Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    vCash

Pierce says Tuck isn’t the same player

Posted by Mike Florio on December 22, 2012, 8:17 AM EST

Getty Images
    For players who retire into the media, the biggest challenge comes from telling it like it is regarding guys who currently play the game.

That challenge becomes even more, um, challenging when the player used to play with the player whose play he is criticizing.

As it relates to Giants defensive lineman Justin Tuck, former Giants linebacker Antonio Pierce passes the test.

“I played with Justin Tuck and have a tremendous respect for him,” Pierce said on Friday’s edition of The Michael Kay Show. “But he has not been the same player emotionally, mentally or his play in the last three years. It’s just the facts. He came on late last season and once Antrel Rolle and a couple of other guys said he had to pick it up, but for the most part, he’s a situation, third-down, passing situation defensive end.”

Pierce doesn’t know why Tuck has changed as a player.

“When you watch him on Sundays, you do not see the energy, you do not see the fire he used to play with,” Pierce said. “And I don’t know why. I don’t know if it’s personal stuff going on or maybe he’s physically tired.”

Complicating matters for Tuck is that he currently has a shoulder injury. “For me, the guy I played with, when he was there, a lot of energy, a lot of passion, brought it each and every play, each and every snap, loved to play the game,” Pierce said. “I heard him mention it last year before the run [that] he didn’t know where his mind was at, or if he was into the game. His comments this week, the same thing. As much as I want to give the answer, that’s really a question he has to answer.”

We’ve got a feeling that Tuck soon will be asked the question.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...layer/related/

vCash
    Perry Awful needs to turn this DL loose.

The defense is being robbed of their #1 strength b/c of Fewell (Awful's) scheme.

How can Fewell turn it loose against a QB like Rodgers then show more respect for lesser QB's? Go after everybody!!!!!!!!
    Done - thank goodness

vCash
    Tuck has been hiding from Twitter since the game Sunday

vCash
    I've been saying this for a while now. He damn near reiterated my thoughts word for word. Shame. I dont want him back next year. He might be decent in 2 years when his contract is up but I just cant deal with him anymore. I'll forever like him as a Giant for his role in 2 superbowl runs. He was awesome. But I want him gone.

Edit: LE is one of the more depleted positions in the league and Tuck could still start for a majority of 4-3 teams, but I just want someone who plays hard. What I'd give to have Kiwi and Tollefson rotate at LE =/
    Last edited by .Sean.; 12-22-2012 at 04:16 PM.
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    Will be interesting to see what happens when his contract is up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    I've been saying this for a while now. He damn near reiterated my thoughts word for word. Shame. I dont want him back next year. He might be decent in 2 years when his contract is up but I just cant deal with him anymore. I'll forever like him as a Giant for his role in 2 superbowl runs. He was awesome. But I want him gone.

Edit: LE is one of the more depleted positions in the league and Tuck could still start for a majority of 4-3 teams, but I just want someone who plays hard. What I'd give to have Kiwi and Tollefson rotate at LE =/
    That would be awesome and it sucks that Tolly is gone, but I bet we get something out of Tracy or possibly Ojomo one day. Got some decent potential there.

vCash
    Well see a lot of Tracy today. Gonna be good to see what he can do

vCash

Tuck either needs to be benched or cut...

Man I love what tuck has done for us but ap is right. His head is not in the game. I remember 07' when we would line him up inside and he was dominant. Miss those days

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    How sad was it to see Tuck moping on the sidelines with his giants scully and street clothes on.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

vCash
    Never in a million years thought I'd ever say this but......Osi is now more valuable than Tuck.

vCash
    Is this the same shoulder injury from the dirty play on the cowboys ol player?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456