mich.
    Posts
    2,424
    vCash
    1500
    Exactly true piston fans know that its way to early for people to write knight off. The dude also said pg is something u can't learn which is false because billups was def taught by Larry brown, o but I forgot Shyfly didn't start watching billups until he was with Minnesota.
    Quote Originally Posted by RipCity32:24581929
    Quote Originally Posted by shyfly24 View Post
    Knight is the exact duplicate of stuckey just w/ much better offense. and that isn't saying much.
    Basically yes hes a combo guard I thought we all new this when we drafted him.He just started running point as a freshmen at KY.Knight is better on the offensive end though than Stuckey and is still young enough to gain more court awareness and tone down on the TOs so its dumb to just give up on him already because we still dont know for sure or we dont really have anyone else but if he dont workout there are alot of PGs in the league so I dont think its anything to worry about right this moment but I dont ever see Knight being a true point like Rubio or anything.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    flint mich.
    Posts
    2,424
    vCash
    1500
    I agree with u that Singler can't be our long term sg but def our sf. We have a sg in English he plays defense & is a lights out shooter but frank doesn't play him. I'm also glad u brought up the fact drummond doesn't start , knight doesn't even get to play with him,That's at least another 2apg. This team has at least 4-5 players who aren't in our future plans. The difference is Rose ,westbrook have all stars playing with them we are just a young core going thru growing pains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gram:24582072
    Knight needs a shooting guard that can shoot the 3. Singler has played awesome but he's not gonna cut it. Someone like OJ Mayo would be perfect for Bk. Not sure I want the Pistons being the ones who overpay him this summer though.

    I remember watching the Rockets when they had Brooks, Martin, Yao and Scola (before Brooks' injury). So much attention was put on containing Scola and Yao closer to the basketball that Martin and Brooks were dropping 3s on the Lakers like nothing else. That's why I want Drummond starting and have him and Monroe commanding alotta attention closer to the basket, leaving shooters open.

    Too bad Frank isn't giving Drummond good minutes, and we don't have a great shooter.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    flint mich.
    Posts
    2,424
    vCash
    1500
    He is lying because like I said this was about him being a pg shooting or pure. He left out the part where he said knight is a sg, yes he's entitled to his opinion but he left out that part that's how it all started.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gram:24582187
    Quote Originally Posted by mike 810 View Post
    Stop lying this started when u said he isn't a pg period , said he is a sg. You keep saying stuckey & he has been in the league 6yrs not 1 like knight. Now all u do every game thread is bash him & stuckey when he is clearly better in every aspect then stuckey.
    How is he lying? He said he started it when he said what he thought.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    University Campus!
    Posts
    6,466
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mike 810 View Post
    He is lying because like I said this was about him being a pg shooting or pure. He left out the part where he said knight is a sg, yes he's entitled to his opinion but he left out that part that's how it all started.
    Lol. He actually said that he said that.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    flint mich.
    Posts
    2,424
    vCash
    1500
    I agree with u, why give up on him this early when he is clearly above average pg???
    Quote Originally Posted by RipCity32:24582354
    Quote Originally Posted by shyfly24 View Post
    come on man, whos our gm?? If stuckey is still on this team, Knight will not go anywhere.

    Joe D over values all his players
    Good I dont want him to go anywhere before i see him develop a little bit more.I will admit hes been dissapointing so far but I actually like his game and if he becomes a 20 and 6 guy im good with it but he does have to learn to control the offense better.If hes not better by extension time than ditch him and grab a new one in free agency because im sure there will be some good PGs for grabs come that time as long as Dumars doesnt waste all of our money this offseason.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,120
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by shyfly24 View Post
    your just so cute. Your right mike, you know exactly what games I watch and don't watch
    And ya your right, verajo waiters is open and thats why there playing out of their minds right now
    cause irving draws double teams

    When did I say those guys were ever pure point guards? In fact there are anlysts who even say those guys are really 2 guards. But the difference is, that those teams need them to score. Okc doesn't need a pg cause they have 3 guys that can create their own offense. Rose needs to score and doesn't have anyone else, and thats why his bulls teams never shows up in the playoffs.Our team who doesn't have a superstar to create there own offense and who are all role players, ya that type of team needs a point guard to set our players up.
    I'm not sure OKC has 3.
    Durrant. . . maybe Martin (though I view him as a spot up shooter, though he used to get to the hole more) and ?? It's not Perkins or Ibaka . . .So I assume you are including Westbrook?

    As for rose, he's got Boozer, had Rip, Korver and Luel Deng. And you're saying he needs to score because he doesn't have anyone else? Not sure that's correct.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,768
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mike 810 View Post
    Stop lying this started when u said he isn't a pg period , said he is a sg. You keep saying stuckey & he has been in the league 6yrs not 1 like knight. Now all u do every game thread is bash him & stuckey when he is clearly better in every aspect then stuckey.
    mike sometimes I really wonder if you can understand things. Please tell me how I lied when this was my opinion this whole time on him? I'm gonna try to make this as simple for you to understand as i can .... Knight is a shooting guard in a pg's body, just like how westbrook is. Knight is not a pure point guard, he is a scoring guard.

    Our team, who don't have players to create offense for themselves consistently, need a chauncy to set them up, to find them in the right spots to guide them on the court, to be that floor general, not another stuckey

    Only thing Knight is better then stuckey in, is offense. There pg game is the exact same. And Knight is a horrible defender. Stuckey is better then him in that regard

    Quote Originally Posted by mike 810 View Post
    You have to see the stuff Shyfly says & who would write off a pg when he has played well & just played his 85th game of his career yesterday??? If u go back & read thru the threads u will see Shyfly & a couple others say its because his turnovers. So I show them Irvings t.o.& now all of a sudden Irving has to turn the ball over that much cuz he gets doubled & trippled teamed.
    Knights assist rate was HISOTRICALLY low for a rookie last year. Not just last year, historically! And this is w/ him leading all rookies in minutes. Those numbers are worse then stuckeys and we all know how good of a pg stuckey turned into.

    lol wtf, Mike please stfu if you don't even know what your talking about. If you've never seen Irving play then never respond on this topic. Explain why every superstar has a high turnover rate? Is it not cause they are the main focal point for the other teams? Knight is not, so there should be no reason for him to have more turnovers then assists, like how he has a the last couple of games.

    Quote Originally Posted by mike 810 View Post
    Guysir u was def right just look at all Shyflys excuses for Irving . But he is bashing knight like he does all pistons , this was the same guy who wanted us to keep Ben ****ing Gordon...
    LOL mike please stop.

    And please show me where I wanted ben gordon? And your calling me a liar? The debates before were me thinking gordon is better then stuckey, not if i wanted gordon on the team

    honestly man

    Quote Originally Posted by mike 810 View Post
    I agree with u, why give up on him this early when he is clearly above average pg???
    above average? I guess all above average pg's have numerous amounts of games of more turnovers then assists eh?

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,120
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Gram View Post
    Knight needs a shooting guard that can shoot the 3. Singler has played awesome but he's not gonna cut it. Someone like OJ Mayo would be perfect for Bk. Not sure I want the Pistons being the ones who overpay him this summer though.

    I remember watching the Rockets when they had Brooks, Martin, Yao and Scola (before Brooks' injury). So much attention was put on containing Scola and Yao closer to the basketball that Martin and Brooks were dropping 3s on the Lakers like nothing else. That's why I want Drummond starting and have him and Monroe commanding alotta attention closer to the basket, leaving shooters open.

    Too bad Frank isn't giving Drummond good minutes, and we don't have a great shooter.
    Mayo as a SG? For BK. The last two years he's shooting 36% from 3 and 41% overall. Even if his shots were evenly split between 3's & 2's, he'd only be shooting 46% from 2. Given that he's shooting more 2's than 3's, he's shooting less than 46% from 2.

    As for attention, I agree partly. but Max can hit the 15 footer far more than Drummond, meaning he's be drawing more attention than Drummond, with Monroe being equal in either scenario.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,768
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RipCity32 View Post
    Good I dont want him to go anywhere before i see him develop a little bit more.I will admit hes been dissapointing so far but I actually like his game and if he becomes a 20 and 6 guy im good with it but he does have to learn to control the offense better.If hes not better by extension time than ditch him and grab a new one in free agency because im sure there will be some good PGs for grabs come that time as long as Dumars doesnt waste all of our money this offseason.
    Oh, I'm not talking about now. I'm talking about when Knight proves that he isn't a point guard in this league, rather an undersized shooting guard ... Dumars will still resign him in hopes we find his "natural" position.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •