Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants-NL-3 View Post
    Completely agree and that for me was the saddest part of the loss yesterday. I mean I ofcourse hoped they'd win, but Falcons at their home is a tough one... But the way the team lost was just unbelievable. I mean we can talk about Fewell and Gillbride not doing their job and the schemes being wrong and all that, but when your (supposed to be top of the bill) DE gets manhandled by a freakin light-weight RB then there just is an attitude problem. Every Falcons-fan was talking about their below-par O-line and we were hardly able to pressure Ryan, that's no coaching-fault to me, that's just cockyness and a lack of spirit and commitment of the players. They acted like it was a freakin pre-season game!
    I'll say it again, I miss Spags. Not just his scheme, but the fact that he allowed every player to do what they do best and he went into every game with an upbeat confidence and aggressive playcalling.

vCash
    2013 wishlist
    Tuck retires
    Fewell gets fires
    Hire spags back
    the real JPP comes back
    Draft/pick up another top tier pass rusher (osi will likely be gone and hopefully tuck will be on the golf course)
    Give the captain to somebody who actually has a voice like blackburn or rolle

Someone said this before and I think its a great point. Maybe JPP's lack of effort is due to tuck's lack of effort. If the guy with the gold C on his jersey isn't trying the other players are gunna follow in his steps. Tuck has gotta be the worst captain in the league. He's nothing more than a washed up bum that brings nothing but negative vibes to this team.

vCash
    Damn I really hyped the **** out of Cofield on these boards. I mean I loved the guy and he was an unsung hero, but there are better DTs out there lol.

That said, I tend to agree with Rosh, I think JPP's gotten somewhat complacent. Wouldn't doubt if he's been influence by Tuck either.
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    it disgust me to watch so many of you speak so bad about tuck

there is a difference between saying he lost and and some of the comments coming out of peoples mouth

You have two super bowls in five years bc of him. Un****ingreal

vCash
    what ever happened to Ojomo? i liked that guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rwynyc View Post

there is a difference between saying he lost and and some of the comments coming out of peoples mouth

Yeah, ALL because of him.

Who cares if he USED to be a great player for us? He's hurting this team's current chances of winning because he STINKS! Should we concede a shot at the SB because he was good in years past? That's just illogical.
    Last edited by ohbilly2134; 12-18-2012 at 10:17 AM.

vCash
    See my theory on Tuck is like the rest of the linemen. It's not always about the numbers but whether or not you're disruptive enough from play to play that frees up someone else to get pressure on the QB. I think he's lost a step just like Webster at CB. We have capable backup DE's but as far as we know, none are versatile like Tuck to play both inside and outside. If I had it my way and call me crazy but I'd see what it would take to get Suh out of Detroit. I dont think he'll be a Lion forever.
    AS MJ WOULD SAY " IS THIS SIGNATURE IN VIOLATION NOW..."

"Isiah's about as safe as me in a room full of cookies, If I'm in a room full of cookies the cookies ain't got no chance." --- Sir Charles

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rwynyc View Post

They're because of Tuck? Forget the offense or Spags. Yes, he had two sacks in 46 but he was completely invisible the rest of the game (1 other tackle). He was good in 42 but that was in his prime. He's gone now and he realizes it (he's been hiding from Twitter ever since the game because he knows people are realizing he does nothing). He's not nearly as good of a motivator as Strahan was and when the other defensive linemen see Tuck moping around, they're gonna follow suit.

vCash
    Interesting story on PSD about our linemen... Tuck is horrible this year, but I agree with the site that it is a general linemen problem at this point. Hell, even JPP has a average year! I'm not a real expert so can't tell if it's scheming by Fewell or just lack of commitment but if all of you say it's scheming I believe you...

vCash
    Interesting story on PSD about our linemen... Tuck is horrible this year, but I agree with the site that it is a general linemen problem at this point. Hell, even JPP has a average year! I'm not a real expert so can't tell if it's scheming by Fewell or just lack of commitment but if all of you say it's scheming I believe you...
    Actually, the article shows that his QB pressure % number is up from last year while his sacks are down, indicating that the other guys on the line, including Osi, Tuck and Kiwi (whose sack % and QB pressure % numbers are all down), aren't pulling their weight.

vCash
    True, but this is imo rather subjective in the sense that i wonder how to get a hard, concrete assessment on QB-pressure. Is it the distance that a DE has to the QB when he throws or how do you measure it?

That's why I also looked a actual numbers (in this case sacks) en herein I feel that he is rather disappointing. Therefore, taking the imo vague measure of QB-pressure and actual numbers in account, I feel that he only has an average year, nothing compared to the beast-mode he was in last year...

vCash
    True, but this is imo rather subjective in the sense that i wonder how to get a hard, concrete assessment on QB-pressure. Is it the distance that a DE has to the QB when he throws or how do you measure it?

That's why I also looked a actual numbers (in this case sacks) en herein I feel that he is rather disappointing. Therefore, taking the imo vague measure of QB-pressure and actual numbers in account, I feel that he only has an average year, nothing compared to the beast-mode he was in last year...
    Assessment of Justin Tuck: He's on the sideline moping on the most important plays of the game. He's in on the plays that don't mean much and when he's in, he looks lackadaisy at best.

2 tackles in a game we needed to win (or at least keep close). 43 all season. That's good enough for 9th best on our team, and the people in front of him have been in and out with injury. 8 Sacks in the last 2 years is pathetic for a man of Justin Tuck's caliber.

vCash
    Don't get me wrong! I completely agree that Tuck has been next to useless this year I'm just saying that he wasn't the only one who so far has had a bad year

vCash
    Tuck back on the injury report with shoulder.. Probably only did that so he can make more excuses and ***** about it..

vCash

You can give it the same amount of value as any other stat, which.....isn't much. There are too many factors involved in every stat. You have to gauge by what, as an educated and well versed fan, you see during the game. Sure his statistical QB pressure is up, but....is that because olines are focusing on JPP, Osi and Kiwi since Tuck isn't a force to be accounted for, so he gets through more often or is it because he really IS getting pressure? How many plays is he getting doubled which is just as important as pressures since it opens things up for the rest of the line?

I think evaluating Tuck is simple. He's very emotional. He's still out there before games yelling at his team, firing them up. He's still a leader who captains the dline. He's still a guy that olines look out for and he's still getting penetration and better than a majority of the DEs you'll find around the league.

BUT, he's far from what he was 4 years ago. He went full throttle and maybe its the injuries or maybe its mental or maybe he just burned fast, but he's down a few notches from his prime. That's all.

He's not worthless. He doesn't suck (if you think so, then you just don't watch enough nonGiants games). The same emotion that fires up the team from him also reacts strong to being down. So don't let a few choice camera shots ruin your opinion of Tuck.

The defense isn't just a couple guys, its a machine of parts with an overall scheme. Right now, some parts (DB injuries, LB suckage, DTs are average at best) and the scheme are just not working.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast